Domshabfan
07-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Egyptian is leading the fencing

ETa; Now behind.

He lost, still a silver medal.:) Go Africa and Go Egypt

genegri
07-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Lei Sheng (China) won fencing gold!!!! :encore::encore:

BTW, his name means Thunder in Chinese. Gorgeous name, and gorgeous young man! :swoon:

And big congrats to Egyptian fencer! A silver! :encore: That was a magnificent fight!

Braulio
07-31-2012, 08:43 PM
ITA, I think this clothing of the americans was designed by Ryan Lochte

oleada
07-31-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Hope Solo feuding with Brandi Chastain over commentary (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/brandi-chastain-responds-hope-solo-twitter-attack_n_1724384.html)

n response to Solo's tirade, Chastain told Us Weekly:

"My only comment is I am in London to cover women's soccer for NBC in an honest and objective fashion, and that is what I have done, and will continue to do for the rest of the tournament."

On July 28, Solo, the goalkeeper of the United States women's soccer team, unleashed her fury through a series of tweets directed at Chastain, because of comments the former athlete made on TV.

"As a defender, your responsibilities are to defend . . . win the ball, and then keep possession," Chastain said on NBC. "And that's something that [defender] Rachel Buehler actually needs to improve on in this tournament."

Chastain's comments didn't sit well with Solo, 31, who turned to Twitter to gripe about Chastain.

"Lay off commentating about defending and gking until you get more educated @brandichastain the game has changed from a decade ago. #fb," she wrote, adding:

Hope Solo needs to get a grip :rolleyes: Commentating is not about having your heads up the athletes' butts, as much as NBC would like us to think.

Hanna
07-31-2012, 08:57 PM
GB gets a penalty against Brazil!

ETA: Oooh and she missed it :eek:

Lorac
07-31-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Hope Solo feuding with Brandi Chastain over commentary (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/brandi-chastain-responds-hope-solo-twitter-attack_n_1724384.html)

Hope Solo needs to get a grip :rolleyes: Commentating is not about having your heads up the athletes' butts, as much as NBC would like us to think.

Hope Solo is pathetic IMHO - football isn't a sport that changes greatly over time - and if a commentator - and great ex-player herself - notices a player isn't playing well then she is perfectly entitled to say so.

Dragonlady
07-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Phelps swimming anchor for the US - awesome! Memo to Lochte: When your team gives you the lead, the anchor's job is to keep it.

Jimena
07-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Hope Solo needs to shut up. Does she understand what a commentator is supposed to do?

allezfred
07-31-2012, 09:59 PM
GB beat Brazil in football! :eek:

snoopy
07-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Why is Phelps swimming anchor a good thing? His swimming isn't necessarily better than Lachte's at these games.

Though I do wonder if he is getting the hell teased out of him since a girl swam faster.

SHARPIE
07-31-2012, 10:17 PM
GB beat Brazil in football! :eek:

YAY!!!!!!! No failing snatches!!!!! :cheer:

Dragonlady
07-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Why is Phelps swimming anchor a good thing? His swimming isn't necessarily better than Lachte's at these games.

When you swim anchor in a relay you have to do one of two things: If your team hands you a lead, you HAVE to keep it; or if you go into the water in second place, your job is to take the lead.

Lochte went into the water in the lead and lost it. He failed. Phelps went into the water in the lead and held it. They won.

I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. I loved swimming anchor and not once when I swan achor did I fail to do my job. Watching Lochte cough up that lead was brutal.

millyskate
07-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Anyone following the badmington skandal :eek:? I hope we'll see some footage... Apparently teams were trying their very best to lose their matches to avoid each other in the next round and might be disqualified.
And they say skating is dramatic....

caseyedwards
07-31-2012, 10:38 PM
When you swim anchor in a relay you have to do one of two things: If your team hands you a lead, you HAVE to keep it; or if you go into the water in second place, your job is to take the lead.

Lochte went into the water in the lead and lost it. He failed. Phelps went into the water in the lead and held it. They won.

I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. I loved swimming anchor and not once when I swan achor did I fail to do my job. Watching Lochte cough up that lead was brutal.

different size leads -different distances- different races

Anita18
07-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Le Clos is crying. Saying Phelps is his hero and that he didn't expect it.
Awww, that's adorable. I will go and comfort him. :grope: