PDA

View Full Version : Men's Gymnastics - Individual All-Around

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30

ks1227
08-01-2012, 06:57 PM
:( :fragile: for John Orozco. This has been a horrible Olympics for him.
ITA, but given how horribly things went on the PH, I'm just glad he was able to climb back into 8th position.

Happy for all three medalists! :cheer2:

Loves_Shizuka
08-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Still just so happy/shcoked about Ngyuen :D

Meh, I just don't care for Leyva. I don't know what it is (probably his dad has something to do with it, and possibly that disgusting towel), and I wish it was different, but I for some reason am not excited that he's landed on the podium. Congratulations to him and the rest of the medalists, however!

Is it the almost constant look of self-satisfaction? That's what turns me off - hell of a gymnast though!!

Scintillation
08-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Apart from the quick fall, Kohei's floor routine was just amazing to watch. Just...so...beautiful...

And I imagine Ukraine is going to have a serious hatred of the number 4 after this.

Karpenko
08-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Shannon Miller is superhuman - The woman is tweeting updates in between breaks in commentary, she just never stops working!!

Very very happy with tonights results. :) It was a very good AA comp with lots of excitement until the end.

:( for Orozco but he's good enough and young enough to be one of the favorites for the AA in Rio, I think he will be back.

Uchimura :rockstar: Best gymnast ever, he does this year after year and this comp was one of his weaker ones yet still by far the best guy out there today. :respec: I'm so pleased for him. He completely deserves this and then some.

caseyedwards
08-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Poor Ukraine! Too bad - nice if they had won bronze instead of leyva and all his self conscious affects.

Allskate
08-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm kind of meh on this. Yes, Uchimura is great, but he has been pretty spotty this week and I would have liked him to win by doing well on everything. Nguyen just doesn't do much for me.

I'm sad that there were so many significant problems for so many gymnasts. Bummed for the Brits, for Hambuchen, for Orozco, etc.

I really, really hope that the women put on a better competition and the gold medalist wins by hitting everything.

Mayra
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Wheeee! Love these results!

Can't stop smiling for Uchimura! :D:D:D:D

Scintillation
08-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I think Tokyo 2011 was Kohei's best competition ever. He wasn't as spot on here but whatever he is still far and away the best gymnast on the floor.

Theatregirl1122
08-01-2012, 07:04 PM
With their PH scores in qualifying, Leyva would have had silver and Orozco bronze but you can't second guess things like that, I suppose. They might not have performed as well on their las 4 apparatuses with the pressure on.

Might have beens aside, this bronze must feel like Gold to Leyva after the big error on PH. I wonder if he knew how much of a shot he had going in to HB.

london_calling
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Wow, these medal presenters look like a happy bunch don't they.

joeperryfan
08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Uchimura is awesome, I don't follow gymnastics regularly so I was seeing mostly everyone for the first time, I just wish he'd shave his armpits... just a thought.

Thrilled for Nguyen, he can be quite spectacular himself. Sad for Belyavskyi (sp?), but he did it to himself I guess he has to take a page from Leyva's book on how to take a risk.
I'm glad to see the Ukrainian team, and the russian for that matter, back on track.

Scintillation
08-01-2012, 07:09 PM
God Marcel is insanely good looking. He's not hot in the "I want to tap that" kind of way for me, but more of the "I could admire your bone structure all day" way.

Loves_Shizuka
08-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Interesting that with the success of Hambuechen and, recently, Boy, it's Nguyen who has the Olympic AA medal. Didn't see that coming.

:D

Boy :(

Cyn
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I cannot hear the theme to Chariots of Fire anymore without thinking of Rowan Atkinson/Mr. Bean :rofl:.

vesperholly
08-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Is it the almost constant look of self-satisfaction? That's what turns me off - hell of a gymnast though!!

Yeah, Leyva always looks like "sexy and I know it".