PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time S2: The Magic Returns

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

HeatherC
03-13-2013, 03:48 AM
I couldn't find the actual tree I saw a few weeks ago for the ever growing Charming family but TV Guide has a photo gallery dedicated to them all so here's that link: http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/Once-Family-Tree-1061303

Artemis@BC
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
I couldn't find the actual tree I saw a few weeks ago for the ever growing Charming family but TV Guide has a photo gallery dedicated to them all so here's that link: http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/Once-Family-Tree-1061303

I'm surprised there isn't a family tree at the OuaT Wiki site -- though they do have a pretty awesome timeline (http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline/Enchanted_Forest). And frankly, with all the overlapping flashbacks, it's the when I sometimes have more trouble keeping track of, rather than the who.

But speaking of family ... we've never heard anything about David's natural father, have we? I think there might have been some mention during one of the Ruth-at-the-farm episodes about David being the "man of the house," ... but I don't recall if the father was dead or just "gone." If they were looking for a new family character connection to make, that would be an obvious one.

HeatherC
03-14-2013, 02:51 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a family tree at the OuaT Wiki site -- though they do have a pretty awesome timeline (http://onceuponatime.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline/Enchanted_Forest). And frankly, with all the overlapping flashbacks, it's the when I sometimes have more trouble keeping track of, rather than the who.

But speaking of family ... we've never heard anything about David's natural father, have we? I think there might have been some mention during one of the Ruth-at-the-farm episodes about David being the "man of the house," ... but I don't recall if the father was dead or just "gone." If they were looking for a new family character connection to make, that would be an obvious one.

Yeah, the when sometimes gets a little confusing for me too, LOL ;)

I can't remember if they actually said the specifics about David's father. I remember them saying that he hadn't been around for most of David's life but I don't think they ever clarified if he was dead or had just left their family. I may be starting a re-watch of season one this spring sometime and that episode is high up on my list to watch again. I'll have to check that part and see if they said what happened to him. Hmmm, things to ponder....

HeatherC
03-18-2013, 01:12 AM
BUMP

I haven't watched it all yet but I KNEW that young kid was going to end up being the grown up outsider Greg! I'll be back later with more thoughts since I need to watch the the first 20 minutes to get totally caught up. :biggrinbo

CDANN1013
03-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Spoiler Question Did Regina rip out Snow White's heart

Norlite
03-18-2013, 01:22 AM

Yes, but she put it back in

HeatherC
03-18-2013, 01:22 AM

Yes, but she put it back in when she realized that killing Snow would be giving her what she wanted (Snow was begging Regina to crush her heart and kill her) and Regina said she would rather watch Snow suffer with the darkness that she now has inside her than give her what she wants (the heart was shown to have a dark spot on it).

I probably didn't need to spoiler that but I did anyway just in case anyone wanders in here who hasn't seen that part yet.

CDANN1013
03-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Yes, but she put it back in when she realized that killing Snow would be giving her what she wanted (Snow was begging Regina to crush her heart and kill her) and Regina said she would rather watch Snow suffer with the darkness that she now has inside her than give her what she wants (the heart was shown to have a dark spot on it).

I probably didn't need to spoiler that but I did anyway just in case anyone wanders in here who hasn't seen that part yet.

Never mind

Wyliefan
03-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Poor Snow. I just tweeted to the official Once account, "Girl needs Jesus." If anyone monitors that thing, they probably just fell off their chair. :lol:

This episode and the last one were really strong. Some of the best they've done so far, I think.

Spareoom
03-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Oh, this was such a good episode! Great l

Spareoom
03-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Oh, this was such a good episode! Great look into Regina's motives into adopting, and you can really see how the curse didn't make her happy. Do they ever?

I'm realllllly curious to see who Bae's fiancée is. I was pretty sure she wasn't magical but it looks like she is and he didn't know. Not from Storybrook, though.

And bravo Emma for taking my advice and attempting to get Henry OUTTA THERE. Smart move but it looks like Henry won't go. But at least she's trying.

Wyliefan
03-18-2013, 03:17 PM
The part where Regina started to get bored was really brilliantly done. A great illustration of "the banality of evil," I think.

professordeb
03-18-2013, 03:28 PM
At times I got really confused because of the switching between timelines rather than "story" lines. I found it a bit confusing and couldn't quite understand why we needed to be in 1983 -- until the end of the show and then it made sense. Guess I am very slow in picking up on little things like Owen the child returns as ??? -- the guy who is trying to see the magic taking place.

Poor Snow. Now she's seen that she has blackness in heart, she seems truly devastated. So many ways that could go, but the worst of it is that now Regina believes she can "have it all".

I understand Henry trying to "blow up and kill the magic" -- good idea, too bad it wouldn't work.

Love how Emma called out Bael on Henry's disappearing. Dad thinks Henry bought in on the "going to New York and being safe" and that Henry had just gone to the bathroom. Emma asks "with his packback?" and then proceeds to say that Henry's run off -- shades of his dad. Gotta love Emma calling a spade a spade there. Made me chuckle.

Wyliefan
03-18-2013, 04:03 PM
It would be nice if Henry would just occasionally recognize that there MIGHT be someone on this earth who knows a little bit more than he does. I realize that it was important that he had to cling to his belief in the fairytale book, and keep pushing it, when no one else would listen. But now his know-it-all act is starting to get old.

Nan
03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Henry still sees everything in black and white, like most children. I'm waiting for the day when he realizes that everything that's happening now was set in motion with his action of bringing Emma to Storybrooke. What was a fairy tale is now the real world.