PDA

View Full Version : DWTS: All Stars, Cast Announced

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

PRlady
08-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Bristol is on because she's the most controversial "star" they could rope back in. For another year, anyway, and then I think the Palins' really-way-too-long 15 minutes are up.

rfisher
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM
I think it is totally unfair to bash Bristol because her last name is Palin. She worked hard when she was on DWTS and improved. She had no previous dance training and wasn't an athlete, but Mark worked with her and she improved each week. I don't give a damn about her mother's politics and judged her by what she did on the show. I think she deserves to be asked back as much as any other previous top 3 contestant. Sabrina, btw, was not in the top 3.

pixie cut
08-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Bristol is on because she's the most controversial "star" they could rope back in. For another year, anyway, and then I think the Palins' really-way-too-long 15 minutes are up.

Her reality show tanked, so I don't know that she'll bring the fan base she brought in 2010.

That said, while she was controversial in her season she did dance above average and she tried hard. I can imagine the producers would rather have her than someone who complained endlessly, danced terribly or seemed too cool for school about the show. As far as controversial, she's a compromise. I'd watch her for 10 weeks before I'd sit through one Kate Gosselin performance -- awful, unwilling to accept criticism, whiny, rude to her partner, rude to the judges and acting like she was suffering to be there. Bristol may not have been as personable as Kyle Massey or as agile as Kathryn Jenkins and she may have cried a couple of times, but for the most part she showed a pretty decent sense of humor.

skatesindreams
08-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Not a fan of Sabrina, but am happy it's someone that brings Louis back!

I lovs Louis, also.

tarotx
08-28-2012, 01:06 AM
OMG Sabrina and Louis <3<3<3

orbitz
08-28-2012, 01:57 AM

I wish Lisa Rena was back. She really went all out in her training and dancing.

Eventhough the word "Stars" has to be taken with a grain of salt for this show, Bristol is the only one who seemed to have been invited on the show simply because of whom her mom is. ... And oh yeah, she got knocked up. Is Bristol still an "activist" against teen pregnancy or has that ship sailed ?

Sassafras
08-28-2012, 02:49 AM
Regarding Bristol:

...she did dance above average and she tried hard. I can imagine the producers would rather have her than someone who complained endlessly, danced terribly or seemed too cool for school about the show. As far as controversial, she's a compromise. I'd watch her for 10 weeks before I'd sit through one Kate Gosselin performance -- awful, unwilling to accept criticism, whiny, rude to her partner, rude to the judges and acting like she was suffering to be there.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Rogue
08-28-2012, 05:44 PM
That's a joke told by Kathy Griffin and then repeated by others. While Bristol definitely didn't lose weight, I wouldn't say she gained any. She also was so far from fat I wonder what anyone who called her fat considers thin. Perhaps average is Karina or Peta?

While I never considered her fat, Bristol herself admitted to gaining weight.

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/219358/bristol-palin-admits-her-weight-gain-is-becoming-an-issue.html

And this time around, her goal is to not gain weight.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2012/08/07/bristol-palin-hoping-to-not-gain-weight-on-dancing-with-the-stars/

So maybe it was her diet, and not her lack of work ethic, but I just have trouble seeing how someone could dance 6-8 hours a day and still gain weight.

purple skates
08-28-2012, 06:33 PM
So maybe it was her diet, and not her lack of work ethic, but I just have trouble seeing how someone could dance 6-8 hours a day and still gain weight.

I would assume that her hunger increased, and due to the amount of time they spend working on the show she made poor food choiuces. It's alot easier to grab McDonalds in circumstances like that than it is some fruit and veggies.

pixie cut
08-28-2012, 07:10 PM
It's alot easier to grab McDonalds in circumstances like that than it is some fruit and veggies.

Especially if you're not used to cooking for yourself.

Rogue
08-28-2012, 09:38 PM
I would assume that her hunger increased, and due to the amount of time they spend working on the show she made poor food choiuces. It's alot easier to grab McDonalds in circumstances like that than it is some fruit and veggies.

Maybe so, but I've worked a desk job my entire adult life and am notoriously bad about my diet choices, yet I've never gained 15 pounds in 4 months or even in a year (unless you count when I was pregnant). So it just seems strange to me and makes me wonder if she really was practicing 6-8 hours per day, or if she was working hard only when the cameras were filming.

Simone411
08-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Tickled to see Apolo, Emmitt and Shawn on the list! :40beers:

purple skates
08-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Maybe so, but I've worked a desk job my entire adult life and am notoriously bad about my diet choices, yet I've never gained 15 pounds in 4 months or even in a year (unless you count when I was pregnant).

Well, count yourself lucky because for lots of people, it's pretty easy to gain that kind of weight. I gained 20 pounds in less than four months when I quit smoking.

Garden Kitty
08-28-2012, 10:05 PM
So it just seems strange to me and makes me wonder if she really was practicing 6-8 hours per day, or if she was working hard only when the cameras were filming.

She certainly wasn't a good dancer, but I never got the feeling she wasn't prepared or didn't know the steps.

pixie cut
08-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Totally changing the topic, I'm interested to see what Val does with Kelly Monaco. I think Alec is a bad teacher and worse choreographer, but Val seems to be very gifted in both departments. Their publicity shot is hot, so I'm hopeful she'll surprise everyone.