PDA

View Full Version : Men's Gymnastics - Individual All-Around

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

london_calling
08-02-2012, 01:00 AM
For what it's worth, I haven't had any problems with the live streaming or replays.

suep1963
08-02-2012, 01:02 AM
I didn't until today and yesterday. The one time it froze so long, the computer went to sleep.

skipaway
08-02-2012, 01:05 AM
When the feed freezes, I always refresh and it comes back fine. I've only once had to back all the way out and re-boot.

Karpenko
08-02-2012, 01:34 AM
How hard is it though to hit the reload button when 8 years ago we could never dream of having anything like this + the nightly broadcast? It's frustrated me a couple of times too, but it could be just a wedgie data page until you have to wait 8 hrs until the telecast... I would have loved even a crappy feed that cut out a lot or jumped to random ads in Sydney, but was relegated to the OOB chatroom where you refresh the page every 5 seconds to see what people watching live would comment on. There will never be a perfect coverage, but I think this is as close as we have gotten by far.

suep1963
08-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Well, I put the laptop on a TV tray so both Mom and I can see it. It's not close to me. I have the full screen up, so when it freezes, I need to get up, move to the darn thing, hit escape, and most of the time, by that time, it unfreezes (I know--it's LAUGHING at me!) :drama:

So most of the time when it freezes, it's just as easy to just sit there and it comes back on in short order. When it didn't, I was actually in the kitchen (I can see the laptop from there) and by the time I came back around, the computer gave up on me. ;)

It's been no big deal--I'll put up with some freezing to see an event live. I do, however, find it really interesting that the commercials have never, ever froze up. So whatever is making the feed freeze, I don't think it's bandwidth, but then, I'm in notechnick when it comes to computer stuff.

ioana
08-02-2012, 01:57 AM
I would have loved even a crappy feed that cut out a lot or jumped to random ads in Sydney, but was relegated to the OOB chatroom where you refresh the page every 5 seconds to see what people watching live would comment on.

OOB Ness! I'd forgotten those gym message board days :D. I even remember watching some skating link where you'd see a Eurosport screenshot every 5s for Worlds and Euros and everyone would try to guess what a skater fell on based on program timing...I do agree the complaints about customer service from NBC are completely justified, though. No matter for how along we've come technology-wise.

ks1227
08-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Scumbag NBC (http://9gag.com/gag/4916703)
:lol:

:lol:

I have to say, my feed has gotten better. Today it barely froze during the men's gymnastics all-around (though I gather some viewers weren't so lucky). But it's *hilarious* that the ads *never* freeze, even though the event feed does!

ilovepaydays
08-02-2012, 02:26 AM
As bad as the NBC Live Feed is, I am surprised that it is even free. I wouldn't have put it past NBC to offer a crap feed and charge for it.

HisWeirness
08-02-2012, 02:40 AM
As bad as the NBC Live Feed is, I am surprised that it is even free. I wouldn't have put it past NBC to offer a crap feed and charge for it.

It's not free ;), you need to have cable/satellite.

So happy for Danell; I was gutted after PH but was so glad to see him fight back.

suep1963
08-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Not only cable/satellite, but have the package that carries MSNBC and CNMSNBC (or whatever they are)

Skittl1321
08-02-2012, 02:44 AM

I wish there was an option to pay for it.

Karpenko
08-02-2012, 02:56 AM
OOB Ness! I'd forgotten those gym message board days :D. I even remember watching some skating link where you'd see a Eurosport screenshot every 5s for Worlds and Euros and everyone would try to guess what a skater fell on based on program timing...I do agree the complaints about customer service from NBC are completely justified, though. No matter for how along we've come technology-wise.

:rofl: I remember that too, we used it during QR of 2001 Worlds I think. That was when Kwan's skateblade had come un-hinged and everytime a new picture came up I was :yikes: That was so old school :D And really doesn't seem like that long ago, I'm getting to that point as a gymfan where I feel a bit looney for having my favorite athletes be half of my age.. :shuffle:

I'm not saying the complaints aren't justified and that people can't be upset about it, but take a step back and realize how far it's come and just the fact that we can even complain about live coverage of all events. I probably sound like that girl with the goggles by the pool scolding the kids with their TV in that commercial. ;)

ioana
08-02-2012, 03:29 AM
I probably sound like that girl with the goggles by the pool scolding the kids with their TV in that commercial. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHyGUvW8LtA :P

Karpenko
08-02-2012, 04:57 AM
:saint: I would never yell at someone while wearing those glasses, and while also being a girl, and if I did it would be because you brought a moving TV near a deep pool. :huh: take a bath and watch TV in there instead :P

kwanfan1818
08-02-2012, 07:52 AM
It's the most boring event in the history of ever, so I'd be fine with that. Maybe we can make the guys do the balance beam :D
Especially since the men do pommel horse moves on the floor anyway.

Yeah, Leyva always looks like "sexy and I know it".
It worked for William Levy.

I suspect that the chances that NBC might be grooming Miller for a prime time commentator spot are about as great as CTV/TSN and CBC hiring PJ Kwong to do figure skating commentary (after CBC sells BOLD).

:inavoid: Uchimura.

I'm so sad for Kuksenkov :wuzrobbed: He was one of my favorites. What a disappointment for Tanaka.

Shewfelt's co-host on CTV gave the silver medal to Leyva before Nguyen had even finished his final rotation and gotten his scores. :rolleyes:

CTV was focused on Hambuchen and blah, blah, Boy, blah, and only after a few rotations did they notice that Nguyen was top five, and then they started to follow his progress and show his routines.