PDA

View Full Version : Mishkutenok and Dmitriev?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

fenway2
09-06-2012, 06:26 AM
In Katia's book she admits to noticing that the crowd cheered louder for M&D at the 94 medal ceremony and that it made her sad. I always admired her honesty about that.

literaryfreak
09-06-2012, 06:54 AM
The step sequence in 2nd Piano Concerto and the death spiral sequence (especially Natalia's positions) in Liebestraum are just :swoon: X infinity.

Those are my favorite moments in each program too. That driving step sequence down the rink in the Rachmaninoff is so powerful, I love the way it's choreographed.

Nagano Forever
09-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Natalia is a vey nice person. I wish that M/D could have stayed together. It's too bad when personal issues get in the way of beautiful skating pairs. If that is true in the case of M/D.

leapfrogonice
09-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Liebestraum was my favorite program from them. The series of death spirals at the end expressed the music so beautifully. I don't think that would "fly" under CoP, which is a shame.

Vash01
09-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Liebestraum was my favorite program from them. The series of death spirals at the end expressed the music so beautifully. I don't think that would "fly" under CoP, which is a shame.

COP has taken away artistry from pairs skating.

Elochka
09-08-2012, 09:43 PM
I fell in love with skating because of them and Natalyia'seyes and her plasticity. Built my life upon that :rolleyes: Love them.

lulu
09-09-2012, 12:53 AM
I fell in love with skating because of them and Natalyia'seyes and her plasticity. Built my life upon that :rolleyes: Love them.

:lol: I know what you mean. They were a fantastic pairs team. On a more shallow note, I really loved Natalia's short hair cut for the 1993-1994 season. Actually almost everything about the season: the programs, the costumes was divine.
Welcome to FSU!

alilou
09-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Artur was the first male skater I fell in love with :swoon: - not just his looks (he was pretty good looking back then) but more for his energy and presence and the gorgeous relaxed way he has of moving on the ice :swoon:

I've loved many since then, but he was the first :)

Aussie Willy
09-09-2012, 01:44 AM
:lol: I know what you mean. They were a fantastic pairs team. On a more shallow note, I really loved Natalia's short hair cut for the 1993-1994 season. Actually almost everything about the season: the programs, the costumes was divine.
Welcome to FSU!
I agree - I thought the packages of their programs that season were fabulous.

I liked how Natalia didn't have a ballet dancers figure but was still incredibly elegant and had such beautiful presentation and posture.

aliceanne
09-10-2012, 01:51 AM
I remember the interview where she burst into to tears but I thought it was at the World Pros in Landover (Dick Button's Competition). I thought it was a live interview after they didn't win (she had bursitis in her foot) and Dmitriev said right on camera that he was thinking about looking for another partner. It could have been a recorded fluff piece, but this type of drama was typical at Landover. I remember Zhulin stalking out on Usova after a romantic performance and leaving her alone to get their scores. Nancy Kerrigan made her infamous statement about getting paid the same whether she skated well or not and she'd rather be a mother anyway. Usova/Platov walking past Gritschuk/Zhulin to embrace Punsalan/Swallow. Gritschuk/Zhulin skating to "Smooth Operator". I think that is why skating was more popular in the 90's it was more adult themed.

I thought that the reason Mishketunok/Dmietriev finally split was because he wanted to compete at another Olympics and she didn't. I had read an interview with Moskvina that they both got fat when they weren't competing and that he smoked like a chimney. I saw him in COI with Kazokova and he had a distinct beer gut.

Vash01
09-10-2012, 02:03 AM
I miss M&D so much! May be because their career ended so quickly and suddenly. They were trailblazers, in my opinion because they changed the way pairs performed. Her flexibility gave them many opportunities to create beautiful pictures, and Artur's passion brought him into focus along side his partner, instead of staying in the background.

leafygreens
09-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I remember the interview where she burst into to tears but I thought it was at the World Pros in Landover (Dick Button's Competition). I thought it was a live interview after they didn't win (she had bursitis in her foot) and Dmitriev said right on camera that he was thinking about looking for another partner. It could have been a recorded fluff piece, but this type of drama was typical at Landover. I remember Zhulin stalking out on Usova after a romantic performance and leaving her alone to get their scores. Nancy Kerrigan made her infamous statement about getting paid the same whether she skated well or not and she'd rather be a mother anyway. Usova/Platov walking past Gritscuk/Zhulin to embrace Punsalan/Swallow. Gritschuk/Zhulin skating to "Smooth Operater". I think that is why skating was more popular in the 90's it was more adult themed.

I thought that the reason Mishketuniok/Dmietriev finally split was because he wanted to compete at another Olympics and she didn't. I had read an interview with Moskvina that they both got fat when they weren't competing and that he smoked like a chimney. I saw him in COI with Kasokova and he had a distinct beer gut.

:lol::lol: at this whole thing!!

Nagano Forever
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
I remember the interview where she burst into to tears but I thought it was at the World Pros in Landover (Dick Button's Competition). I thought it was a live interview after they didn't win (she had bursitis in her foot) and Dmitriev said right on camera that he was thinking about looking for another partner. It could have been a recorded fluff piece, but this type of drama was typical at Landover. I remember Zhulin stalking out on Usova after a romantic performance and leaving her alone to get their scores. Nancy Kerrigan made her infamous statement about getting paid the same whether she skated well or not and she'd rather be a mother anyway. Usova/Platov walking past Gritschuk/Zhulin to embrace Punsalan/Swallow. Gritschuk/Zhulin skating to "Smooth Operator". I think that is why skating was more popular in the 90's it was more adult themed.

Ah how I do miss those days! Don't forget Oksana Baiul and her antics at the World Pro.

aliceanne
09-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Ah how I do miss those days! Don't forget Oksana Baiul and her antics at the World Pro.

Not to mention you never knew what kind of program Denise Biellmann would come up with. Plus you got to see Robin Cousins year after year.

lulu
09-11-2012, 08:13 AM

I thought that the reason Mishketunok/Dmietriev finally split was because he wanted to compete at another Olympics and she didn't. I had read an interview with Moskvina that they both got fat when they weren't competing and that he smoked like a chimney. I saw him in COI with Kazokova and he had a distinct beer gut.

Nothing beats the early 90s (especiallyin ice dance!) for both :inavoid: skating and backstage drama.

Does anyone know why M&D, or G&G for that matter, didn't compete at the 1994 World Championships?