PDA

View Full Version : Men's Gymnastics Team Final...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53

Rob
07-31-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh yeah I saw kohei on PB. Must have missed the vault. No other Japanese. The coverage was so much better in 2008. I can't judge who I thought should get the medals.

Rob
07-31-2012, 04:56 AM
There is an overnight show. Maybe they will recap with more routines.

AragornElessar
07-31-2012, 04:57 AM
GB men looked beautiful on floor. Too bad I couldnt see more. Will have to watch replays. but it is sad watching the celebrations knowing what will happen.

So they showed 1 high bar and no p bars/rings. And nothing of Japan till the end? Ukraine?

And they even dropped the US men like hot cakes even though they came back stronger in later routines?

The worst coverage ever.

Which is the reason why I was explaining to friends of my parents who popped in this afternoon why CTV's showing so many US Gold Medal Ceremonies. They're not stupid and they know people in the Border States are watching. So why not do it? It ups the ratings *and* embrasses NBC even more.

Which isn't that hard to do from what I'm hearing of the coverage so far.

Karina1974
07-31-2012, 05:04 AM
The worst coverage ever.

ITA. I hope they do a lot better with the women tomorrow night. I got 2-1/2 hours (commercials edited out) from the team qualifier coverage on Sunday, so I am hopeful.

I don't follow the men normally; is it always this bad?

suep1963
07-31-2012, 05:06 AM
I thought this would be best to post this in here. I was talking to someone today--a fairly intelligent person at that. I mentioned I had watched the live stream of the men's gymnastics this morning on my computer. She said that she really enjoyed watching the ladies last night, and would be watching the men tonight. I said something to the effect, don't know how much NBC will actually be showing and she replied "well, I expect a lot--after all they showed all the women last night". When I said they did not, she insisted--she had watched, and she saw all the women's routines.

So there you have it--NBC really does have the coverage!

I did the math later on--didn't think of it at the time--there were 404 routines done yesterday. Don't think we got to see quite all of them.

BigB08822
07-31-2012, 05:15 AM
Oh lord! Your friend must not have a clue about gymnastics and/or the Olympics. Bless her heart.

Theatregirl1122
07-31-2012, 05:22 AM
You guys are going to be totally shocked to find this out, but the prediction contest is a bit of a blood bath so far. :shuffle:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-31-2012, 05:26 AM
You guys are going to be totally shocked to find this out, but the prediction contest is a bit of a blood bath so far. :shuffle:

Hehe, I'll bet.

I was just looking at my PH EF predictions and after the top 3, I must've just picked some random guys. I don't even know who Vid HIDVEGI is.

Scintillation
07-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Yeah I've decided that I can't bet on anything. Who knows, Kohei could implode and Danell Leyva could win the AA. I scoffed at that idea a month ago, but now I'm thinking anything is possible.
And I only tuned in for the last half of the men's final and WOW it was like the US team didn't even exist. And no Ukraine still rings either, even though it was evident GB and the Ukraine were fighting for the same medal? Dumb. Just dumb. Ugh, I hope tomorrow night is better.

Cheylana
07-31-2012, 05:52 AM
Wow, what a wholly unsatisfactory night.

China wins (again), Japan gets a silver that many will consider tainted, Ukraine gets teased with the possibility of a medal only to have it snatched away............and USA well off the podium, with our local boy Orozco perhaps earning a new nickname...Bronx Bomber. Was he injured?? He had a look of dread on his face from the get-go. :(

Only good part was GB getting a medal.

jlai
07-31-2012, 05:58 AM
Well, China deserves their win. I wish they'd bring back the pretty lines and form more though.

But I must say this. The Chinese team (who used to be so stretched and graceful) used to have me nervousing because they always looked so fragile as a team by the Olympics, causing them to lose 1996 and other team golds. But they really showed some mental toughness these days. I mean, beating Japan on their home turf at last year's world and then repeating as gold medalist here.

ks1227
07-31-2012, 06:03 AM
Maybe Danell Leyva just wasn't concentrating enough on his Team Finals preparation: Leyva sending half-naked pictures of himself to women (http://deadspin.com/5930246/eally). :shuffle: :lol:

SmallFairy
07-31-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm beyond words sad for Ukraine....they deserved and needed that medal so much!! And I'm a big Japan-fan saying this. It's not Ukraines fault the judges don't know how to judge... The poor, poor guys!!

Buzz
07-31-2012, 06:11 AM
Maybe Danell Leyva just wasn't concentrating enough on his Team Finals preparation: Leyva sending half-naked pictures of himself to women (http://deadspin.com/5930246/eally). :shuffle: :lol:

LOL But honesty I don't think that has any bearing on his performance last night.

ks1227
07-31-2012, 06:18 AM
LOL But honesty I don't think that has any bearing on his performance last night.

Me neither, that was a joke. ;)

Actually, while he had significant problems on the pommel horse, Leyva wasn't bad on any of his other events in the team final. Unfortunately, his pommel horse + Sam's errors + John's errors added up.