PDA

View Full Version : Online dating advice

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

leesaleesa
09-07-2012, 01:04 AM
I find that men tend to overestimate their attractiveness, and women underestimate theirs. In the case of homely men, grossly so. Homely doesn't turn me off, but thinking the hottest bikini model on planet earth isn't hot enough for you is unacceptable.

Searching my hard drive for more pictures in the exact same outfit except sitting or lounging against something to send to jeweler guy. He wanted more photos, so more photos he will get. Maybe a headshot at a slightly different angle with the same hair and makeup. Silly rabbit-Did he think he was getting skin?

I would dress up as a furry or a hot dog or somesuch, but he probably has fetishes that are compatible with furries and giant hot dogs.

Cupid
09-07-2012, 01:28 AM
I've noticed on a certain dating website, you are asked to describe your attractiveness from very good looking, good looking, average, below average ... most men describe themselves as good looking, when in fact, they are not.:lol: And they do describe their body type as "fit" instead of average or a few extra pounds. And they will add an inch or two to their height if they fall in the 5'-7" or 5'8" category, then they are 5'-9" or 5-10".

Don't they know the gig is up when they do the meetup? :lol:

Cupid
09-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Searching my hard drive for more pictures in the exact same outfit except sitting or lounging against something to send to jeweler guy. He wanted more photos, so more photos he will get. Maybe a headshot at a slightly different angle with the same hair and makeup. Silly rabbit-Did he think he was getting skin?

I would dress up as a furry or a hot dog or somesuch, but he probably has fetishes that are compatible with furries and giant hot dogs.

Doesn't have to be "skin" - that would be too sleezy. He obviously wants to see body shots to make sure that you're thin/fit enough for him. Don't post costumey giant hot dog things, post something in a nice dress and heels, something femmy looking and attractive. That's what he wants to see. And if the photos are decent, you may even attract a higher caliber of guys. Try it.

leesaleesa
09-07-2012, 01:56 AM
No, I am not going to try it. I posted a profile looking for friends/casual dating. Why do they need photos other than the ones I posted? The full length shot is a skirt above the knee with a fitted black turtleneck. It's a good photo, and shows my unfat figure well enough for casual dating purposes.

My friend tried match a couple of years back, and found that all she got for posting tasteful yet figure enhancing photos was nothing but a bunch of rude, horny idiots.

They all seem to claim an athletic physique, it's true. My ex, who was posting weird domination profiles on some fetish board, always claimed an athletic physique, though he was more shaped like Humpty Dumpty than Michael Phelps.

DAngel
09-07-2012, 02:30 AM
I wonder if these men really believe that they're all that... Maybe they are treating it like a job interview? You try to convince the other party that you are a great catch, even if deep down inside you don't actually believe it. :lol:

Cupid
09-07-2012, 02:35 AM
No, I am not going to try it.

What have you got to lose? (or as they say on dating websites, "loose"? lol)

leesaleesa
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
What have you got to lose? (or as they say on dating websites, "loose"? lol)

Gee, I don't know, self respect? I'm not going to risk putting provocative photos on the internet, because A. I am in a profession that requires discretion, B. I don't dress "femmy", and C. I'm not doing something that makes me uncomfortable to please a stranger.

It's been stated more than once that I am looking for friends/casual dating. How many people require multiple photos of their friends?

I did have a guy staring at me in a Publix parking lot after work today-He proceeded to take off his shirt and strut, and kept looking at me to see if I would notice. Ugh.

What's the point of posing as something you're not just to attract a douche bag? If they're so shallow that they can't have "ugly" or "fat" friends, who the hell would want to put up with their bullshit on an intimate basis?

That's it, he's getting the Evgeni Pluschenko photo. He doesn't even fabricate or cast. Some jeweler.

heckles
09-08-2012, 06:46 AM
I did have a guy staring at me in a Publix parking lot after work today-He proceeded to take off his shirt and strut, and kept looking at me to see if I would notice.

How did this go? A guy was just loitering in the parking lot, saw you, and began a Chippendales routine?

milanessa
09-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Gee, I don't know, self respect? I'm not going to risk putting provocative photos on the internet, because A. I am in a profession that requires discretion, B. I don't dress "femmy", and C. I'm not doing something that makes me uncomfortable to please a stranger.

I'm confused. Is he asking for more photos or more provocative photos?

leesaleesa
09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
How did this go? A guy was just loitering in the parking lot, saw you, and began a Chippendales routine?

Thusly: He was getting into his car, stepped back and gave me this smirky stare. I quickly shoved my bundles in the car, got in and locked the door, because you never know when some weird dude will eat your face off. I looked back over, and he had removed his shirt and was smirking and staring still, flexed, started off towards the store, and then came back to his car and continued to smirk and pose.

There was no gym nearby, nor any other business that he could walk into shirtless. Maybe he was on the bath salts.

I asked Jeweler man what kind of photos he had in mind, and his reply wan "bathing suit". No, that's not going to happen.

OliviaPug
09-08-2012, 05:26 PM
The second someone asked me for more photos rather than meeting me in person, is the second I would block them! So many men out there are not even free to date, but instead get their rocks off by "hooking up" with women on dating sites. Those are usually the ones asking for and sending the provocative photos and inappropriate emails.

O-

heckles
09-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I asked Jeweler man what kind of photos he had in mind, and his reply wan "bathing suit". No, that's not going to happen.

Why are you still talking to this dweeb?

leesaleesa
09-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Why are you still talking to this dweeb?

Because we had a couple of decent exchanges I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I've been wrong many times, and wanted to give him a chance. The answer was that women can look good in clothes, but bad out of them.

I did want to ask him how many men he had experienced out their clothes, and how traumatizing that an be for our sex, but left well enough alone.

Yes, he is a dweeb.

milanessa
09-08-2012, 08:28 PM
The answer was that women can look good in clothes, but bad out of them.

So his expectation going in is that he'll see the women he contacts with no clothes? :rofl: Maybe he belongs on hookup.com.

heckles
09-08-2012, 08:36 PM
The answer was that women can look good in clothes, but bad out of them.

Eh, so then you send him a swimsuit photo, what's next? He still hasn't seen you unclothed. Would he expect a photo of you in the buff next? Guy sounds manipulative. Lose this one.