PDA

View Full Version : NBC Viewing - Day 4 - Tues, 7/31 - A Very Big Night and Spoiler Free Please

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

A.H.Black
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm more than an hour away but I know many are just 20 minutes away.

Last night there was a bit of an issue about spoilers so I thought I would put it in the title.

numbers123
08-01-2012, 12:47 AM
If you watched any of the nightly news, you are no longer unspoiled. :rolleyes:

BelleBway
08-01-2012, 12:53 AM
After a long day at work, nothing sounds better than unwinding by watching excellent coverage of the Olympics... unfortunately, since I live in the US, I will be thrilled if we get decent coverage. :shuffle:

A.H.Black
08-01-2012, 12:57 AM
I sort of kept track last night of the posts that were about the Olympics and the posts that were about NBC. Guess what percentage were about NBC.

BelleBway
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
I sort of kept track last night of the posts that were about the Olympics and the posts that were about NBC. Guess what percentage were about NBC.

Maybe because this is an NBC thread? If I really wanted to discuss any event, I'd go into the general thread for that event. (and I do read the event threads when I can)

ETA also it may reflect what percentage of the broadcast were actual Olympic competitions... ;)

Matryeshka
08-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Doesn't NBC Nightly News very clearly tell you to look away--several times--before giving spoilers?

However, just in case, I watched House Hunters instead of the news.

Most of the time, if there are spoilers, it sucks, but you know, it happens. I was given a minor spoiler by a random Twitter (I couldn't avoid it--part of my job is to be on Twitter, so I can't just turn off social media entirely). One of the "lesser" sports. :P

However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down. Tim Daggett will scream in your ear while Andrea asks you annoying questions. I will throw angry Yunabombers at you, and then I will let my eville death penguins beat you with a herring while Morozov and Bela Karolyi take turns "trying to get to know you better."

You have been warned.

Theatregirl1122
08-01-2012, 01:04 AM

Part of that may happen from those of us who are spoiled not having as much to say about the sports. :lol:

For those who are spoiled, the Women's gym and swimming threads are not spoiler free so if you get the urge to mention how you feel about what is going to happen, posting in there works. That's what I've been doing.

skipaway
08-01-2012, 01:04 AM
However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down. Tim Daggett will scream in your ear while Andrea asks you annoying questions. I will throw angry Yunabombers at you, and then I will let my eville death penguins beat you with a herring while Morozov and Bela Karolyi take turns "trying to get to know you better."

You have been warned.

Is that all you got?

Matryeshka
08-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Is that all you got?

And Uchimura's hairy, hairy, hairy armpits will be right in front of you. Right after he's done a full workout. Oh yes, they will.

Theatregirl1122
08-01-2012, 01:08 AM
Okay, so what's the difference between this women's synchro diving and the women's synchro diving that happened a few days ago? Different platform height?

Nice of the NBC to show diving even when there is no American.

Matryeshka
08-01-2012, 01:09 AM
I NEED PANDA HATS AND GIANT OLYMPIC GLASSES.

I have a QUEST. So far, diving wins it for the most interesting audience.

numbers123
Doesn't NBC Nightly News very clearly tell you to look away--several times--before giving spoilers?

Nope = they said AGAIN, we know that we try to keep you spoilers free (or however they said it) but today's big stories are from the olympics

centerstage01
However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down.

So I shouldn't tell you that Djibouti won women's gymnastics?

my little pony
08-01-2012, 01:10 AM
tom daley looks like he doesnt even shave yet, if fergus had a car he would dangle tom from the rear view mirror

danafan
08-01-2012, 01:10 AM
This is 10 meter platform and the other day was 3 meter springboard.