PDA

View Full Version : Men's Gymnastics - Individual All-Around

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

Loves_Shizuka
08-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Glad I'm not the only one! :grope:

Definitely not.

Nguyen :swoon:

skfan
08-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Definitely not.

Nguyen :swoon:

ok, so you all can share your loot with lazy folks, yes? :lol: j/k, as an interloper who only watches gymnastics every 4 years, i have no right to go off-topic...

oh, and i had to look up 'belter'. i take it 'belter' meant a good looking person? i'm assuming no one here has heard him singing verdi...

museksk8r
08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Great competition. Really happy for the medalists and Nguyen was awesome. I never would have expected it. Belyavskiy did well too for a top five placing and I think he has so much more potential.

I'm really wanting a Ukranian and Russian to medal in the event finals. They deserve it. Though it'll be difficult with Ablyazin having the best chance.

If only all of Nguyen, Belyavskiy, and Kuksenkov could leave London with a gold medal, I would be very delighted! :swoon: Unfortunately, Mykola did not qualify for any event finals. :(

Dream event results for men: PB gold, Floor silver - Nguyen, PH gold - Belyavskiy, PH silver - Smith (though I'd be really happy for him to win gold too!), Floor gold - Dalton, Vault gold - Thomas, Vault silver - Mikulak, HB gold - Leyva, HB silver - Hambuchen, HB bronze - Horton, Rings gold - Ramos, Rings silver - Molinari, Rings bronze - Ablyazin

Loves_Shizuka
08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
oh, and i had to look up 'belter'. i take it 'belter' meant a good looking person? i'm assuming no one here has heard him singing verdi...

Ha sorry yes. I use "belter" to mean good-looking. Like... a knockout. Maybe that's an English thing.

Fergus
08-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Ha sorry yes. I use "belter" to mean good-looking. Like... a knockout. Maybe that's an English thing.

It is.

When I first read "belter", I thought: "Loves_Shizuka has a thing for Ethel Merman?"

Loves_Shizuka
08-03-2012, 05:25 PM
It is.

When I first read "belter", I thought: "Loves_Shizuka has a thing for Ethel Merman?"

*Off to google "Ethel Merman"*

Fergus
08-03-2012, 05:28 PM

O.M.G. :wideeyes: *clutches pearls*

I realize you're young enough to be my son, but the original Broadway cast album of "Gypsy" is SACRED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1p1Vea0iY)!

Ethel is firmly in the gay camp pantheon.

:drama: Aunt Pittypat, my smelling salts..........

( ;) )

AYS
08-03-2012, 05:30 PM
:eek: Sheesh I feel old.

I realize you're young enough to be my son, but the original Broadway cast album of "Gypsy" is SACRED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1p1Vea0iY)!
My favorite album as a kid. I scratched it up all to hell on my little gramophone. :P

skfan
08-03-2012, 05:30 PM

so this thread is education for all, then! thank you for clarifying about 'belter.' :lol:

Loves_Shizuka
08-03-2012, 05:33 PM
^:lol: Always welcome!

( ;) )

I've never even heard of "Gypsy" :slinkaway *blush*

Fergus
08-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I've never even heard of "Gypsy" :slinkaway *blush*

I.

Just.

Can't.

Even.

:fragile:

My dear boy, I so want to be your Auntie Mame. ;)

(And don't you dare say you've never heard of THAT one either! :lol: )

Loves_Shizuka
08-03-2012, 05:39 PM
:confused:

Fergus
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
:confused:

Oy. Just come visit me at the Rainbow Pride Nursing Home on Father's Day.

Oh, and bring Nguyen with you. :D

Theatregirl1122
08-03-2012, 05:44 PM

( ;) )

Poor Fergus. What is gay society coming to when the kids don't even know Ethel Merman!

museksk8r
08-03-2012, 05:45 PM

ZOMG!! I feel ancient at 34 thanks to you now. :(:fragile: