PDA

View Full Version : Online dating advice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Alex Forrest
09-14-2012, 06:31 AM
:rolleyes:

So... if the guy were to have tried to take things a few steps further and not be willing to take no for an answer, do you still think she should "embrace it?"

Uh, no....

heckles
09-14-2012, 02:11 PM
3. Me 'n Tito. Who is Tito, does he know you are posting photos of the two of you on a dating site, and why do 3 of your photos feature Tito?

You can probably narrow it down to two suspects: Tito Jackson, the awesome chocolatey backbone of The Jacksons, or Josip Broz Tito, the Yugoslav dictator. I suspect the ad was referring to the former.

SHARPIE
09-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I online dated for a few months earlier this year, by the end of it - I could hear the voice of Bridget Jones saying, "stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional ****wits, or perverts."

:P

leesaleesa
09-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I online dated for a few months earlier this year, by the end of it - I could hear the voice of Bridget Jones saying, "stop forming romantic attachments to any of the following: alcoholics, workaholics, sexaholics, commitment-phobics, peeping toms, megalomaniacs, emotional ****wits, or perverts."

So, that sort of took like 99% out of the running? Did you actually meet anyone that was at least friend material?

Speaking of friends, I took a quick trip to the keys this past week, and invited a guy I dated years ago because we both do photography. It was understood that I was providing transportation and lodging, and he would pay his share of anything else. (It was also understod that it was platonic) Lo and behold, the day before we left, he informed me he couldn't go because he had no money, unless I would pay his meals and entertainment. Then he had the brass iron balls to ask to borrow 2k for his rent which is never paid in full or on time. Luckily, I am a good solo traveler.

Do need to figure out why I am such a loser magnet at this point.

Southpaw
09-14-2012, 09:54 PM
You can probably narrow it down to two suspects: Tito Jackson, the awesome chocolatey backbone of The Jacksons, or Josip Broz Tito, the Yugoslav dictator. I suspect the ad was referring to the former.

My money is on Tito Puente.

Karina1974
09-14-2012, 11:01 PM
My money is on Tito Puente.

Nope, he's dead.

SHARPIE
09-14-2012, 11:40 PM
So, that sort of took like 99% out of the running? Did you actually meet anyone that was at least friend material?

I met some very nice men :) Saw more than one of them a few times and er may or may not be still seeing one of them ;)

There was the marathon running workaholic who looked like Charlie Sheen :swoon: - he was a lot of fun but obsessive about work and fitness... all a bit alien. ;) We are still friends on facebook and message now and then.

One 6 years younger than me, we had some good times but the age difference showed - He still played with Lego at 34. Not just that reason but meh :)

The guy who I saw a few times but by the wonders of facebook found out was actually living with a GF and Baby - Wasnt annoyed, but I was for her. Who deserves a bloke who goes behind her back on a very prolific dating site.

The one who just was SO not over his ex. (One date!)

The one who turned up looking 10 years older than his pictures with the personality of a slug too (Fastest date ever!)

One I saw around 10 or so times, talking of workaholic - He did an 11 hr day at work 6 days a week a 120 mile round trip from where we live (This is virtually unheard of in the area of the UK I live in) - On top of that he had a 'hobby job' as a DJ -Um , fella where was your time?! We still email and text now and then.

I think I covered most of them :) - It certainly was entertaining :D

Southpaw
09-15-2012, 03:12 AM
Nope, he's dead.

:confused: That's never been an issue for me in my love life.