PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Delerious BBC Studio Pundits

SHARPIE
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Thought they deserved their own thread although these have been posted in daily threads.

Colin Jackson, Denise Lewis and Michael Johnson

First they go a bit mental for Mo Farrah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNWwkwzSLUE

And then for Usain Bolt - Gotta LOVE Colin Jackson, Look at whatshisname!!!'
:rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPrjgcdcRA

millyskate
08-06-2012, 09:27 AM
:rofl: I like having Michael Johnson there - he brings a good external perspective to the British performances. But I've always wondered why he's chosen to be a long-term BBC commentator! Does he live in the UK or something? He often seems very invested in the UK athletes

Lorac
08-06-2012, 09:31 AM
They were just taking to Colin Jackson regarding that and he just said he is a huge fan of athletics and he gets so involved - love it :)

And if you listen carefully in the first one Michael Johnson is actually cheering for Galen - which you can hardly blame him as he is American ;). But then he tried to be all calm and collected in the aftermath of the 100m :D

SHARPIE
08-06-2012, 09:32 AM
I dont think he lives in the UK, guess he was just brought in for his star value and a bit of impartiality. Much like having Ian Thorpe as our swimming pundit last week - LOVED how he corrected Gary Lineker on almost everything :P

If Im honest, when Johnson was competing I used to think he was a bit of a wanker with his gold trainers and all but I absolutely :swoon: and hang on to his every word over the years he's been on the BBC.

Loves_Shizuka
08-06-2012, 09:46 AM
^ITA; Michael is so articulate and knowledgble; I love listening to him. Colin just makes me laugh and Denise is :glamor:

allezfred
08-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Michael Johnson cuts through all the bullshit. He has been an analyst for the BBC since about 2005/2006. Whoever made the decision to hire him deserves a massive bonus.

Loves_Shizuka
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
^Remember the way he took over the fiasco that was Channel 4's coverage at worlds last year. Man is a legend.

millyskate
08-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Ian Thorpe :swoon: Talented and smart = very attractive in my book.

viennese
08-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Michael Johnson's also hosted, and maybe co produced, too, some excellent sports docs for the BBC.

He did one about ski racers who fall badly during their big races - how they cope with watching their competitors fall and hurt themselves, how they come back from terrible falls, how it stays in their minds and bodies. Really fascinating.