PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Apparatus Finals

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

zizi31
08-04-2012, 04:41 AM
I've really been enjoying following along with the discussions here so far! I'm a once every 4 years fan, but I think I'd really like to get more familiar with gymnastics. Can anyone who's familiar with gymnastics please recommend a gymnastics discussion forum? I searched for one on google, but I only found forums with hardly any posts at all. I'm looking for a lively forum with lots of discussion. Please PM if you don't want to post it in the thread. Thanks!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-04-2012, 04:44 AM
http://www.wwgym.com/forum/forum.php

That's pretty decent. It's not as active as say, FSU, but it's the most fair and balanced one I've seen.

galaxygirl
08-04-2012, 04:47 AM
http://intlgymnast.com/forum/ is very active but seems to be populated mostly by teenage girls so things can get a little :drama: and :yikes: at times.

Scintillation
08-04-2012, 04:47 AM
I like our gymnastics discussion forum in the Other Sports section. Everyone is over the age of 12 so the discussions stay...well...sane. Plus we have great taste.

It's nice to have a place to go to considering most of my friends have no interest in gymnastics beyond the Olympics.

galaxygirl
08-04-2012, 04:49 AM
I like our gymnastics discussion forum in the Other Sports section. Everyone is over the age of 12 so the discussions stay...well...sane. Plus we have great taste.

It's nice to have a place to go to considering most of my friends have no interest in gymnastics beyond the Olympics.

:cheer2: FSU!

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Wrong thread

BigB08822
08-04-2012, 05:10 AM
http://www.wwgym.com/forum/forum.php

That's pretty decent. It's not as active as say, FSU, but it's the most fair and balanced one I've seen.

I post there as well. I like it but someone's posts were getting very annoying after the AA final and I thought "geez, this person and Bek should be best friends" and I looked at the name and saw bek as part of their username. :lol: So apparently I am not the only one from here who posts there.

bek
08-04-2012, 05:12 AM
I post there as well. I like it but someone's posts were getting very annoying after the AA final and I thought "geez, this person and Bek should be best friends" and I looked at the name and saw bek as part of their username. :lol: So apparently I am not the only one from here who posts there.

Look. I have toned down, and getting back to my ilfe for the most part? So please....:rolleyes:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-04-2012, 05:13 AM

I have an account, but have never posted.

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about though. I have that poster on ignore.

BigB08822
08-04-2012, 05:17 AM
Look. I have toned down, and getting back to my ilfe for the most part? So please....:rolleyes:

I really did think it was funny. You went overboard that night but I can look back and laugh. :P I wasn't trying to be rude.

bek
08-04-2012, 05:24 AM
I really did think it was funny. You went overboard that night but I can look back and laugh. :P I wasn't trying to be rude.

It was pretty bad.. :lol:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
08-04-2012, 05:26 AM
I still look at those scores a little bit with the side eye... But I really don't have a problem with Gabby winning. And I actually DO like her gymnastics a lot.

This being said my comments about how NBC is treating the Russians. Well apparently Aliya is getting killed on the internet. And not only that other high profile Russian female athletes are being castigisted called Diva. The Olympics is yes about competition but its also suppose to be about good will too...Getting to learn more about other cultures and appreciating them...

I agree NBC really did do the Russian girls a disservice.

I've seen so many comments about them being crybaby bitch divas.

It's unfortunate that the 4-year fans take everything NBC says as gospel.

zizi31
08-04-2012, 05:51 AM
I agree NBC really did do the Russian girls a disservice.

I've seen so many comments about them being crybaby bitch divas.

It's unfortunate that the 4-year fans take everything NBC says as gospel.

Do they, though? I'm a 4 year fan, and I certainly don't trust everything that NBC says. Also, it didn't come across to me that Mustafina was being referred to as a "diva" in a derogatory way. It seemed almost complimentary.

And really, I think the girls' behavior spoke for itself. I found Mustafina and Komova a bit immature and lacking polish/PR skills, but they were only 16/17, so understandable. I don't think NBC said anything about them being crybabys - that's something that people concluded based on their behavior. And I have to say, they overdid it on the crying IMO. I can understand some tears, but I think they should have tried to be more restrained. Can't blame them too much, but I think they affected each others' performances very negatively when they gave up and started to sob even before the team competition was over. Ignoring your coach after a bad routine isn't cool either. They could use some training in that area, but it's mostly understandable given their age and disappointment. This isn't anything that NBC has programmed me to think. It's just based on my observations. I think that they did themselves (and their performances) a disservice with all that crying.

Jimena
08-04-2012, 05:57 AM
Well, my sisters are both fans every four year and they do believe what NBC says like gospel. I've had to educate them. It's been very painful for me.

I bet that when Jordyn broke down publicly and sobbed for all to see no one called her a crybaby bitch diva... In fact, people felt really sorry for her. So what's the difference?

BigB08822
08-04-2012, 06:08 AM
I honestly think it has to do with how you interpret the word diva. I think it is a compliment. As matter of fact I have always complained because the Russian's are lauded for being "divas" while other gymnasts who display similar behavior are reported as being "bitches." Everyone I know uses the term diva in a complimentary way when talking about Russian gymnasts. It only becomes derogatory when talking about "diva like behavior" like the kind Mariah Carey is known for, for example.

As far as the cry baby thing. Jordan cried once and sucked it up as quickly as she could. She was seen in the background trying her best to pull it together. The Russians cry every time the camera is on them, it seems. I hope no one thought Komova was being a cry baby after the AA, though. She was THIS CLOSE to winning and she just did the FX routine of her life. She probably had no idea what exact score she needed but she had to know she did all she could and it was going to be close. I can't blame her for crying in that moment, not even bawling. I would have, too.