PDA

View Full Version : NBC Broadcast - 2012 Olympics - Day 3 (Mon, July 30)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

Cyn
07-31-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm just glad we don't have to hear Tonito's overprotective parents :yikes:

:rofl: :rofl:

By the time the Trials were completed, I was sekretly hoping that Tonito would give his parents the finger and run out in front of a bus :EVILLE: :saint:.

Of course, now that that ad has mercifully disappeared (for now at least), it's been replaced by having to endure Phelps washing his hair with Head and Shoulders eleventy-billion times (particularly while watching NBC's online streaming of events), along with Oil of Olay and their "our oily crap works on all skin types/ethnicities" and the Chevy ad with the friggin' idiot trying to propose to his GF by way of a plane towing a banner :rolleyes: :blah:.

museksk8r
07-31-2012, 04:28 AM
So the only nations competing in this gymnastics event are China and USA. You're psychotic NBC; YOU SUCK!

Jimena
07-31-2012, 04:28 AM
Yes, NBC does suck but are the qualification feeds up? They may put up the team final feeds after the broadcast.

Only subgroup 3 is up. It's what you get when you click on subgroup 1 and subgroup 2 (and subgroup 3). The apparatus (apparati? apparata? I have no idea what the plural is.) feeds are not up.

The ones for the women are, of course. :rolleyes: Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-31-2012, 04:29 AM
I like how the idiot trio is trying to make it sound like China could've possibly lost.

They all could've fallen off PH and still won.

Theatregirl1122
07-31-2012, 04:30 AM
I think Phelps also hates all the over-hype from NBC and the media.

He might just hate Andrea. I do. For all his faults, he's always pretty great in the post race interviews, though. The post 400 IM interview was very ruffled for him but he was still gracious.

He and Ryan are pretty hilarious in interviews together, especially when they win gold. I'm hoping they win the 4x200 and say something ridiculous.

Matryeshka
I was preparing for some epic Phelps snarkage, but I've been really impressed by his attitude. I mean, Forrest Gump thinks he's a little slow, but he's been such a great team player and has somehow managed not to slap the crap out of Andrea. You know he could take one of those bat-wing arms and slam her into the bottom of lane 8. They should give him a medal just for that.

I don't see how he could POSSIBLY have the same drive as he did in Beijing. He knows he can't top it, and he's not trying. It looks to me like he's in this Olympics just to have fun and support his teammates, maybe be the all-time medal winner, though honestly, that looks more and more like NBC wishing that's why he's there. Because what will we do if Phelps is not on an epic quest? Just think of the children!

museksk8r
Wait? What! Japan and Great Britain just showed up at the Olympics in the last rotation! WTF?!?! Their federations are gonna sh!t bricks!

Fridge_Break
07-31-2012, 04:32 AM
Just popping in here to say that NBC's way of covering this men's team competition has been completely and utterly awful. Only the American's routines for the first 2 rotations, then a random mashup of about 5 routines on various apparatus (spanning who knows which rotations), then completely chacking a rotation, a few more vaults from the US, verbal updates of Japan and Russia biffing a routine, another chacked rotation, and now a whole slew of pommel horse routines (aka the most boring event in all of gymnastics). Not a single high bar routine, and (assuming China wins) only 4 routines out of 18 from the winning team.

Classy coverage, NBC. :rolleyes:

ETA: also, completely failing to post the standings until we pick things up going into the final rotation. :rolleyes:

HisWeirness
Princes!!!!

Theatregirl1122
Hahahaha. One of the other Michigan Gymnasts just tweeted "Tim Daggett is a terrible announcer".

We're not the only ones unhappy.

museksk8r
07-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Because what will we do if Phelps is not on an epic quest? Just think of the children!

:rofl:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Just popping in here to say that NBC's way of covering this men's team competition has been completely and utterly awful. Only the American's routines for the first 2 rotations, then a random mashup of about 5 routines on various apparatus (spanning who knows which rotations), then completely chacking a rotation, a few more vaults from the US, verbal updates of Japan and Russia biffing a routine, another chacked rotation, and now a whole slew of pommel horse routines (aka the most boring event in all of gymnastics). Not a single high bar routine, and (assuming China wins) only 4 routines out of 18 from the winning team.

Classy coverage, NBC. :rolleyes:

They did show Zou on High Bar. Not that most of us wanted to see it again.

ITA though.

Theatregirl1122
07-31-2012, 04:34 AM
I'm trying to decide if Prince Harry ever looks happy.

Cyn
07-31-2012, 04:34 AM
So the only nations competing in this gymnastics event are China and USA. You're psychotic NBC; YOU SUCK!

To watch this, you'd think that Great Britain didn't even compete in the Team Finals :wall:.

As I typed the above, Al Fishpig actually -*gasp!*- mentioned something about Team GB.

While watching tonight, I've been working on refinishing a jewelry box and mentally composing a letter to NBC about their dismal coverage of gymnastics and the utter ineptitude of The Three Stooges' commentating worthless, irrelevant blathering.

FIRE THESE INCOMPETENT ASSHOLES and hire Shannon Miller!!!

Fridge_Break
07-31-2012, 04:35 AM
They did show Zou on High Bar. Not that most of us wanted to see it again.

ITA though.

Oh yeah... I guess I bleached that one from my memory. I'll still go by the idea that they chacked the entire high bar apparatus.