PDA

View Full Version : NBC Day 10 Bikes, Bars, Bolt, and Boards!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

my little pony
08-07-2012, 04:08 AM
What are the rings, again?

if an american won it, they would be forced to show it

Allskate
08-07-2012, 04:09 AM
AKA half the vault field, and clips of the men's rings medalists. Or maybe just the vault final. What are the rings, again?

There really does seem to be some rule against showing rings on NBC. :lol:

The men's vault will give them an opportunity to talk about how shocking Maroney's vault was.

kappa_1
08-07-2012, 04:10 AM
So I didn't watch the NBC broadcast tonight but did they do anything further to turn audiences off of Mustafina? My roommates watching the broadcast say they can't stand her because she seems mean, unsportsmanlike, etc. I think they're being irrational lol.

Congrats again to the deserving UB champ!!!

ssminnow
08-07-2012, 04:15 AM
So I didn't watch the NBC broadcast tonight but did they do anything further to turn audiences off of Mustafina? My roommates watching the broadcast say they can't stand her because she seems mean, unsportsmanlike, etc. I think they're being irrational lol.

Congrats again to the deserving UB champ!!!

They showed Aliya smiling when Gabby made the mistake on bars, with Al's not-so-subtle "this is while Gabby is still doing her routine!" As if other gymnasts wouldn't have smiled.

ks1227
08-07-2012, 04:16 AM
if an american won it, they would be forced to show it

True. And if an American man even got on the podium in rings, hell would also freeze over. :lol: It hasn't happened at an Olympics since Mitch Gaylord got the bronze in 1984 (which was boycotted). Heck, I'm not sure the U.S. men have even been on a Worlds podium in rings since Paul O'Neill in the 1990s. :shuffle:

Fridge_Break
08-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Ooh, Belgian twins :grope:

LuckyCharm
08-07-2012, 04:17 AM
They showed Aliya smiling when Gabby made the mistake on bars, with Al's not-so-subtle "this is while Gabby is still doing her routine!" As if other gymnasts wouldn't have smiled.

I bet she was thinking "That's toooo baaaad....":lol:

Braulio
08-07-2012, 04:19 AM
Glad I don't see NBC anymore since last thursday... I could not stand the fluff-festival their primetime is now, after getting live events in Beijing with so zero to very few fluff this time in London is ugly

Glad also that for Rio 2016 the time zone difference will be very very friendly and will allow most likely to schedule swimming, gymnastics and athletics at the NBC primetime lineup, so that will allow to follow SPORTS and not fluff (or at least less of it)

Fridge_Break
08-07-2012, 04:19 AM
I bet she was thinking "That's toooo baaaad....":lol:

Are you referencing Carly Patterson's infamous viewing of the Romanian wipe-out on FX from 2003 Worlds? Talk about a moment that had me laughing for hours afterwards. :rofl:

March_Hare
08-07-2012, 04:20 AM
"Can you pinpoint what went wrong in your routine today?" "It wasn't very good."

I totally wish Gabby were snarky enough to do that.

I will always remember Kristy Wirtz's reply to this sort of canned "What happened out there" question asked of her moments after coming off the ice. Her reply? "I fell on my ass".
We are not worthy ...:lol:

Matryeshka
08-07-2012, 04:20 AM
Awwww, yay for Kirani and Grenada! What a great guy as well. :)

Michalle
08-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Is the vault not going to be until the late-night show? Trying to manage my time.

LuckyCharm
08-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Are you referencing Carly Patterson's infamous viewing of the Romanian wipe-out on FX from 2003 Worlds? Talk about a moment that had me laughing for hours afterwards. :rofl:

I was rooting for Romania, but that was still the one of the funniest effing things I'd ever seen.:rofl:

Prancer
08-07-2012, 04:26 AM
PML at the crazed fans in Grenada!

RINGS!

ChelleC
08-07-2012, 04:27 AM
What is this strange gymnastics apparatus NBC is showing? They've not shown this before.

Loving seeing Jovtchev.