PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day Nine- General Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Braulio
08-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Why?

I am very suspicious of those usually super fast times in russian soil but never performing as they ' could ' in big meets and given the tradition with their runners and sprinters with doping

:scream:

Lorac
08-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Ireland guaranteed medal in boxing! :cheer:

Yay - and so are Team GB. I assume from this that there is no bronze medal fight and both losers of the semi gets a medal!!

Domshabfan
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I am very suspicious of those usually super fast times in russian soil but never performing as they ' could ' in big meets and given the tradition with their runners and sprinters with doping

Marion Jones never failed a drug test and set some great performance but we know and the generation of US sprinters where dope. So, just because they have great performance outside of US does not mean they are clean, especially US 400 mts runners, they have a tradition of relay runners on steroids.

Jimena
08-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I guess we shouldn't root for anybody. :slinkaway

:(

Cachoo
08-05-2012, 09:34 PM
It is sad because there are plenty of clean athletes but the dirty ones ruin it for everyone else. I use to value the track over the pool but not so much now.

mazzy
08-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Yet you're cheering for Ohuruogu who's served a ban for evading controls?

allezfred
08-05-2012, 10:22 PM
From the Irish Times blog:

IT:*There are reports that NBC didn’t show the 100m final. Show Jumping instead. In light of that, I don’t think we should have any further complaints about RTE.

:lol:

Michalle
08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Kazakhstan has 6 medals and they're all gold.

ioana
08-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Yes, Russia's gold tally is pretty terrible, comparatively speaking. They're favored in synchronized swimming and rhythmic gymnastics (and can possibly win gold in artistic gymnastics) but I truly have no clue what else they'd win in.

Are they still good in field events like shot put, hammer throw, etc? They used to be a while back at least.

mazzy
08-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Russia usually does well in wrestling. With synchro + rhythmics they should land fourth or fifth.

Citlali
08-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Russia usually does well in wrestling. With synchro + rhythmics they should land fourth or fifth.

They :kickass: today in the TR (synchronised swimming) :cheer:

Jimena
08-05-2012, 10:59 PM
They :kickass: today in the TR (synchronised swimming) :cheer:

They did. It was impressive.

allezfred
08-05-2012, 11:01 PM
The BBC obviously follow things on FSU given how they are using Spandau Ballet every time GB get a gold on the highlights programme.

Parsley Sage
08-05-2012, 11:39 PM
The BBC obviously follow things on FSU given how they are using Spandau Ballet every time GB get a gold on the highlights programme.

There's a Canadian commercial that uses a few lines from Spandau Ballet.

allezfred
08-05-2012, 11:53 PM
So Katie Taylor will face Natasha Jonas (GB) in women's boxing tomorrow. Hometown fighters tend to do very well. :drama: