PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Apparatus Finals

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

millyskate
08-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Amazing for the British guys, and Louis Smith's attitude was great afterwards too. I have to eat my words about the British selectors -for the male team that is. Their Max Whitlock gamble more than paid off. :cheer:
Berki has dominated the apparatus for the past few years so it makes sense for him to win. Smith was unbelievably good in the team final and that mattered the most!

bek
08-05-2012, 07:22 PM
McKayla is going to stick around and do the TTY. In the interview after the team gold she was asked about re-naming the Amanar, and she said that she should probably invent her own vault instead.

This whole renaming the Amanar is so disrespectful to Simona (good for Maroney)... Simona worked really hard to get that vault done at the Olympic games so she could have it named for her.. I wonder too if going for that vault sacrificed a real shot at an Olympic medal (on vault for her).. It was also on a different harder vaulting table, and everyone has since has had years to perfect the technique. Some respect towards the Olympic Champion (and a gymnast who is far more decorated than Maroney will ever be) would be good. Yes Maroney's a better vaulter but.. That vault is Amanar's legacy...

vesperholly
08-05-2012, 07:36 PM
McKayla is going to stick around and do the TTY.

I really hope so. If anyone can do TTY without making us all :yikes:, she can.

As for renaming the Amanar :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BigB08822
08-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't think anyone SERIOUSLY wants the Amanar renamed. Calm down, people. It's just something people say as a way to show how amazingly Maroney does it. That is all.

kappa_1
08-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I hope I live to see the day someone does a Quad Yurchenko. I'll tell my children that in my day, we were freaking out over Amanars, and they will laugh in my face and call me a geezer.

By then, the vault finals will be beamed directly to our optic nerves

I don't think anyone SERIOUSLY wants the Amanar renamed. Calm down, people. It's just something people say as a way to show how amazingly Maroney does it. That is all.

Thank. You. And this is from someone who has immense respect and love for Simona.

bek
08-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Why say that though?

kappa_1
08-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Why say that though?

Banter.

But somewhere Denise Biellman is laughing her butt off

BigB08822
08-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Does it matter why? I have heard similar sayings about all sorts of things. The point is that it isn't serious and to act like it is is just silly. Talk about getting your panties in a knot for nothing. There, that is another saying. I don't even know if these people are wearing panties. Why did I say that? :rolleyes:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Wow, I'm shocked about McKayla. It really sucks that the best vaulter in the world doesn't get the gold, but she did fall.

Izbasa has a gold on vault now, so I definitely want Afan to win floor.

As for the men, so glad Berki won.

Glad I didn't get up to watch today's finals.

bek
08-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Does it matter why? I have heard similar sayings about all sorts of things. The point is that it isn't serious and to act like it is is just silly. Talk about getting your panties in a knot for nothing. There, that is another saying. I don't even know if these people are wearing panties. Why did I say that? :rolleyes:

Is it seriously enough for reporters to seriously ask Maroney that question... And the Karoyli's in company are very much capable of that attitude. I do feel though for Maroney she is the best vaulter in the world. Cool for Sandra to deliver when gold was handed to her.

bardtoob
08-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Why say that though?

Goodness ... Back to the ignore list for questioning somebody's right to speak, especially since we all know you don't listen anyway.

The point of message boards is to say something.

bek
08-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Goodness ... Back to the ignore list for [...]

The point of message boards is to say something.

I wasn't talking about the message board. I was talking about representives of the USAG. John Geddert, Bela Karoyli making those comments. :rolleyes: Its one thing for fans to say that. Its another thing for people higher up too. If Komova's Patterson improves to the point where it becomes better than Carly's. I doubt USAG would appreciate Alexandrov saying the Patterson should be renamed the Komova. Heck all of the Russian girls do the Memmel better.

Its one thing for message board people, but representatives of USAG should know better.

chipso1
08-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I wasn't talking about the message board. I was talking about representives of the USAG. John Geddert, Bela Karoyli making those comments. :rolleyes:

Can you please link to the article that states USA Gymnastics wants the FIG to rename the Amanar after McKayla Maroney? I haven't yet seen it and can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

skipaway
08-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I hope I live to see the day someone does a Quad Yurchenko. I'll tell my children that in my day, we were freaking out over Amanars, and they will laugh in my face and call me a geezer.

By then, the vault finals will be beamed directly to our optic .

and there will still be commercials every 2nd vault.

VIETgrlTerifa
08-05-2012, 08:07 PM
USA = EVIL!

There, we can move on.