PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Hall: "God is my coach"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

allezfred
08-05-2012, 10:39 PM
US marathon runner talks about faith based coaching (http://youtu.be/wXhWU-HzIhc)

Sweet Jesus! :rofl: :rolleyes:

centerstage01
08-05-2012, 10:44 PM
And? What's it to you if the guy uses his faith in running? If he's happy with what he's doing then let him be. I know how much you enjoy mocking people's religious faith but leave him alone.

allezfred
08-05-2012, 10:52 PM
And? What's it to you if the guy uses his faith in running? If he's happy with what he's doing then let him be. I know how much you enjoy mocking people's religious faith but leave him alone.

Because it is so stupid. If there is a God surely he has better things to be doing with his time than coaching a marathon runner. :P

As for me mocking people's religious faith, well sometimes things deserves to be mocked. Like now. :rofl:

millyskate
08-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Because it is so stupid. If there is a God surely he has better things to be doing with his time than coaching a marathon runner. :P

As for me mocking people's religious faith, well sometimes things deserves to be mocked. Like now. :rofl:

God is not limited by time :P
The guy may have a way of expressing his faith you find OTT, but a whole new thread to mock someone's religious beliefs in the olympic forum? OTT as well.

centerstage01
08-05-2012, 11:08 PM
And if He does choose to coach the marathon runner? Again, why are you so invested? Why does this bother you so much? Will it really chap your hide if this guy does well in the marathon? If he medals?

If you want to mock someone, mock the pathetic Westboro losers. Mock the guy who decided to shoot up a Sikh temple in Wisconsin this morning. Mock Al Qaeda for wanting to kill anyone who isn't like them. A marathon runner who wishes no harm on anyone isn't worth mocking.

allezfred
08-05-2012, 11:22 PM
God is not limited by time :P
The guy may have a way of expressing his faith you find OTT, but a whole new thread to mock someone's religious beliefs in the olympic forum? OTT as well.

First of all there is no definitive proof that God exists. You can talk about faith all you like, but there isn't. So you can't possibly know whether God is limited or not.

The second part - are you new to FSU? :rofl:

mazzy
08-05-2012, 11:23 PM
It's one thing to ask some supernatural entity for help, but he actually claims to be receiving instructions and follows them. There surely is a clinical term for that...well, apart from batshit crazy. :shuffle:

Lanna
08-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Bad idea to have God as your coach. Can you imagine firing him?

allezfred
08-05-2012, 11:29 PM
And if He does choose to coach the marathon runner? Again, why are you so invested? Why does this bother you so much? Will it really chap your hide if this guy does well in the marathon? If he medals?

If he wins a medal, it won't be down to God or anybody else. It will be down to the hard training he put in. God or anybody else doesn't do the 300 crunches in the gym for you.

I'm not particularly invested in him one way or the other. I came across the link and thought it quite odd. I watch a lot of athletics and there has been an ever increasing trend by athletes to thank God for helping them to win which ins way is kind of suggesting that they are favoured over the other athletes in their event. Funny thing is that you don't hear them talking about God when they lose. :EVILLE:

ks1227
08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I watch a lot of athletics and there has been an ever increasing trend by athletes to thank God for helping them to win which ins way is kind of suggesting that they are favoured over the other athletes in their event. Funny thing is that you don't hear them talking about God when they lose.
I wouldn't start a new thread about it, but this trend annoys me as well. A lot.

jenny12
08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
I watch a lot of athletics and there has been an ever increasing trend by athletes to thank God for helping them to win which ins way is kind of suggesting that they are favoured over the other athletes in their event. Funny thing is that you don't hear them talking about God when they lose. :EVILLE:

Yeah, that's the part that I find annoying as well. I don't have a problem at all with people talking about their faith, but I don't like it when it is in terms of "God was on my side today" or "God was looking after me on this run." What does that mean for the other competitors? God didn't want them to win?

Coco
08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Is this the guy who through a fit because he couldn't stay with his wife, also an Olympian, in the village?

allezfred
08-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Is this the guy who through a fit because he couldn't stay with his wife, also an Olympian, in the village?

No. That was someone else.

Ziggy
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
He's a closet case isn't he? :P

It's one thing to ask some supernatural entity for help, but he actually claims to be receiving instructions and follows them. There surely is a clinical term for that...well, apart from batshit crazy. :shuffle:

http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/browse/2010/en#/F06.2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

Take your pick. ;)

Ozzisk8tr
08-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Bad idea to have God as your coach. Can you imagine firing him?

At least he's cheap though.