PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time S2: The Magic Returns

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Artemis@BC
10-02-2012, 07:24 PM
From the outside it looks like Regina's sworn revenge on a little girl for making a mistake, but when you look at it from her view (ie. blinded by grief and rage) then rationale doesn't really factor into her actions. Despite Snow's good intentions her actions resulted in David's death (his name was David, right?). Regina has yet to get past that and, from all indications, she has no intention of moving past it. I don't even think she wants to.

Regina probably inherited the magic from her mother and I'm guessing that kind of magic had a corrupting effect on her and that's why she's all vindictive and evil.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph, but not the 1st. I think the only believable explanation here is that inheriting the magic somehow corrupted her soul (further).

Her grief and anger after losing Daniel would have been a believable explanation if she'd lashed out at Snow at the time. Or, even more believable, lashing out at her mother. And Regina had lived under her mother's tyranny long enough to know who was really to blame for Daniel's death. But as rationale for a long-term, all-encompassing, obsessive vendetta to destroy not only the person who was an innocent child at the time of the betrayal but the entire realm ... nope, I just don't buy it.

What happened with her mother has to be the missing piece of this puzzle -- and I have sufficient faith in the writers to deliver it to us at the right time. I'm thinking it will be somehow parallel with but different from Rumple's gaining-magic-results-in-losing-soul story.

kwanatic
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
I agree with your 2nd paragraph, but not the 1st. I think the only believable explanation here is that inheriting the magic somehow corrupted her soul (further).

Her grief and anger after losing Daniel would have been a believable explanation if she'd lashed out at Snow at the time. Or, even more believable, lashing out at her mother. And Regina had lived under her mother's tyranny long enough to know who was really to blame for Daniel's death. But as rationale for a long-term, all-encompassing, obsessive vendetta to destroy not only the person who was an innocent child at the time of the betrayal but the entire realm ... nope, I just don't buy it.

What happened with her mother has to be the missing piece of this puzzle -- and I have sufficient faith in the writers to deliver it to us at the right time. I'm thinking it will be somehow parallel with but different from Rumple's gaining-magic-results-in-losing-soul story.

Rationally, it makes no sense for her to be that upset with Snow. However, given the fact her mother was obviously an opportunistic and sadistic witch, one would assume the rotten apple doesn't fall that far from the tree. Motives aren't always so cut and dried when it comes to psychopathic evil people. I think Daniel's death unhinged Regina quite a bit...thus she's crazy, in pain, enraged, and evil with magic powers to boot.

ITA about her mom. That part of the story hasn't been explored yet. My thought is Regina probably got revenge on her mother for Daniel's death, which leaves Snow to "pay" for her part in what happened...

Rationally, Regina should get over it and move on...but, like I said, rationale doesn't come into play when you're talking about evil queens! :)

jeffisjeff
10-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Also the preview for next week... HOLY CRAP CAPTAIN HOOK IS HAWT!!!!!

Did I see Lancelot in the preview of this season? That's a bit :huh: !

CDANN1013
10-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Casting News According to EW, the actor playing Captain Hook has already been upgraded to series regular. I wonder if he might be Emma new boyfriend.

Carol

Yehudi
10-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Interestingly, the guy who plays Captain Hook played Sarah Bolger's Tudors love interest , who was ironically enough, named Duke Philip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-A8o2wb84A

HeatherC
10-04-2012, 03:36 AM
Rationally, it makes no sense for her to be that upset with Snow. However, given the fact her mother was obviously an opportunistic and sadistic witch, one would assume the rotten apple doesn't fall that far from the tree. Motives aren't always so cut and dried when it comes to psychopathic evil people. I think David's death unhinged Regina quite a bit...thus she's crazy, in pain, enraged, and evil with magic powers to boot.

ITA about her mom. That part of the story hasn't been explored yet. My thought is Regina probably got revenge on her mother for David's death, which leaves Snow to "pay" for her part in what happened to David...

Rationally, Regina should get over it and move on...but, like I said, rationale doesn't come into play when you're talking about evil queens! :)

Regina's stable boy love was named Daniel, not David. I'm getting confused reading your posts about this because I keep thinking about David/Charming and that is obviously not him you're talking about, LOL :lol:

Is it Sunday yet?! :P

kwanatic
10-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Regina's stable boy love was named Daniel, not David. I'm getting confused reading your posts about this because I keep thinking about David/Charming and that is obviously not him you're talking about, LOL :lol:

Is it Sunday yet?! :P

LOL! I knew it was something like that. I went back and fixed it. :)

TanithandBenFan
10-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Preview from Episode #2 (http://youtu.be/J7lOXJD3Flo)

Love seeing these two in a scene together!

Nan
10-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Preview from Episode #2 (http://youtu.be/J7lOXJD3Flo)

:rollin:

HeatherC
10-06-2012, 02:54 AM
I'm not sure which is better...Charming and Jefferson or the one I saw with Charming and Henry. :biggrinbo

Is it Sunday yet??! :rollin:

HeatherC
10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Bumping this up for episode two tonight!!! :cheer:

rjblue
10-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Lots and lots of reveal tonight! My heart still breaks for young Regina, and I'm so pleased that she let Henry go.

I also liked that they didn't go to the Enchanted Forest today until the very end, with Cora coming out of the shadows. I wonder what will happen when Snow wakes up and recognised her.

Biggest questions-Where is poor Pinnochio? Did Belle cross the line? Is that why Gold was standing on the border looking devastated?

ChelleC
10-08-2012, 01:27 AM
Seriously writers, stop trying to make Regina sympathetic.

Amy L
10-08-2012, 02:46 AM
Biggest questions-[spoiler]Where is poor Pinnochio? Did Belle cross the line? Is that why Gold was standing on the border looking devastated?

We saw Pinocchio's eyes open, so he may have scarpered off somewhere, still wooden. I don't think Belle crossed the line, I think he's just devastated that he can't leave. He had maps of New York, which is where Baelfire probably is (the guy in the apartment at the beginning of the first episode this season, I bet that was him and Rumples knows that's where he is)

Wyliefan
10-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Seriously writers, stop trying to make Regina sympathetic.

I don't believe for a second that she really wants to redeem herself. She's got something up her sleeve, I'm sure!

That was a nice reveal at the end.