PDA

View Full Version : Zombies protest Westboro Baptist Church

aliceanne
07-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Zombies gathered at a Westboro anti-gay demonstration to counter protest. Zombies outnumbered Baptists 300 to 8.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/news/blogs/sideshow/zombies-show-block-westboro-baptist-church-protestors-204613653.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

Jot the Dot Dot
07-31-2012, 02:49 AM
I must be stuck in the 60s, I thought I'd be hearing the British pop band singing "She's Not There", or "Tell Her No". Still, it's good to see counter-demonstrations to these shipdits, as Reverend Spooner would call them.

aliceanne
07-31-2012, 03:40 AM
I must be stuck in the 60s, I thought I'd be hearing the British pop band singing "She's Not There", or "Tell Her No". Still, it's good to see counter-demonstrations to these shipdits, as Reverend Spooner would call them.

Since it wasn't a funeral ( where Westboro usually stages their demonstrations) the counter protest organizer decided to introduce the Zombie theme to keep things light and not descend to the Westboro level of hate.

I don't know how anyone can follow a church that preaches hate at the funerals of fallen soldiers. It seems their mission is to inflict maximum pain.

Aussie Willy
07-31-2012, 04:02 AM
Go the Zombies.

berthesghost
07-31-2012, 04:04 AM
The whole thing was a bitter disappointment.
Zombies eat brains.
The WBC is brainless.
#starvingzombies

Cachoo
07-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Usually you don't want to be infected/eaten by the zombies but in this case the zombies need to be protected.

taf2002
07-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Zombies eat brains.
The WBC is brainless.
#starvingzombies

:rofl:

misskarne
07-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Go the Zombies! :cheer:

But I agree - don't Zombies need brains to live?! Wouldn't this result in starving Zombies? Zombie neglect? Oh dear!

Matryeshka
07-31-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm probably the minority opinion here, but these counter-protests need to stop. They were very effective in the beginning, but now all they do is keep Westboro in the news. When no one protests Westboro's protests, the news cameras stay away and the "church" doesn't get the attention it desperately craves.

Well done initial protestors, we know what idiots Westboro Baptist Church members are. Now let's ignore them and hope they go away for good. As long as one camera crew shows up, even if it's more for whatever the theme of the counterprotest is, they will keep doing this. Cameras go away, reporters go away, they'll move on to obscurity
(or tax fraud).

I also think it's kind of disrespectful to the mourners--do they really need two groups that bring newshounds and cameras at a funeral?!

Aussie Willy
07-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Zombies eat brains.
The WBC is brainless.
#starvingzombies
Your concern for zombies is very touching.

You can be the founding member of SPCZ - Society for Protection of Cruelty to Zombies.

PrincessLeppard
07-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Matry, this wasnt at a funeral.

Also, at least in the Omaha area, none of the TV stations nor the newspaper give them any coverage.

Reuven
07-31-2012, 11:00 AM
If it's not a funeral, then I have no problem with mocking The Church of the Inbreds six ways from sunday. Go the Zombies!

PeterG
07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
If it's not a funeral, then I have no problem with mocking The Church of the Inbreds six ways from sunday. Go the Zombies!

What's the difference between the two groups? Is this a Hatfields and McCoys kind of thing???

Aussie Willy
07-31-2012, 10:50 PM
What's the difference between the two groups? Is this a Hatfields and McCoys kind of thing???
Applies to the church people. Doesn't apply the Zombies. They were a lot more intelligent than that.

FigureSpins
08-01-2012, 03:19 AM
I must be stuck in the 60s, I thought I'd be hearing the British pop band singing "She's Not There", or "Tell Her No".
OT: they're on tour this summer. Friend of ours is a DJ who emceed their concert last weekend. They sounded great.