PDA

View Full Version : NBC - Day 2- Revenge of the Bathing Suit: Swimming, Beach Vollyball, and Gymnastics.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34

shan
07-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

Eeyora1
07-30-2012, 05:45 AM
"Can you get points for being sexy?"
My favorite Al Trautwig quote yet!!

He definitely is well into the flask!

ssminnow
07-30-2012, 05:48 AM
wow, way to go NBC, showing Ponor and Iordache's floor routines, but not Izbasa's, and then showing Romanians' bars (but not the Russians').

Jimena
07-30-2012, 05:49 AM
And they didn't show Izbasa's floor. :blah: So no Afan and no Sandra. My two favorite floor routines are nowhere to be seen.

DimaToe
07-30-2012, 05:50 AM
wow, way to go NBC, showing Ponor and Iordache's floor routines, but not Izbasa's, and then showing Romanians' bars (but not the Russians').

Gotta make the U.S look the best :rolleyes: the girls can do this without the help of editing, its almost insulting.

Jimena

The story tonight seems to be how great the US is and how much the other teams struggle.

pollyanna
The bitch of it is, had Jordyn had a bad night, it might be more forgiving. But she had a night most gymnasts would DREAM of having.

It's ridiculous that the person with the fourth highest score of the day doesn't even get to try. More than likely, someone who did worse than Weiber will medal, and that's hard to stomach. :blah:

This 2 per country rule has been around for a while.

I find it funny that only now people are calling for it to be eliminated.

I don't like it either, but it's not like it's anything new.

I think it's being mentioned by a lot more peeps this time because 1) Jordyn placed 4th and that's pretty high to be cut, and mostly 2) it's the defending World AA champion who isn't making AA, and when has that ever happened?

Anyway, I remember the reasons for both the 3 per country and 2 per country rules, but I don't think those reasons exist anymore. A team is no longer composed of 6 AAers. Most countries have 2 AAers, some have 3, so it's ridiculous to limit under the current team makeup. The top 24 should be the top 24. Maybe they would have let Bulimar compete AA if they hadn't been afraid she would knock Iordache out. And Komova, Mustafina and Grishina are all fabulous enough to be in top 24. So it's not just USA who got hurt here. But it's a bigger deal this time because it's the reigning world champ who didn't make it. :(

Coverage ends at 12:00. They have to pick and choose.
They could choose to chack the fluff and not show competitors standing around, and show more gymnastics instead.

Let's bring on Peter Carruthers to replace Al. He's always very complimentary of the Russians in skating, why not in gymnastics? It's not like he'd be some kind of downgrade from Al. :lol:
I vote for Shannon Miller.

JJH
07-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Is my fever warping my perception or is NBC focusing and spinning everything in the most negative possible way?

ChelleC
07-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Is my fever warping my perception or is NBC focusing and spinning everything in the most negative possible way?

No, they definitely are.

shan
07-30-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm reminding myself that this is qualifying (as important as it is). I hope the team event coverage is way better. I don't like it when they are trying to script a story. It's irritating....

HeatherC
07-30-2012, 05:54 AM
This is the problem when everything is tape delayed....they can spin it however they want and we can't do a thing about it. IIRC, they did it for Sydney and Athens too. It's just a show to the network now instead of a sporting event and that's a shame. The athletes deserve better than that. :(

shan
07-30-2012, 05:58 AM
Ponor is 24??? Wow! She's amazing!

JJH
07-30-2012, 06:09 AM
Shallow moment. Ponor is also really beautiful.

A.H.Black
07-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Shallow moment. Ponor is also really beautiful.

I remember a quote from way back about some women being women and some women being girls - in looks. At the time I think they were comparing Farah Fawcett and Angie Dickinson. Anyway, when I see Ponor, I always think she looks like a woman. She looked like a woman when she was 16.

allezfred
07-30-2012, 09:51 AM
What an unfortunate nose on Addlington. She really needs to get that fixed if she's going to do red carpets. Unless there's a swimming witch movie in her future?

Ah, plastic surgery - the answer to everything. :rolleyes: