PDA

View Full Version : DWTS: All Stars, Cast Announced

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

danceronice
08-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Well, count yourself lucky because for lots of people, it's pretty easy to gain that kind of weight. I gained 20 pounds in less than four months when I quit smoking.

Tell me about it. Having an eight-hour-a-day desk job did a number on my weight.

And it's not like ANY of the stars really practice alone, so do you think Mark was just making her work for ten minutes when the cameras were rolling and then letting her slack off? She didn't dance like it. Again, I realize it's hard to tell when the girl isn't just letting the pro fling her around, but she WAS NOT A BAD DANCER. If anything, she's the one to point to for people who want to take ballroom lessons, because that's FAR more reasonable progress (and more what a real teacher will do with a true n00b--the 'ringers' get flash and trash because they can fake it, the clods look like clods mostly because they're being given material that vastly exceeds their ability and they DON'T have performing chops to cover it. Mark took a smarter road with a non-ringer and just tried to teach her how to dance rather than cover it up with goofy costumes and flinging her through routines.)

And look on the bright side, those who go into rabid fits at the name "Palin"--would you rather have Cloris and Corky back?

kwanfan1818
08-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Again, I realize it's hard to tell when the girl isn't just letting the pro fling her around, but she WAS NOT A BAD DANCER. If anything, she's the one to point to for people who want to take ballroom lessons, because that's FAR more reasonable progress (and more what a real teacher will do with a true n00b-... Mark took a smarter road with a non-ringer and just tried to teach her how to dance rather than cover it up with goofy costumes and flinging her through routines.)

I think it would be great if pros took this approach, and the voters pretty much say "bite us" when Len drones on and on about how this is Week X, and they need to be more complicated, etc. The judges get to use their criteria: I wish, aside from interest groups and fan bases, if the fans could say, "We like watching people learn to dance correctly and improve at a reasonable pace" (while wearing tasteless outfits and dancing with :smokin: pros).

danceronice
08-29-2012, 01:13 AM
I think it would be great if pros took this approach, and the voters pretty much say "bite us" when Len drones on and on about how this is Week X, and they need to be more complicated, etc. The judges get to use their criteria: I wish, aside from interest groups and fan bases, if the fans could say, "We like watching people learn to dance correctly and improve at a reasonable pace" (while wearing tasteless outfits and dancing with :smokin: pros).

And it's not like that would mean nothing exciting, because you ALWAYS have ringers (plus there is only so much you can do with the men early on.) Someone with extensive non-ballroom dance will learn FASTER than someone with none, and those ringers usually win anyway.

WORSE idea than Cloris: Bring back Master P. Now, THERE is someone who clearly did nothing and willfully would not learn.

kwanfan1818
08-29-2012, 01:17 AM
The producers allowed Master P to participate, even though he could only practice a fraction of what the other pros did. I think that was a huge mistake. I hated the way his pro pouted and threw him under the bus, instead of saying, "Hey, we had X hours this week, and this is what you can do in X hours."

Sassafras
08-29-2012, 01:18 AM
And look on the bright side, those who go into rabid fits at the name "Palin"--would you rather have Cloris and Corky back?:yikes:
or Kate Gosselin :scream:

danceronice
08-29-2012, 01:47 AM
:yikes:
or Kate Gosselin :scream:

:scream: :yikes:

She'd HAVE to get a new pro because I bet Tony would quit rather than go through that again.

Rob
08-29-2012, 04:02 AM
Tell me about it. Having an eight-hour-a-day desk job did a number on my weight.

And it's not like ANY of the stars really practice alone, so do you think Mark was just making her work for ten minutes when the cameras were rolling and then letting her slack off? She didn't dance like it. Again, I realize it's hard to tell when the girl isn't just letting the pro fling her around, but she WAS NOT A BAD DANCER. .. Mark took a smarter road with a non-ringer and just tried to teach her how to dance rather than cover it up with goofy costumes and flinging her through routines.)

I agree with you but there was that gorilla suit. That was Bristol right?

They could have an All crap season with Master P, Kate Gosselin, Macy gray, Monica Seles, tucker Carlson, Kenny Mayne, Tom delay, Michael Bolton, who else?

orbitz7391
08-29-2012, 07:18 AM
They could have an All crap season with Master P, Kate Gosselin, Macy gray, Monica Seles, tucker Carlson, Kenny Mayne, Tom delay, Michael Bolton, who else?

Cloris Leachman :yikes:

Gypsy
08-29-2012, 01:32 PM
While I never considered her fat, Bristol herself admitted to gaining weight.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/219358/bristol-palin-admits-her-weight-gain-is-becoming-an-issue.html

And this time around, her goal is to not gain weight.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2012/08/07/bristol-palin-hoping-to-not-gain-weight-on-dancing-with-the-stars/

So maybe it was her diet, and not her lack of work ethic, but I just have trouble seeing how someone could dance 6-8 hours a day and still gain weight.

Remember that muscle is more dense than fat, itís possible to lose fat but still gain weight by gaining more muscle.

I know someone who totally changed their habits...ate a healthier diet and exercised every day.

The first time she stepped on the scale, she was shocked to have gained 8 pounds. (especially since her clothes felt looser)

She called the doctor and was relieved to have it explained to her that since she had been in very poor shape, that is what was happening.

I am not saying that is all that was happening with Bristol, but it may have been a factor.

As for Bristol herself, I was expecting not to like her. But, I was surprised. I think she tried hard and showed improvement each week.

Gypsy
08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Cloris Leachman :yikes:

Tom Wozniak? Mike Sorrentino (The Situation)? David Hasselhoff? Ron Artest (Metta World Peace)?

Cherub721
08-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Jerry Springer? (Actually, he's one of my all time faves)

pixie cut
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Jerry Springer? (Actually, he's one of my all time faves)

Jerry Springer was awesome. Steve Wozniak was fun to watch because he was so into it.

The Situation and Meta World Peace were obnoxious and bad dancers.

orbitz
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I wish Albert Reed would've lasted longer. I know that Anna would've had him shed more of his clothings as the weeks progressed :hat1:.

The Aiden dude was nice and he tried. He couldn't believe that he got kicked off before Kate :lol:.

pixie cut
08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I wish Albert Reed would've lasted longer. I know that Anna would've had him shed more of his clothings as the weeks progressed :hat1:.

He was all kinds of gorgeous and a pretty decent dancer, but had zero name recognition.

Spiralgraph
08-29-2012, 08:43 PM
I love the new cast, but I would've enjoyed seeing Stacey Kiebler on again.

But I can't choose who I want to win! Drew, Gilles, and Apollo woe is me...