PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day One - General Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Domshabfan
07-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Wang Minjuan wins second gold medal for china in weightlifting women's -48 kg category

Gold : Wang Minjuan CHN
Silver: Hiromi Miyake JPN
Bronze : Chun Hwa Rynag DPK

TalentedButHumble
07-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Archery is AWESOME! :rofl: :cheer2:

I'm loving all the coverage so much, this is incredible!

It's amazing how quickly I can get *into* rooting for somebody. I'm all waaah that the cute Mexican guys didn't medal.

This is the fun of the OOOOOs - watching the more "obscure"/unhyped sports.

But yikes, I need to tear myself away from all this to do moving-related stuff.

allezfred
07-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Silver: Hiromi Miyake JPN

Since Ireland won't win any medals till next week (if at all :P), I'll :cheer: for Japan for the time being.

This archery is exciting. Is this the curling of the summer olympics?

allezfred
07-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Italy win by one point!

Fergus
07-28-2012, 06:31 PM
That was a great shot! Ups and downs for both teams. Forza Italia!! :cheer2:

SHARPIE
07-28-2012, 06:32 PM
Sin
This archery is exciting. Is this the curling of the summer olympics?

:lol:

I like it cos I did it for a while in 04/05. Should have kept it up innit! I won a trophy! :D

On the final arrow for Italy! :cheer:

LOL that the commentator's made reference to the one Italian guy's size... 'He's not a sleek whippet is he?' :rofl:

allezfred
07-28-2012, 06:33 PM
LOL that the commentator's made reference to the one Italian guy's size... 'He's not a sleek whippet is he?' :rofl:

I was going to say something, but I didn't want you to compare me to that awful comedian again. :drama: ;)

SHARPIE
07-28-2012, 06:35 PM
I was going to say something, but I didn't want you to compare me to that awful comedian again. :drama: ;)

It was only cos you spoilt my perving over Ian Thorpe this morning! :2faced:

Fergus
07-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Aw, this is my first medal ceremony viewing of the Games. I'm all teary eyed. :wuzrobbed :40beers:

AND now a commercial with a screaming brat running around a car. :mad:

allezfred
07-28-2012, 06:37 PM
It was only cos you spoilt my perving over Ian Thorpe this morning! :2faced:

Isn't Ian Thorpe a friend of magnolia? :shuffle:

Simone411
07-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Been watching women's soccer. U.S. - 1, Colombia - 0. U.S. scored during the first half. So far, no change during the 2nd half.

I'm watching swimming now. :)

Tesla
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Breaking News: Korean who was originally DQed for a false-start has won his appeal and been re-instated into the final of the 400 free in swimming knocking Canada's Ryan Cochrane out.

NOT impressed with the news... I watched the video and the bugger clearly moved before the gun went off... Blatant disregard for the rules by FINA :mad:. It doesn't matter to me that a Canadian was knocked out, had it been an American, a Brit, whoever, that person should be in the finals because the Korean false started...

Ok, I just saw this on NBC and :huh:? I did not see him move at all. And I watched the replays carefully. I have to say that was a bogus DQ and I'm glad it was overturned.

rfisher
07-28-2012, 06:43 PM
The USA women's basketball team is not in any way demonstrating that they're supposedly very good.

They pulled out a win, but they were sloppy. If they continue to play like that, there won't be any medals hanging around their necks. The coach wasn't happy and I don't blame him. They need to get their act together or they'll be toast. I hope this was a wake up call.

Simone411
07-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Just switched back. U.S. just made two more goals! U.S. - 3, Colombia - 0.

SHARPIE
07-28-2012, 07:06 PM
This is the fun of the OOOOOs - watching the more "obscure"/unhyped sports.

[/SIZE]

Modern Pentathlon is my voidiest Olympic Sport. So fecking random!

GB Women's team are thumping Cameroon in football 3-0 with 5 minutes to go so think that's a win innit!