PDA

View Full Version : London rental

Pages : [1] 2

leesaleesa
07-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Hello, I have a question about rents in London-Is it possible to rent a 1BR flat in the London vicinity for $400.00 US? I am under the impression that London is one of the more expensive cities, and am sceptical of this figure.

berthesghost
07-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Maybe if it's 1980. :P

What's "London vicinity"? Like Dagenham?

leesaleesa
07-29-2012, 09:45 PM
I would assume it means London and the surrounding areas. No idea what the area is called, just that is in walking distance to Whitechapel. Let's say a 10 mile radius of the city-Do you know approximately the average rental in lets say a working class area would be?

Vagabond
07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
$400.00 a week, maybe. Not $400.00 a month.

GarrAarghHrumph
07-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I would assume it means London and the surrounding areas. No idea what the area is called, just that is in walking distance to Whitechapel. Let's say a 10 mile radius of the city-Do you know approximately the average rental in lets say a working class area would be?

I did a quick search of available flats to let in that area of London, and the least expensive I could find in walking distance of Whitechapel was a one bedroom in Stepney for 260 per week. That'd be about $1,632 per month, US dollars.

milanessa
07-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Maybe a bed sit? I really don't know - never looked for other than hotels or B&B's in London.

leesaleesa
07-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks, I didn't think this was true. Turns out that the person claiming it also insists that Normandy is in England. We were writing a novel together, and I found many of his facts to be suspect. Think I'll go it alone now.

Anita18
07-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Thanks, I didn't think this was true. Turns out that the person claiming it also insists that Normandy is in England. We were writing a novel together, and I found many of his facts to be suspect. Think I'll go it alone now.
Oh....boy. :rofl: :rofl:

Vagabond
07-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Well, Normandy was part of England about 750 years ago. Maybe leesaleesa's friend hasn't kept up on current events. ;)

leesaleesa
07-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Lol. The copy so far is very colorful, but I don't think it'll sell. Not sure how a book about a murder/mystery set in Florida and Louisiana becomes a Da Vinci Code ripoff that has one character with a really good realtor living in a surprisingly affordable flat in London, Normandy England.

GarrAarghHrumph
07-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Lol. The copy so far is very colorful, but I don't think it'll sell. Not sure how a book about a murder/mystery set in Florida and Louisiana becomes a Da Vinci Code ripoff that has one character with a really good realtor living in a surprisingly affordable flat in London, Normandy England.

Alternate universe? ;)

skatesindreams
07-31-2012, 10:29 PM

Maybe you should think twice about this!

leesaleesa
07-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, the partnership, she is dissolved. By the time it got around to Russian Tartars and fake Turks with mysteriously Mexican acents, who are ancient Celts from Wales, I threw the towel in for good.

Aussie Willy
07-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, the partnership, she is dissolved. By the time it got around to Russian Tartars and fake Turks with mysteriously Mexican acents, who are ancient Celts from Wales, I threw the towel in for good.

:lol: I don't know. After reading this bit I think it would make a fabulous comedy.

Nan
08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
.... Russian Tartars and fake Turks with mysteriously Mexican acents, who are ancient Celts from Wales, ....

Now, THAT'S interesting! :lol: