PDA

View Full Version : Facebook page calls for American-only hours at U.S. Costco

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

purple skates
08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
All I can say about this is that Canadians are more than welcome in Detroit, Port Huron and Sault Ste Marie! Michigan loves Canadian trade. :)

MacMadame
08-15-2012, 04:24 PM
On a side note, I found it ironic that Red Lobster couldnít make a go of it here in Portland....Maine.

That doesn't surprise me at all. You can get good tasting seafood all over Maine. Why would you go to Red Lobster for mediocre seafood? :D

FunnyBut
08-15-2012, 04:29 PM
On a side note, I found it ironic that Red Lobster couldnít make a go of it here in Portland....Maine.

Nope. In Maine, you can get fresh real coldwater lobster, relatively cheap. Why would you settle for defrosted Red Lobster?

heckles
08-15-2012, 05:36 PM
I found it ironic that Red Lobster couldnít make a go of it here in Portland....Maine.

Yeah, but it's pretty funny that you can buy lobster rolls at McDonald's in Maine.

Jenny
08-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but it's pretty funny that you can buy lobster rolls at McDonald's in Maine.

In New Brunswick, they're called McHomard. :lol:

milanessa
08-15-2012, 05:53 PM

McDonald's markets well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_availability_of_McDonald%27s_product s

cygnus
08-15-2012, 11:35 PM

And New Brunswick. You also can get (or at least could at one time- I haven't been there for a few years) a McLobster Sandwich.

Reuven
08-15-2012, 11:38 PM
That doesn't surprise me at all. You can get good tasting seafood all over Maine. Why would you go to Red Lobster for mediocre seafood? :D
Well, the irony is in the name, but, yeah, itís kinda hard to beat having seafood that was in the sea just this morning.

MacMadame
08-16-2012, 07:27 AM
So our local news station just did a story on this. In the story some expert from Oregon pointed out that sales tax revenues had DOUBLED in the past year, mostly because of sales to Canadians.

Wiery
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM
So, when is money less valuable because it's Canadian???? Can someone explain this to me? If those idiots what to reject good money because of xenophobia, then Canadians I"m sure will be happy to shop elsewhere. We should be welcoming them, treating our guests with honour, shag them if possible 'cause it sounds like some folks in the US have been suffering from inbreeding, then invite them to visit again. :)

Skittl1321
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
f those idiots what to reject good money because of xenophobia, then Canadians I"m sure will be happy to shop elsewhere.

It isn't the business that doesn't want the money, it is the idiots who don't want to stand in long lines.

Because it doesn't go directly to them, they apparently can't see the value of having someone else paying taxes (sales tax...) to their state.

Norlite
08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
So, when is money less valuable because it's Canadian????

The money is American. It's only the people who are Canadian.

And on that note, thank you my Canadian bank that joined up with Visa so I can now my debit when I'm on the other side of the border. :cheer:

(although, it is kind of odd to swipe that card instead of using my chip, but maybe someday the lovely Merikans will catch up. ;) )

victoriajh
08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
There's only a couple of Red Lobsters in the Vancouver area, and White Spot attracts a lot of customers who would otherwise go to something like Denny's or IHOP (if for no other reason than its food is 10,000x better than either of those).

Wait.....there are red lobsters in Vancouver? I am SO out of it!!!!

manhn
08-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I don't think there is a Red Lobster in the Vancouver area. Maybe overedge was thinking about the one Olive Garden?

cruisin
08-16-2012, 05:51 PM
THis is just laughable. I guess we needed something new to complain about. Here's a thought, Costco is typically very crowded on weekends, go during the week. They have extended hours on certain days. The Costco, near me, is a mad house on weekends (especially around the holidays), it is miserable. But, blaming Canadians? Ridiculous!