07-28-2012, 07:09 PM
I didn't see him move either.

oleada
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
It's ColOmbia, people :shuffle:
Pet peeve.

Sparks
07-28-2012, 07:11 PM
They pulled out a win, but they were sloppy. If they continue to play like that, there won't be any medals hanging around their necks. The coach wasn't happy and I don't blame him. They need to get their act together or they'll be toast. I hope this was a wake up call.
Yeah, it was a lot of slop but I think they got into the groove in the 4th quarter.
Geno will straighten them out!

Domshabfan
07-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Italy are having a awesome day, they already won a gold medal in archery, a silver in shooting, and are guaranteed a gold and a silver in the women's foil fencing. They could make it even better since Italian Vizzali will play against Korean's Nam Hyun Hee for the Bronze medal. Will it be the first clean sweep of the podium at this games ?

Simone411
07-28-2012, 07:17 PM
It's ColOmbia, people :shuffle:
Pet peeve.

Just corrected it. :D

allezfred
07-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Fair enough Mark Cavendish was disappointed at not winning, but complaining that none of the other countries wanted to help him win is a bit much. :lol:

allezfred
07-28-2012, 07:23 PM
The euphemisms about Nicole Cooke keep coming. "She's a bit of an individual," says Gary Lineker. :lol:

Theatregirl1122
07-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Fair enough Mark Cavendish was disappointed at not winning, but complaining that none of the other countries wanted to help him win is a bit much. :lol:

He wasn't complaining. He just stated that they were victims of their own success. It's not about helping him win. It's about team Germany, team Australia, and team USA all having sprinters who could have medaled or even won but not riding for them (well, Germany did but not the way Britain had to) because Mark has been so dominant that other teams with sprinters road to get in the break away instead of riding to set up the sprint because they thought that would give them a better chance at gold. Which rather backfired since none of those teams won medals at all and most likely two of them would have in a bunch sprint.

london_calling
07-28-2012, 07:24 PM
so nervous about the swimming finals coming up!

oleada
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
So how is fencing scored? I can't tell who's winning. Granted, I had it on mute...

Theatregirl1122
07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
so nervous about the swimming finals coming up!

Ditto!

SHARPIE
07-28-2012, 07:29 PM
The euphemisms about Nicole Cooke keep coming. "She's a bit of an individual," says Gary Lineker. :lol:

If you come to Newport ever again ;) - By train, her ugly mug is one of the first things you see as you walk out of the station :lol:

allezfred
07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
He wasn't complaining. He just stated that they were victims of their own success. It's not about helping him win. It's about team Germany, team Australia, and team USA all having sprinters who could have medaled or even won but not riding for them (well, Germany did but not the way Britain had to) because Mark has been so dominant that other teams with sprinters road to get in the break away instead of riding to set up the sprint because they thought that would give them a better chance at gold. Which rather backfired since none of those teams won medals at all and most likely two of them would have in a bunch sprint.

But that was their choice innit. ;)

SHARPIE
07-28-2012, 07:30 PM
So how is fencing scored? I can't tell who's winning. Granted, I had it on mute...

:rofl: - Dont hate - educate!

allezfred
07-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Fed up of hearing about Smiley Hannah Miley at this stage and her rock climbing. Get on with the swimming!