PDA

View Full Version : Lesser-Sports, Greater-Sports, and A Whole Lotta Snarking: NBC Olys Day One

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

skipaway
07-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Plain cable won't do it, according to my internet provider - you must have the "TV Essential tier or higher" :blah:

Order it for 2 weeks, then cancel

Cloudy_Gumdrops
I hate fluff pieces.

I might be the only one, but I like Ryan Seacrest. I've always felt that he was good at what he does.

Theatregirl1122
MORE SHIRTLESS USA MEN FLUFF, PLZ

numbers123
07-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Too bad that they did the Phelps fluff stories...

A.H.Black
07-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Question for you gymnastics people, why do the women have to use crappy music for floor exercises and the men don't?
Men never did have music. The women used to have someone playing piano - live. I don't remember if it was always the same piece or not. I don't think the gymnast got any say in what was played, but I could be wrong. Then they changed so the gymnast could choose their own recorded music. We could always go back to that - not.

Hannahclear
Phelps is really awkward like this fluff.

rfisher
Plain cable won't do it, according to my internet provider - you must have the "TV Essential tier or higher" :blah:

Sorry for those who don't have it then, because it was excellent. You could have two events playing at the same time and switch the larger view back and forth. My only complaint was that the feed seemed to freeze a lot, but that was a minor issue. Because NBC is offering this, they are going to do very focused events at prime time and they'll be the ones most Americans want to watch since that's their prime marketing target.

Matryeshka
07-29-2012, 02:29 AM
I do not want to see the Phelps gene pool. There are hot gymnasts to watch :swoon:

suep1963
Got old like the rest of us. :D

:drama: ahem--I may have gotten older, but I do not have a pasty white face with matching hair, plus the inability to move my neck! :drama:

Do you think that they will show the Archery Team since they won a medal? It was a fun competition to watch but certainly not prime time appeal :P

They showed the ending twice on NBC today, plus the medal ceremony. And they chatted with the team.

Michalle
I had to mute it after about forty seconds.

doubleflutz
07-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Question for you gymnastics people, why do the women have to use crappy music for floor exercises and the men don't?

Antiquated ideas about gender roles. Same reason that women in FS have to do laybacks and a spiral sequence as a required element and the men don't. It's nothing really to do with the different physical capabilities of males and females, but more about what men and women (or boys and girls) are "supposed" to be like. The only really legitimate sex-based differences between MAG and WAG are not letting the women do roll-out skills, and maybe still rings, maybe.

Personally, I would enjoy seeing Uchimura and Orozco on beam, and Wiebs and Musty on rings.

Erin
07-29-2012, 02:33 AM
I hate fluff pieces.

I might be the only one, but I like Ryan Seacrest. I've always felt that he was good at what he does.

I don't mind good fluff, but this is all terrible so far. Looking forward to getting home when I can flip between NBC and CTV and fast forward through the crap. Or at least do something else to occupy myself in the meantime.

And my mom likes Seacrest, so you're not alone. I'm not sure that you want to be in her company though.:shuffle:

Theatregirl1122
07-29-2012, 02:34 AM
I see we're pretending that lane 8 is an advantage?

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Hopefully, that Romanian stream is working tomorrow, so I can watch that for women's prelims and not have to just follow quick hits.

Erin
07-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Wow, Lochte does not look nearly as good in his bathing cap as he did in the picture accompanying the sexiest Olympians article. I think it's his eyebrows that look weird.