PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderful Thing About Trampoline Is...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

algonquin
08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
No easy task there. He must be exhausted.

:lol: Yeah Rosie!

milanessa
08-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Love the leos - those are all proper oly uniforms. :cool:

Way to go, Rosie!

Spareoom
08-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I read that this was Canada's first gold of the Games? How awesome that it was in trampoline! Gymnastics represent! :D

Cachoo
08-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Great job Canada: And I have to say that the trampoline looks difficult but it also looks like a blast when they are flying so high.

AragornElessar
08-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Great CTV...Just great...I finally got the tears stopped from watching Rosie run to her Family after everything and now they're showing her Difference Makers piece about her Gramps and...

Yeah.

He w/out a doubt had the best seat in the house to watch this happen.

Oh and she got started by tagging along to her siblings Trampoline lessons. How many times have we heard that story come out of a Male Figure Skater's mouth over the years? :D

kwanfan1818
08-04-2012, 07:21 PM
And yes, please please let CBC hire Kyle for Rio. I know he jinxed Aly but otherwise no complaints.
This. And he even felt bad about jinxing Raisman, unlike most of the US and Canadian figure skating commentators, who I think have a drinking game each time one of them says, "Perfect so far" and then there's a splat (because that would explain 1/2 of what comes out of their mouths.)

Erin
08-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Great CTV...Just great...I finally got the tears stopped from watching Rosie run to her Family after everything and now they're showing her Difference Makers piece about her Gramps and...

Oh, I've seen that Difference Makers piece three times and it makes me tear up every time. It's a touching story and whoever did the music for the background did an incredible job. Add that to the loss of my own grandpa in the last year and I'm a blubbery mess.

Erin
08-04-2012, 07:40 PM
And yes, please please let CBC hire Kyle for Rio. I know he jinxed Aly but otherwise no complaints.

Kyle's worked for CBC in the past, so I'm sure they will hire him - probably will be him with Lori Strong-Ballard and Scott Russell, which was the combo CBC used at Worlds this past year. I like Lori, and Scott's actually pretty good at gymnastics (he's been covering it since at least 1994), so that's all good with me.

minuet
08-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Scott will likely be one of the anchors in the studio rather than out at a sport as he was for Beijing...we're more likely getting someone like Brenda Irving (shudder)

SHARPIE
08-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Congrats on the first gold for Canada! :cheer:

AragornElessar
08-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Erin, I know what you mean about Rosie's Difference Makers piece, as it happens to me too.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

Is this is for Trampoline, because I seem to remember Synchro Doubles from other Games, but not too sure about that either. Anyone know?

Fridge_Break
08-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Mr. Fridge Break wants to know if Dong Dong's sibling is named Ding. :shuffle:

I didn't have the heart to tell him that Chinese surnames are said first. :lol:

Habs
08-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Is this is for Trampoline, because I seem to remember Synchro Doubles from other Games, but not too sure about that either. Anyone know?

They do synchro at the world championships, but not at the Olympics.

JasperBoy
08-05-2012, 12:34 AM

Maybe he will be like the guy in 16 candles. Oh wait, that was a different last name, too.

milanessa
08-05-2012, 12:43 AM

Well Dong Ding isn't too bad. :lol: