PDA

View Full Version : Mishkutenok and Dmitriev?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

SkateBlades17
07-31-2012, 01:13 AM
I was never that into pairs skating when I was young, so I didn't follow what happened with Mishkutenok and Dmitriev. I'm just wondering, why did they split up and then he skate with Oksana Kazakova? Watching old tapes back, Mishkutenok and Dmitriev were really beautiful together!

Macassar88
07-31-2012, 01:34 AM
I was never that into pairs skating when I was young, so I didn't follow what happened with Mishkutenok and Dmitriev. I'm just wondering, why did they split up and then he skate with Oksana Kazakova? Watching old tapes back, Mishkutenok and Dmitriev were really beautiful together!

She wanted to retire but he didn't iirc

oliver
07-31-2012, 01:37 AM
iirc, there was a "romance" problem....

berthesghost
07-31-2012, 02:39 AM
iirc, there was a "romance" problem....Yeah, dontya just hate it your guy knocks up some other girl. :P

BigB08822
07-31-2012, 02:48 AM
iirc, there was a "romance" problem....

Morozov was at it even then!?

zilam98
07-31-2012, 04:10 AM
i thought the backstory then was that mishkutenuk (sp?) was attracted to dmitriev, and that caused an awkward tension between the two since dmitriev was with someone else?

gk_891
07-31-2012, 04:26 AM
i thought the backstory then was that mishkutenuk (sp?) was attracted to dmitriev, and that caused an awkward tension between the two since dmitriev was with someone else?

I had heard this too (that she liked him but he didn't in that way). But I'm not sure if this was speculation or if it was confirmed or not.

BaileyCatts
07-31-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm sure I'll get slammed for not providing video proof of this, which I can't provide, but I actually did see this during a fluff piece on a US skating broadcast in mid-1990's (I'm guessing it was between 1992 and 1994 Olympics), and have always remembered it. In this fluff piece, M&D were being interviewed and Natalia literally broke down in tears when they were talking about no longer skating together, and the theme of the interview was that she was in love with Artur and thought they would be married, when he did not feel the same about her. I also remember it was said that Artur and their coaches had to hide the fact that his girlfriend was going to have a baby from Natalia so that she would not be distracted from competing.

Like I said, I can't provide a link, cause lawdy knows what event I saw it on with the dozens of skating shows we got (blessed) with in the 1990's, but I did see this on US television, I'm guessing CBS.

berthesghost
07-31-2012, 01:50 PM
^ the whole thing was spun like "crazy stalker bitch threatens their chance for gold" but they all admitted to lying to her, and I'm not convinced he didn't lead her on for years just so they'd look more loved up on ice. G&G were a hard act to top.

arakwafan2006
07-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Scandal

PashaFan
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Back here in Blighty we never get any good gossip from the BBC.
Tell me more.............................................. .

Willowway
07-31-2012, 06:47 PM
Artur wasn't married when all of this drama took place but to be clear, the "girl friend" became his first wife (they are now divorced) and the baby was Artur, Jr. So it wasn't just some casual thing. Artur is coaching in Russia now.

Natalia has her own family and coaches in Texas these days.

leafygreens
07-31-2012, 06:57 PM
That's gotta be a tough situation for everyone. Usually you just hear about the pairs who end up getting married. Not one-sided romances!

Aussie Willy
08-01-2012, 03:30 AM
I never heard about that one. I had heard things along the retirement line, that they didn't do well as professionals, that she became too big, etc. Who lot of stuff.

blue_idealist
08-01-2012, 03:41 AM
I never heard about that one. I had heard things along the retirement line, that they didn't do well as professionals, that she became too big, etc. Who lot of stuff.

I definitely heard about the 'big' thing.. while she was noticeably larger than the other women competing in the pairs in '94 she was not at all fat by 'normal' standards!!