PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day Two - General Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SHARPIE
07-29-2012, 06:36 AM
OK think we are in for more of the same today.

Swimming, archery :cheer: , allezfred's idol - Nicole Cooke in the cycling road race for women, probably more tennis and football - Ooh Hockey too ... yay (er... non!)

Nothing really to link to at the BBC right now, will add later :)

gingercrush
07-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Ugh I have to stay clear of the day one thread cause I haven't finished the days events. My recorder is a piece of _____

But bring on more rowing, the rest of the dressage and swimming (loved who won yesterday except for the relay grrr) and womens gymnastics. Have loved the first two mens subdivisions I saw. Third one is stuffing up badly so have been cursing at the television all day.

But have loved what I've seen so far.

Domshabfan
07-29-2012, 07:50 AM
China should have another great day with 3M synchro diving, Weightlifting women's under 53 kg (Kazakh weightlifter can be trouble for the chinese ) and men's under 60 kg as well. There are two shooting events as well where chinese could medal as well. Swimming where they are huge wild card :shuffle:

allezfred
07-29-2012, 09:06 AM
allezfred's idol - Nicole Cooke in the cycling road race for women

She's a very "determined" young lady! :D

Looking forward to crap music choices, bizarre hand flourishes and sparkly leotards with the ladiezzz gymnastics qualifiers! :cheer:

AndyWarhol
07-29-2012, 09:21 AM
She's a very "determined" young lady! :D

Looking forward to crap music choices, bizarre hand flourishes and sparkly leotards with the ladiezzz gymnastics qualifiers! :cheer:

Me too! :hat1:

I'm still trying to find an online stream that works in Australia though, cos I'm pretty sure they are going to play swimming over gym live on tv.

allezfred
07-29-2012, 09:58 AM
So I've a choice of watching beach volleyball, volleyball, badminton or rowing on TV and I'm watching gymastics online instead. :lol:

allezfred
07-29-2012, 10:17 AM
British women out of the archery.

allezfred
07-29-2012, 10:55 AM
There's a French swimmer named Fanny Babou! Wheeee! :cheer: :rofl:

poths
07-29-2012, 11:03 AM
That idea of Nicole Cooke helping her teammate is :rofl:

Will not happen.

misskarne
07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
So I spent all day at work, finally caught up with the news from what happened while I was sleeping, and what?! Are Cycling Team GB seriously whinging that the Australians didn't help them?! Screw your Cavendish, we had our OWN RIDERS to push! You know, such little no-names as Cadel Evans, Michael Rogers, Stuart O'Grady...

Don't start blaming others because you got it wrong. :mad:

Anyway, had enough of the swimming, I always do. Stephanie Rice wasn't good enough, and yet our commentators are fawning over her and calling it a "courageous swim" and carrying on like she won the damn thing.

Hockeyroos lost to NZ in a game that proved New Zealand are filthy thugs no matter the sport... :P

Looking forward to the women's gymnastics and the diving later tonight.

allezfred
07-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Hockeyroos lost to NZ in a game that proved New Zealand are filthy thugs no matter the sport... :P

The Olympic Games - all about the spirit of international friendship. :lol:

allezfred
07-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Rebecca Adlington squeaks into final of 400m in 8th place. :eek:

allezfred
07-29-2012, 12:04 PM
That idea of Nicole Cooke helping her teammate is :rofl:

Will not happen.

The BBC is still saying it. :rofl:

allezfred
07-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Another gold for China in women's shooting. France silver, Ukraine bronze.

misskarne
07-29-2012, 12:53 PM
The Olympic Games - all about the spirit of international friendship. :lol:

Never between Australia and New Zealand. Or Australia and the whinging Poms. :lol: