PDA

View Full Version : London Voiding!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

mella
08-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Another day in London and the sun is shining!

Still mega-voided out by last night. I'll have to recompose myself and write a recap. :lol:

Where are you? Had to pop into London briefly this morning - coffee?

Lanie
08-03-2012, 11:07 AM
:rofl: You MUST do a recap of that show!

Nan
08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
:rofl: You MUST do a recap of that show!

Yes, please. :)

Wiery
08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Yes, please, recap!!! :swoon:

poths
08-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeee for Les Freds in London. Have an amazing time boys.

allezfred
08-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Today started with a text from Mella :cheer:. On our way to meet her we got into the lift on our floor when a couple appeared so we held the door open. They were rather large particularly the man. The minute they got in an announcement was made that the max weight in the lift had been exceeded. It was awkward. :o

Anyway met Mella and had a lovely chat. Saw my sister afterwards and then went to see Tower Bridge and the rings. Now in Stratford at the Olympic Park. Roll on tonight!

miffy
08-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Today started with a text from Mella :cheer:. On our way to meet her we got into the lift on our floor when a couple appeared so we held the door open. They were rather large particularly the man. The minute they got in an announcement was made that the max weight in the lift had been exceeded. It was awkward. :o

:lol: That's fantastic. Did you laugh?

Alixana
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Totally OT but when you work in healthcare, "London voiding" has a whole different meaning! :D :slinkaway

milanessa
08-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Totally OT but when you work in healthcare, "London voiding" has a whole different meaning! :D :slinkaway

:rofl:

allezfred
08-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I can confirm that the Canadian uniform is as hideous live as it was on tv. :scream:

allezfred
08-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Had a wonderful afternoon/evening in the Olympic Park. Not usually a fan of being among large crowds of people, but there was such a festival atmosphere. Security checks were a breeze and really there was no wait to get inside.

There is actually a massive shopping centre right next to the park and we had an hour or two there. Had lunch in a Japanese place and the store manager recognised Mr. allezfred from his blog. They had actually e-mailed each other, but Mr. allezfred had no idea where the person worked and the person had no idea Mr. allezfred would be in London. It was ever so random when the person approached us to talk. :lol:

Loads of athletes, coaches, families and hangers-on around the centre and there was a real buzz about the place. At one point we passed the volunteer on her high chair that has been doing the rounds on Youtube. She was blasting out the Jackson Five on her boombox.

We had really nice seats just above the 100m start line. There was what appeared to be a big group of corporate hotshots whose sole purpose in attending the event tonight seemed to be to drink beer and watch Jessica Ennis. Literally, the second she finished her events they were off and never to be seen again. :rofl:

I was sitting next to lovely woman from Zimbabwe who works in Dubai. Apparently she thought I knew something about athletics. Unlike other athletics championships everything is quite spaced out so there is plenty of time to enjoy the different events. Highlight of the night was David Storl, silver medallist in the shot put, nearly mowing down two of the backmarkers in the 10000m final on his way to celebrate his medal.

The journey home was a bit epic. We avoided the route we came as it looked as if an ocean of people were heading that direction. We hiked to a different station and got home about an hour and a half after we left the stadium. I suppose given the circumstances it wasn't too bad.

The Olympic experience is fantastic. Had it once in Torino and while that was very special I have to say I'm enjoying this more. Cheesy and all as it sounds it really is where the whole world comes together to party! :cheer: :40beers:

SHARPIE
08-04-2012, 01:12 AM
. Had lunch in a Japanese place and the store manager recognised Mr. allezfred from his blog. They had actually e-mailed each other, but Mr. allezfred had no idea where the person worked and the person had no idea Mr. allezfred would be in London. It was ever so random when the person approached us to talk. :lol:

So MEGA RANDOM!!! Awesome !!!!

Your whole day sounds :inavoid: and :cheer: but I love shit like that! So Wheeee!

allezfred
08-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Popped into the Olympic shop in Hyde Park this afternoon and off to the race walking in a few hours. Let's hope the weather holds!

morqet
08-04-2012, 02:54 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ach-nein/sets/72157630897638660/

I've uploaded my photos from London so far; it's been a wonderful week! The highlight was definitely the athletics yesterday with 80,000 people crammed into the stadium just for the morning session, but I've also been lucky enough to see tennis, swimming and gymnastics.
It's very strange but being in the Olympic Park doesn't actually feel like being in London. All the other venues I've been to have, but the park and the stadium itself is just another world. Hope everyone who has tickets for the rest of the games enjoys themselves as much as I have!

os168
08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Popped into the Olympic shop in Hyde Park this afternoon and off to the race walking in a few hours. Let's hope the weather holds!

You have to try to make a trip to PINK BERRY upstairs at Westfield shopping mall, best Frozen yoghurt in UK, try Natural mixed with something else. (Original brand from the states west coast that is much better and authentic than Moo)

Btw how do people recognize you, are you famous or something? Is Japan center you went to? (The one opposite waitrose) I think I know that store manager lol!!!

I am off tomorrow for Men's 100 m finals, Marathon in the morning around Pall mall area then track and field in the evening. Can't wait!!