PDA

View Full Version : Whoa!!! Nice horsey!! ~ The Equestrian Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

AragornElessar
07-31-2012, 05:06 AM
I know here in Canada we're not getting much coverage of the Three Day Eventing...Well, not until today and one of our riders was thrown so hard during the Cross Country portion, she had to be taken to the hospital. She's got a bad concussion and fractured lower back/pelvis (I've heard both, so...), but she's going to be okay thankfully.

Anyway...Since there *is* Evening happening, I thought I'd start the thread.

The only link I can share is from the Front Page of The Royal Forums...

The Royal Forums ~ London 2012: A perfect round from Zara in cross-country (http://www.theroyalforums.com/39568-london-2012-a-perfect-round-from-zara-keeps-team-gb-in-the-lead/)

The Queen’s eldest granddaughter finished well inside the time frame with a final result of 9 minutes and 55.11 seconds, to the delight of the cheering crowd. Zara was also one of the few riders to go through the 5.7-kilometer course dotted with 28 obstacles without a single penalty. Her time of 9 minutes, 55.11 seconds — well off the 10-minute, 3-second time limit — was particularly good given that her horse, High Kingdom, lost two shoes during the ride.

That makes it even more impressive!!

misskarne
07-31-2012, 05:17 AM
I hope there's no bruising.

Sad for two of our Aussies eliminated today. Andrew Hoy on Rutherglen nearly gave me a heart attack on the downhill - Rutherglen was like, "Well, I'm gonna jump the next fence, but you better be off my neck and back in the saddle by that time"... Feet out of hte stirrups and everything.

I hope none of the horses/riders who fell yesterday were seriously injured. Although a fractured back/pelvis doesn't sound good.

Karen-W
07-31-2012, 08:14 AM
We're getting, for the US and NBC, pretty decent coverage. At least, if you have cable, it's good coverage. Dressage was on NBC Sports Network both Saturday & Sunday. I awoke this morning to the cross-country phase (got to see Zara compete!). I know it comes on again in a few hours, though I'll be dead asleep since I do need to pretend like work matters when I go in the next couple weeks, lol.

Zara had a great ride and was, justifiably, quite pleased. The course was absolutely beautiful, but had some difficult spots. It was really exciting to see this phase, which we don't see very often in the US and probably only saw thanks to Zara being Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter (NBC loves those shots of the British Royal Family in attendance at various events).

misskarne
07-31-2012, 10:34 AM
I know it comes on again in a few hours, though I'll be dead asleep since I do need to pretend like work matters when I go in the next couple weeks, lol.

Nah, it's the Olympics. Work doesn't matter during the Olympics. :P

Hanna
07-31-2012, 12:47 PM
This is so nerve-wreckingly exciting! Wheee! :cheer: I even upgraded my mobile internet connection so that I can watch this at work (work computer is without a bloody flash player and I don't have administrative rights to download it :wuzrobbed). :cheer:

ETA: Silver for team GB! :cheer:

liv
07-31-2012, 01:12 PM
In Canada we have full coverage of the eventing, I watched it yesterday and this morning. It's on OLN. (maybe not everyone gets OLN, though, it is cable)

Nice competition and kudos for the last British rider.

The individual eventing will be on later this morning.

minuet
07-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Aragorn-Elessar, do you get OLN? This is Outdoor Life Network and is on Canadian Cable.

They've been showing all the cross country and all the jumping and clips of the dressage. I suspect that's where the rest of it will be. I've been watching it for 2 days.

SHARPIE
07-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Well done Germany!

Wheee :cheer: Team GB!

Karen-W
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Wow! Just watched the last several riders competing in the Individual Eventing and what an amazing finish! The last rider, from Sweden, lost the gold on the LAST fence!

And congratulations to the winner, Michael Jung, who is the first person to hold the World, Euro and Olympic titles at the same time!

AragornElessar
07-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Aragorn-Elessar, do you get OLN? This is Outdoor Life Network and is on Canadian Cable.

They've been showing all the cross country and all the jumping and clips of the dressage. I suspect that's where the rest of it will be. I've been watching it for 2 days.

Ahhh!!! Never even thought to check. Then again, didn't know it was on OLN. Thanks CTV for letting us know that particular bit of info.

Thanks minuet!! We do have it, but never watch it so didn't know until right now. :)

I did hear about GB's Team Silver and so happy for Zara!! After the heartbreak of having to w/draw from the last two Games, this has to be rather sweet. :)

Lorac
07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Ahhh!!! Never even thought to check. Then again, didn't know it was on OLN. Thanks CTV for letting us know that particular bit of info.

Thanks minuet!! We do have it, but never watch it so didn't know until right now. :)

I did hear about GB's Team Silver and so happy for Zara!! After the heartbreak of having to w/draw from the last two Games, this has to be rather sweet. :)

And her mom gave her the medal - really sweet :)

AragornElessar
07-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I knew Princess Anne was going to do that in advance as at the Royalty boards, all the talk was about how lovely it would be if Zara and the Team won a medal. And it happened!! :D

Now I just have to see it somewhere. :)

attyfan
07-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Found this:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120731/LIFE/120731039/Olympics-2012-First-member-Royal-family-win-medal?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Picture no. 2 (you may have to click to it) shows Princess Anne and Zara.

AragornElessar
07-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks attyfan!!

I also found this through The Royal Forums...

Daily Mail ~ Granny will be so pleased! William and Kate cheer cousin Zara and the Team GB riders as they take second place in Olympic eventing (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181431/London-2012-Olympics-Medal-Team-GB-Zara-Phillips-eventing-team-ride-glory.html?ITO=1490#)

Cachoo
07-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I didn't realize OLN was broadcasting this though I saw some on the NBCSports channel. Dressage was my least favorite only because every rider and horse looked spectacular to me and I was clueless regarding how it is judged. I think today was my favorite as there was an Italian rider on a little (comparably) white mare and that little horse jumped everything without penalties and looked like she was ready to go around again. I did get to see Zara in that event as well. And I was happy to see the UK medal.