PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day Eight- General Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Maofan7
08-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Its been a really great day for Team GB, but some things never change. Team GB go out on penalties in the football.......

Loves_Shizuka
08-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Even at our home Olympics we can't win on penalties.

SHARPIE
08-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Its been a really great day for Team GB, but some things never change. Team GB go out on penalties in the football.......

Typical :blah:

Was that Korean Keeper called Bumyoung? :rofl:

Lara
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Same goalkeeper from Euro 2012? :slinkaway

misskarne
08-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Good to know - but how has the lack of swimming hardware been reported in the Aussie press - they must be gutted with the performance here.

Very nastily. The silvers and bronzes may as well not exist. And if I were James Magnussen, I wouldn't be looking forward to coming home...he's already being ripped apart.

Lorac
08-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Waiting for Jessica's medal ceremony!!!!!!!

SHARPIE
08-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Was that Korean Keeper called Bumyoung? :rofl:

Gutted - I had to go to Wikipedia - It's Beom Young damnit!

Loves_Shizuka
08-04-2012, 10:36 PM
^We've all been robbed!

poths
08-04-2012, 10:40 PM

l:Pissed me off that they cut off from all the euphoria to go to smelly soccer that clearly doesn't belong in the Olympics.

Wouldn't mind being a Brit tonight, INCREDIBLE performances. PML that Rutherford won LJ with 8'31 :rofl: And the poor git wasn't even shown doing a lap of honour. What a night to choose to win a GB gold, sandwiched between Jess and Mo! :lol:

Awesome night of athletics, Jeter LOST!!! WHEEEEEEE

Shelly was :rockstar:
As was VCB....

Love Madison and can't believe 10.85 didn't medal. Fck me.

Druggie Russian didn;t win the discus :cheer:

Sad point of the night was Lilli Schwarzkopf having an EPIC meet but getting disqualified in the 800m for breaking early, missing the lap of honour in despair, only to be reinstated because they confused her with a different athlete...who in turn wasn't actually disqualified. Lilli was reinstated 5 minutes before the medal ceremony. Some of the officials are like something from a Carry on film TBH! :shuffle:

Now, can we have a medal for Ireland please. Just one???! :D

poths
08-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Irish sailor in laser radial now in third, but only a point between top 4. Knowing Irish luck she'll probably come FORTH in the medal race on Monday. :drama: :lol:

Medal race is also worth double points Freddy....so if she's down in 7th, she gets 14 points etc. Eeek. I am going to be American and BELIEVE!!!!!!!!! She won 4 of these bastards, lets do one more baby! 1 more!

Prancer
08-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Very nastily. The silvers and bronzes may as well not exist. And if I were James Magnussen, I wouldn't be looking forward to coming home...he's already being ripped apart.

What do people think, that the athletes WANT to lose?

:rolleyes:

liv
08-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Poor Aussie swimmers...:( they feel badly enough themselves but to go home to that...

SHARPIE
08-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Pissed me off that they cut off from all the euphoria to go to smelly soccer that clearly doesn't belong in the Olympics.

Wouldn't mind being a Brit tonight, INCREDIBLE performances. PML that Rutherford won LJ with 8'31 :rofl:
Now, can we have a medal for Ireland please. Just one???! :D

Agree re the soccer!!!

You can be a Brit anytime :P Come and be Welsh actually!!

Is 8.31 in LJ a bit crap then?

Eys a medal for Ireland!!!! :mitchell:

milanessa
08-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Medal for Guatemala in speed walking! Their first ever Oly medal (I think.)

SHARPIE
08-04-2012, 11:59 PM
LOL yeah 8.31 in LJ is a bit rubbish, shortest distance in 40 years? - As per the super youthful looking Welshman Lyn Davies on the BBC Highlights Show (LJ Winner in 1964)