PDA

View Full Version : Lesser-Sports, Greater-Sports, and A Whole Lotta Snarking: NBC Olys Day One

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

london_calling
07-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Oh my, Jake Dalton has such lovely green eyes.

Smiley0884
07-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Oh my, Jake Dalton has such lovely green eyes.

I was just thinking the same! I think this might be USA's most :swoon: gymnastics team ever :D

Theatregirl1122
07-29-2012, 02:06 AM
He's fine to me as long as he keeps his mouth shut. :P

When Ryan and I are married, he will only be allowed to speak every day until he says something stupid. Once he does, he has to be quiet until the next day. I'm hoping this will train him out of saying stupid things. ;) I'm also hoping he'll grow his hair back.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I may not like his gymnastics, but I think Zhang Chenglong is a cutie at least.

My tv has a weird glow and it's making the Chinese guys look like they're wearing parachute pants...

mkats
07-29-2012, 02:09 AM
HAHA Zhang sticks out his tongue and makes a face at sticking his high bar dismount!

Simone411
They did that with the parade of nations last night. Like no. You're not fooling anyone.

Well, I was fooled at first. The schedule on my local NBC station had the opening ceremonies listed as "live" beginning at 6:30 p.m. I realized it wasn't after I came to FSU and read everyone's posts about it. :slinkaway

Spareoom
Yay, love Misty and Kerri! Will be rooting for them to get yet another gold medal....who says they need to share the wealth? ;) I liked their uniforms; the shirts looked super comfy considering that the temps were probably in the lower end of the scale.

Skittl1321
07-29-2012, 02:10 AM
I think part of the uniform change was the anticipated cooler temps at night. Most of the earlier matches had the women in bikinis.

This is apparently the first year that something other than bikinis was even allowed. The uniform change was to allow more modest countries to participate.

For those who aren't necessarily modest, it is also probably nice with the cooler temperatures!

And I think aus has bras over shirts because their name is not on the shirts

london_calling
07-29-2012, 02:11 AM
Zou Kai is so :yawn: on HB.

Spareoom
07-29-2012, 02:13 AM
And he didn't make finals, so :D from me.

hirshey girl
07-29-2012, 02:15 AM
When Ryan and I are married, he will only be allowed to speak every day until he says something stupid. Once he does, he has to be quiet until the next day. I'm hoping this will train him out of saying stupid things. ;) I'm also hoping he'll grow his hair back.

:lol::lol::lol:

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-29-2012, 02:15 AM
And he didn't make finals, so :D from me.

Yes he did. He qualified 7th.

numbers123
07-29-2012, 02:16 AM
I just don't get it. Volleyball...but in a sandy pit!

Someone should develop mud volleyball.
It is really hard to play in the sand. I did it once, my feet were raw for a week. Plus, getting sand out of places it wasn't supposed to be is probably the best reason for them to have brazilians

I sure sounded like it to me. I realized that I really liked the person commentating and then recognized the voice as Terry Gannon.
Yep - they introduced the segment as being commentated by Terry.

What happened to John McEnroe?
Got old like the rest of us. :D
NBC - played the program well. Beach Volleyball with Misty and Kerri, team that is being played as a 3-peat. Followed by Gymnastics, which many US viewers like, ending with the non-surprise race that was supposed to be the swimming competition to be all.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Yep - they introduced the segment as being commentated by Terry.

Wish I'd have known, I'd have watched.

Yeah, I know weird, but I love Terry and miss him commentating skating.

pollyanna
07-29-2012, 02:17 AM
I know he's defending world and Olympic champ, but I can't believe Zou Kai made finals with that mess. :yikes: