PDA

View Full Version : Randy Travis in Trouble with the Law

Pages : [1] 2

skipaway
08-08-2012, 09:33 PM
I am by no means a country music fan but I have fond memories of Travis during my college years. He seemed so wholesome back then....look at him now. :yikes:

The country star is behind bars for the second time in 2012, after an arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated--and naked--Tuesday night in Texas
Randy Travis DUI (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-country/randy-travis-trouble-law-again-arrested-dwi-163846648.html)

Norlite
08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
He seemed so wholesome back then....

Well, as wholesome as a kid could be with a lengthy criminal record who gets involved with a married older woman which contributes to the break up of her marriage. :shuffle:

BigB08822
08-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Cause tonight I'm sittin alone, diggin up bones...and driving under the influence while naked....

skipaway
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Well, as wholesome as a kid could be with a lengthy criminal record who gets involved with a married older woman which contributes to the break up of her marriage. :shuffle:

Lost track of him in the 80's. Had no idea.

overedge
08-08-2012, 11:12 PM
I didn't realize that he and his wife/manager had gotten divorced. That picture is sad :(

(But I must admit that the story made me think of when Matthew McConaghey got busted for naked bongo playing. Also in Texas...)

Jenny
08-09-2012, 01:17 PM
(But I must admit that the story made me think of when Matthew McConaghey got busted for naked bongo playing. Also in Texas...)

Big difference - he was in his own home, not driving a car and endangering others, nor threatening police.

AxelAnnie
08-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Did tequila make his clothes fall off?

Kidding aside... What a mess. I only know of him from the song Carrie Underwood did with him.
How in the world do you get that drunk?

kylet3
08-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Kidding aside... What a mess. I only know of him from the song Carrie Underwood did with him.
How in the world do you get that drunk?

Depending what part of Texas you're in... quite easily.. :shuffle: If there's not alot to do and nothing around for miles... Then what do you do? Drink...

That's what happened when I was in Oklahoma for six days... A DUI down there is almost like a right of passage... :scream:

Wiery
08-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Trust me, it happens... :shuffle:

heckles
08-09-2012, 04:32 PM
I didn't realize that he and his wife/manager had gotten divorced.

He didn't love her forever and ever. Amen.

pilgrimsoul
08-09-2012, 06:21 PM
So sad. He was my mom's favorite male country singer. The last I had read about him years ago was that he & his wife were enjoying their life together living in an amazing oceanfront house in Hawaii. Now he's divorced, gets busted for DUI naked in a '98 Trans Am. (Did the guy go broke or something? That's a pretty old car for a wealthy celebrity to be driving).

milanessa
08-09-2012, 06:33 PM
A bit more news. A fan bailed im out and another drove him home. Also before the crash he apparently walked into a convenience store naked to buy some cigarettes but couldn't pay for them. :eek:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/fans-bail-randy-travis-naked-arrest-dwi-obstruction-charges-article-1.1132496

The dude has problems.

Bev Johnston
08-09-2012, 07:41 PM
A bit more news. A fan bailed im out and another drove him home. Also before the crash he apparently walked into a convenience store naked to buy some cigarettes but couldn't pay for them. :eek:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/fans-bail-randy-travis-naked-arrest-dwi-obstruction-charges-article-1.1132496

The dude has problems.

I guess because he didn't have any place to put his wallet?

This whole situation sounds like one giant research project for a country album. His next country album.

overedge
08-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Big difference - he was in his own home, not driving a car and endangering others, nor threatening police.

I thought he threatened the police when they showed up and told him and his bongo-playing friends to quiet down.

kylet3
08-09-2012, 08:39 PM
He didn't love her forever and ever. Amen.

:rofl: