PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day Four- General Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Braulio
07-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Viva Mexico!! a medal in the 10m synchro plaftorm

Second silver medal and very well deserved, the girls fought for the medal that third and fifth dive were awesome!!

Today is Paola´s birthday, she turns 26 what a present for her, a second medal and this makes her another first in our sport´s history as she becomes the first female athlete in our country to win 2 olympic medals

And I think that Alejandra becomes the youngest olympic medal winner ever for Mexico

I am excstatic!!!

Hedwig
07-31-2012, 04:20 PM
Can someone open the gymnastics thread, please?

allezfred
07-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Can someone open the gymnastics thread, please?

Done (before I even saw this post :smokin: ).

Hedwig
07-31-2012, 04:24 PM
Ah, you still know how to read my mind. :)

Thanks.

oleada
07-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Novak divine in beating Roddick, only 6 unforced errors and 3 games dropped.

I think he could win this; he loves playing for Serbia.

Cyn
07-31-2012, 04:28 PM
V. Williams just hammered Wozniak from Canada in women's tennis.

I was skimming through this thread while killing time before the WAG Team Final, and when I saw the above post, my initial thought was

"The hell? When TF did Steve Wozniak become a tennis phenom? :o

manhn
07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Wow, two more bronze for Canada! Yay! Antoine is so pretty.

And it looks like Tsonga and Raonic will play forever and ever. What's the longest match in the Olympics? I predict 35-33, but not sure which player.

Dragonlady
07-31-2012, 04:59 PM
In Canada they said that the Chinese swimmer's urine sample is going to be kept for testing at a future time when the technology is better because no one believes she's really clean.

Beating Lochte's time in that split is well beyond amazing and well into the realm of physically impossible. There are all kinds of reasons why men are faster in the pool than women starting with they're bigger and have more upper body strength, and men have bigger hands and feet which is the equivalent of bigger propellers. When you factor in the doping history of the Chinese team, as someone said, "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . ".

As someone who was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, I will never believe that girl is clean, because what she did is simply is impossible. Those who are saying she might have done it clean are only doing so because her test revealed no drugs.

bmcg
07-31-2012, 05:09 PM
In Canada they said that the Chinese swimmer's urine sample is going to be kept for testing at a future time when the technology is better because no one believes she's really clean.

Beating Lochte's time in that split is well beyond amazing and well into the realm of physically impossible. There are all kinds of reasons why men are faster in the pool than women starting with they're bigger and have more upper body strength, and men have bigger hands and feet which is the equivalent of bigger propellers. When you factor in the doping history of the Chinese team, as someone said, "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . ".

As someone who was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, I will never believe that girl is clean, because what she did is simply is impossible. Those who are saying she might have done it clean are only doing so because her test revealed no drugs.

Is there a problem with that??

kylet3
07-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Can I just add a :kickass: to Canadians today! Three bronze medals and in sports of Judo and weightlifting? Not exactly what we are known for! That's awesome! :rollin:

Dragonlady
07-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Is there a problem with that??

What I'm saying is that people in swimming don't believe she didn't dope, just that technology can't catch her - yet. That's why they're preserving her sample.

l'etoile
07-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Can I just add a :kickass: to Canadians today! Three bronze medals and in sports of Judo and weightlifting? Not exactly what we are known for! That's awesome! :rollin:

Just incredible!

mazzy
07-31-2012, 05:21 PM
What I'm saying is that people in swimming don't believe she didn't dope, just that technology can't catch her - yet. That's why they're preserving her sample.

They actually preserve many (all?) samples. Prior to the Olys they announced that 2004 samples were going to be retested. So that's standard procedure.

liv
07-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah, that's not unique to just her. They did that in previous Olympics and they have caught people. I think that's just more inflammatory journalism.

Braulio
07-31-2012, 07:09 PM
I am watching this chinese swimmer but with a big question mark, it amazes me how she is doing and with the background of her fellowmates like in 1994 I really doubt her, so her accomplishments here for me are like doubtful