PDA

View Full Version : NBC Thread - Day 8 - Fluffier Than Downy

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Skittl1321
08-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Hitting a ball back into play that was clearly going out, serving into the net... Are Kerri and Misty trying to get in on the badminton scandal?

Fridge_Break
08-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Hitting a ball back into play that was clearly going out, serving into the net... Are Kerri and Misty trying to get in on the badminton scandal?

I would hope not -- this is an elimination match! :lol:

london_calling
08-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Watching volleyball brings back bad gym class memories for me.

rfisher
08-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Gibbs/Rosenthall's match earlier today was more exciting, although, I kind of like teams I want to win to do so without me having to pace around the room during the match. Apparently, Bill Gates is a big Misty/Kerri fan and dropped by to chat with them after the match. He also saw them in Athens and Beijing

STOP TALKING ABOUT STREAKS :yikes: you've already blown one of them.

my little pony
08-05-2012, 02:21 AM
in gym i once broke one of the ceiling lights serving (badly)

that's all i think of when i see volleyball on tv

london_calling
08-05-2012, 02:23 AM
in gym i once broke one of the ceiling lights serving (badly)

that's all i think of when i see volleyball on tv

I was terrible at serving in volleyball. I think I may have done it once successfully. When we had to play in gym my team always hated me because I couldn't serve.

Prancer
08-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Watching volleyball brings back bad gym class memories for me.

That's how I feel about track and field.

I actually liked volleyball.

Fridge_Break
08-05-2012, 02:32 AM
(Secretly hoping for a hurdle wipeout to inject some entertainment into tonight's broadcast)

BelleBway
08-05-2012, 02:34 AM
I got a D in volleyball in Jr High. Worst. Grade. EVER. for me. I :rofl: about it now, but seriously... who gives a kid a D in gym when they actually show up to class and try their best? :P (ok, so I'm sure I was worse looking than those badminton teams... but still...)

Skittl1321
08-05-2012, 02:36 AM
I didn't mind serving in volleyball because it didn't involve a ball flying at me, and we did it "underhand". I sucked at volleyball. It terrified me. In middle school I was like 4 feet (I'm only 5 feet tall now) tall and totally unathletic.

london_calling
08-05-2012, 02:41 AM
I got a D in volleyball in Jr High. Worst. Grade. EVER. for me. I :rofl: about it now, but seriously... who gives a kid a D in gym when they actually show up to class and try their best? :P (ok, so I'm sure I was worse looking than those badminton teams... but still...)

:lol: Thankfully we were passed for just getting into uniform and putting in a minimal amount of effort.

I remember a lot of kids were insanely competitive in gym class and always acted as if we were in a gold-medal match.

soxxy
08-05-2012, 02:42 AM
The track and field commentators never shut up. They're right up there with Sandra and Scott.

my little pony
08-05-2012, 02:44 AM
i LOVED dodge ball but at my school we called it bombardment, lol
if it ever makes the olympics, i will quit my job and train full time

Fridge_Break
08-05-2012, 02:47 AM
I took a 6-week summer gym course to get my high school credit. There were 10 of us. We went bowling about twice a week, and the only time we had to run was around the track once. And we did Tae-Bo in an empty class room. Easiest gym credit EVAH. :D

london_calling
08-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Why would you choose a coach who has had numerous athletes test positive for doping? Sounds like a Trevor Graham situation...

But yeah, innocent until proven guilty.