PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Hall: "God is my coach"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Theatregirl1122
08-06-2012, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't start a new thread about it, but this trend annoys me as well. A lot.

Yeah, I felt the same way after Gabby Douglas's interviews. For me, it falls under the umbrella of "keep your private stuff private".

berthesghost
08-06-2012, 04:19 PM
At least he's cheap though.Yeah but he's a incompetent manager. Can you imagine letting planes fly into a skyscraper because you were too busy helping some douche train for a foot race. You'd be so fired!

pollyanna
08-06-2012, 04:21 PM
At least he's cheap though.

:rofl:

Yeah, I felt the same way after Gabby Douglas's interviews. For me, it falls under the umbrella of "keep your private stuff private".

^^This.

Domshabfan
08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
US marathon runner talks about faith based coaching (http://youtu.be/wXhWU-HzIhc)

Sweet Jesus! :rofl: :rolleyes:

God i thought was busy helping Patrick Chan, he surely is busy.

ioana
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Isn't this the same guy who goes for a 'short run' in the AT&T commercial with the audiobooks? And makes it through the Illiad & Moby Dick?

Maybe God gives him slightly shorter intervals via divine instructions :P.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_xw6bv8YY

vesperholly
08-06-2012, 04:56 PM

Same. You don't need to namecheck your deity.

Like allezfred, I never see athletes thanking god when they lose or "god made me fall". Maybe they should point to the ground when they bite it. :EVILLE:

tarotx
08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Most Athletes when talking about God in relationship to sport, is more that God granted them gifts so the Glory goes to him. Also his wisdom made it worth the pain, pressure and no free time doable on a daily basis. So pretty much putting in the time and hard work made the dream possible but God's message made the time and hard work doable. He's their motivator. And Religious Gymnast do talk about God when something goes wrong. Every thing happens for a reason and time will show gods plan.

my little pony
08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
if god exists, he/she needs to spend less time at sporting event and more time on something useful

is it only american athletes that obnoxiously have god on their side? i dont really hear it from athletes from other countries

oleada
08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
is it only american athletes that obnoxiously have god on their side? i dont really hear it from athletes from other countries

Sadly, no.

dbell1
08-06-2012, 05:45 PM
:lol: So, if he falls flat on his face or gets struck by lightning then God has moved on to another sport?

julieann
08-06-2012, 05:57 PM

I actually heard it a lot from track athletes last night from other countries.

Poking fun of someone's religious beliefs is pretty low, even if you don't agree with them. I see some of the youtube comments called him a fag as well, how intolerant can some people get?

my little pony
08-06-2012, 06:02 PM
i dont care what his beliefs are but he should keep them to himself

although a lot of athletes who do thank god after a meet seem to have a god that sounds like santa claus who grants all their wishes

Norlite
08-06-2012, 06:03 PM
It's one thing to thank God for gifts, quite another to believe he's actually your coach with questions and answers and advise during training sessions. He's listening to himself and his own conscience.

But no harm no foul right. Whatever works no matter how strange.

Mayra
08-06-2012, 06:10 PM

Pretty much how I feel on the subject. So long as people aren't using their religion to push hate speech, I don't care who people choose to thank or talk to as they train.

Whatever gets you through your day.

julieann
08-06-2012, 06:13 PM
It's one thing to thank God for gifts, quite another to believe he's actually your coach with questions and answers and advise during training sessions. He's listening to himself and his own conscience.

So now his rights to be interviewed on CNN about his 'coach' are being trampled on? I bet if it were Michael Phelps talking about his coach you wouldn't have a problem with it?

Should he and his coaching techniques go back in the so called 'closet'? How about if you find yourself watching an interview that you don't particularly care for, you turn it off? You don't make fun of his religious beliefs, people don't call him a fag on youtube, and you don't advise that 'he should keep them [beliefs] to himself'

Medal no medal, it's his life.

FIN!