PDA

View Full Version : NBC Day 10 Bikes, Bars, Bolt, and Boards!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Anita18
08-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Beach volleyball is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!!!!!!! :wall:
I've always preferred indoor. There's more bodies flying around. :lol:

Matryeshka
08-07-2012, 02:27 AM
So far, NBC has shown nothing worth missing anything else for.

I'm a fan of women's beach volleyball. The men just seem plodding.

I've learned something about Olympic women: they are the praying mantis. They are VICIOUS and will always go for the kill. I LIKE it. None of these slow volleys running outside of the line and these wussy little punches. I think Walsh-Traenor, the Aussies, the Czechs, and the Brazilian women beach volleyball team could take either of these men's teams down. The audience is more fun to watch.

chipso1
08-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Shhh. That isn't allowed.

:rofl: Right?!?

oleada
08-07-2012, 02:28 AM
When I think beach volleyball, Latvia is not the country that comes to mind....

Good on you, Latvia! :cheer:
I love one of the Latvian's tattoos.

Prancer
08-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I like beach volleyball.

It's track and field I find meh.

That's the nice thing about the Olys--a little something for everyone.

museksk8r
Ugh, looks like it's going to be another LATE night for gymnastics fans who want to watch coverage tonight. :wall::EVILLE:

A.H.Black
Shhh. That isn't allowed.

:rofl: Right?!?

sorry

A.H.Black
08-07-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm really enjoying the diving. I'm glad to see some "men" rather than just "boys".

Theatregirl1122
08-07-2012, 02:35 AM
It's super weird that they only go to 15 in the third set.

I always hate seeing disappointed athletes. It's always a little weird to me to see interviews where Olympic Champions start talking about hard work. It's not that I don't know how hard they worked to get there and it is important to mention it, but sometimes there are comments like "if you work hard your dreams really will come true" and I always think... well, what about the person who finished 2nd? Or 4th? Or the person who finished 2nd/3rd/4th at trials and just missed out on the chance to be here? Their dreams didn't come true. And I bet they worked really, really hard, too. I feel like you never win because you worked harder than anyone else. You win because you had more talent than some people who worked just as hard and worked harder than some people with more talent and just had more luck than some people who worked just as hard and had just as much talent.

And yes, I'm rambling.

Theatregirl1122
08-07-2012, 02:38 AM
I like beach volleyball.

It's track and field I find meh.

That's the nice thing about the Olys--a little something for everyone.

Same for me. People always ask how I can like swimming so much and be so meh about track. Can't explain it, it's just true.

oleada
08-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Blargh, Pharmelita wins her heat :blah:

BelleBway
08-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Same for me. People always ask how I can like swimming so much and be so meh about track. Can't explain it, it's just true.

I explain it for myself by the fact that I am a Pisces and therefore love anything water related.

I don't mind track, but prefer swimming/diving.

my little pony
08-07-2012, 02:43 AM
i dont like any track events but i keep popping in on the off chance some asst director will lose his mind and show some gymnastics. i'm waiting for tg to start a movement to get track and swimming switched in the schedule for rio.

Matryeshka
08-07-2012, 02:46 AM
I like watching track on this broadcast because the quality of coverage is so much better.

Fridge_Break
08-07-2012, 02:48 AM
i'm waiting for tg to start a movement to get track and swimming switched in the schedule for rio.

That would be uh-may-ziiing! It'd really keep my attention span a lot better throughout the entire games. Selfish, yes :D Although would they be able to turn the Olympic stadium around quick enough from opening ceremonies?