PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day Four- General Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

allezfred
07-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Oh to be a horse and be able to shit and run at the same time. :lol:

allezfred
07-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Germans looking rock solid! Could be on their way to first gold! Brits are going to have to be super clean to hold them off.

allezfred
07-31-2012, 11:49 AM
I guess this must be the equivalent of a zamboni break in three day eventing. They even have tractors to dredge the sand! :cheer:

bmcg
07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
Thoughts?

I think hes 100% correct. My reaction when a female Chinese swimmer does something amazing in the pool is drugs. I doubt I'd have that reaction for every nationality. Obviously countries like China are in part to blame for that because of their history with female swimmers (eg. the scandal about a decade ago). But I am quicker to judge in my mind and try not to say anything out loud because I'm aware of it.

oleada
07-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Arrest made over abuse of Tom Daley on twitter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19059127)

From Tom Daley's FB fan page :lol:

:lol: at Tom Daley's tweet.
He seems like a great kid; glad an arrest was made.

Ziggy
07-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Ian Thorpe does have a point. Given how young Ye Shiwen is, it is possible for her to make improvements so fast. Somehow, I have my reservations though. :P

oleada
07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
I agree with Ian Thorpe, too. I don't think this would be being said if it were an American swimmer. But I also understand why one would have doubts.

Right now, I'm just sticking with her being clean until proven otherwise, because that's what I'd like to believe. I also don't think she has a terrible amount of control over the situation if there are drugs involved.

allezfred
07-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Irish rider goes clear! Wheee! :cheer:

allezfred
07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
The Kiwis have leapfrogged GB and Germany and are now in the lead in the team standings!

Lanna
07-31-2012, 12:16 PM
I agree with Ian Thorpe, too. I don't think this would be being said if it were an American swimmer. But I also understand why one would have doubts.

I dunno. I've heard a bunch of stuff over the years about how Michael Phelps has got to be doping. Anyone who does something that armchair experts consider impossible is assumed to be doping. Especially because the standard is already so close to the absolute line of what humans can do without improvements, that someone who is that much ahead of the field is suspicious.

And when it's a 16 year old girl beating Lochte's split time :shuffle: It's not that she's Chinese, it's that she's sitting all by herself in the realm of excellence, and that draws negative attention and suspicion.

Also, I think the sports culture in timed sports overwhelmingly pressures athletes to dope, just because there really is an absolute limit to how fast a human can run/swim/bike, and so if you want to beat the pack, you have to do some kind of doping, either biological or technological. And they banned the technological doping suits...

Fergus
07-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Arrest made over abuse of Tom Daley on twitter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19059127)

From Tom Daley's FB fan page :lol:

:lol: at Tom Daley's tweet.
He seems like a great kid; glad an arrest was made.

Isn't he just charming? J'adore him.....and not in the pervy old man way, in the I wish I had a little brother just like him way. :cheer2:

And his composure yesterday was superb, especially since it was mainly Waterfield who blew that fourth dive. :drama: I'm so envious of those with grace in the midst of defeat.

Wishing you good things in the 10M individual, Tom! :cheer:

misskarne
07-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Andrew Hoy not having so great a time. I love Rutherglen though. A horse with so much character.

allezfred
07-31-2012, 12:20 PM
And Mary King goes clear to put the Brits back into the lead!

allezfred
07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
The Germans get another clear and now whizz past GB!

mazzy
07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Germany win gold no matter what the best rider does.