PDA

View Full Version : London Voiding!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Wyliefan
08-04-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm heading to Portsmouth next week for a conference. Will give a little wave in the general direction of all FSUers in London as I pass through! :)

It's funny how excited people are -- I mentioned the trip to a doctor in my chiropractors' office, and she about passed out. "Maybe you'll see Michael Phelps!" "Um, no, I'm going straight to Portsmouth from the airport." "But maybe you will anyway!" :) It was cute.

Celine82
08-04-2012, 04:00 PM
morqet, thanks for sharing your pictures!

so the Olympic cauldron is inside the stadium? can people see it at all from outside?

morqet
08-04-2012, 04:39 PM
morqet, thanks for sharing your pictures!

so the Olympic cauldron is inside the stadium? can people see it at all from outside?

No, you can only see it from in the stadium. I love the design, but it would be nice if everyone in the park could see it, not just those with tickets for events in the stadium.

Celine82
08-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh, what a pity! I went by the cauldron in Vancouver almost every day, it was such a special feeling... too bad it's not possible this time.

Lorac
08-04-2012, 05:54 PM
No, you can only see it from in the stadium. I love the design, but it would be nice if everyone in the park could see it, not just those with tickets for events in the stadium.

I think this was a bad/wrong decision - it would have been lovely if everyone in the Olympic Park could see the flame. It really seems to be sitting low in the stadium as well!!

ross_hy
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Just a small update as I am currently on a layover on my way home. Went to the Today show yesterday and saw all kinds of sporting royalty. Apologies for a long runon sentence but it was Gabby Aly Nastia Carly Mary Lou Shawn Lochte and Clary's. So awesome. I feel sorry for people coming the second week because the merchandise shops will be wiped out unless they get more in. Overall it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back! Olympics or London.

Lara
08-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I think this was a bad/wrong decision - it would have been lovely if everyone in the Olympic Park could see the flame. It really seems to be sitting low in the stadium as well!!

Agree with that. It's beautiful, but far too short and it's a shame not to get the nice shots with the flame in the background.

allezfred
08-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Keep repeating myself, but the atmosphere in the city is just amazing! Went to the race walking today in front of Buckingham Palace and saw Guatemala take their first Olympic medal ever! What a moment and you could just see how much one single medal can mean to a nation.

Went out to dinner with my sister and her/our friend so only caught a bit here and there of the events. The mood is just so festive. :cheer:

Leaving London tomorrow to go to Brighton for a night. Can't believe our time here is almost over, but it has been so special. I love the Olympics!

Marge_Simpson
08-05-2012, 05:33 AM
Can you post some photos, allezfred? :)

Lanie
08-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Glad you're having fun! I am so jealous!

allezfred
08-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Can you post some photos, allezfred? :)

I'll see what I can do.

Went out for some breakfast and it was a lovely summer day. Now back in the room getting ready to check out and it has gone all dark and started to rain. Hope it stops as we are way too close to the station to get a taxi. :drama:

allezfred
08-06-2012, 12:38 AM
In Brighton tonight. Biggest void of the evening was drunk guy lying on the pavement clutching a can of Dutch Gold with his arse hanging out. :yikes:

Full today tomorrow here and back home on the last flight of the evening! :wuzrobbed

os168
08-06-2012, 03:20 AM
I am so incredibly happy to be able to strike off one more thing from my bucket list. See the world fastest man flew by right infront of my very eyes and break his own stunning Olympic record. What an amazing day, sight, and amazing spectacular atmosphere in the stadium I will never forget and will treasure forever! London did a great job controlling the crowd, manage their experience, really lovely happy policeman, military arms men and great job by the volunteers. Not a grumpy bored face in sight.

It started off from what I can only describe as a 'wet wet wet' morning seeing the women's Marathon off from Parliament Square while getting completely drenched. I had been worried about how the rain (& weather forecast for showers) might affect Usain's race in the evening, only to thank the lucky stars the rain passed by the stadium completely and makes it perfect 100m. Someone in the heaven loves the Jamaicans!! :)

The stadium atmosphere was absolutely the highest I have ever experienced in my life. I have been to some amazing live events and sport competitions around the world, but truly, there's nothing quite like the Olympics at your own home city. Usain Bolt! ~ Usain Bolt! ~ chimed to the rhythm of USA USA. Yohon getting personal best was pretty awesome too. I don't care about political correctness, but I am glad Gatlin ex doper didn't spoil the magic evening for the Jamaicans. Surprised US of all nations continue to let ex-dopers representing them.

So many great successes for Team GB today I still need to catch up. The news Murray over powered Roger F in 3 sets (!!?) set the crowd buzzing outside McDondalds camp where we were chilling out. Gutted he missed out the double whammy from one measly points for the double. I can't wait to see the replay.

Diane Mars
08-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks a lot for the voids ! And I had to read this topic to learn that Guatemala earned his first oly medal ever :yikes:

os168
08-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Usainity from my seat :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TweaNn1JOnQ