PDA

View Full Version : 2012 London Olympic Games - Day ZERO!! Finally!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Simone411
07-27-2012, 08:24 PM
If it's starting at 6:30pm in Louisiana then it's not live. :shuffle:

Oh, well. Thanks, allezfred. I sort of realized it after I posted. That's alright. I'm still going to tape it. :)

Jodi
07-27-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm looking at these pictures on TV, the view of the stadium, cutting to a view over London, and I just can't quite believe it's actually happening! SQUEEEE!!

I've been a bit meh in the run-up, all the corporate crap, the scary laws, I've been feeling really disillusioned :( But in the past few days the spirit has hit, my love for the Olympics has returned, and I am ridiculously excited! :cheer2:

Enough so I'm back to wishing I was in London to taste the atmosphere. I remember how amazing it was in Manchester for the Commonwealth Games, so this must be unbelievable! I'm just trying to remind myself of the many reasons it wouldn't be practical anyway, including my tendency to get panic attacks on crowded trains :shuffle:

Mind you, as they show Weymouth in the evening sunshine now I'd probably rather be there :P Seaside!

Sad fact: I used to entertain fantasies of bumping into Ben Ainslie on the Isle of Wight ferry :rofl:

skatefan
07-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Yay, Bring it on Britain :cheer2:

AragornElessar
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Not being able to see the Olympics live as it happens is an infringement of human rights! :mitchell:

No, in this day and age of the Internet, it's just plain out and out stupid!! Would have thought NBC had learned it's lesson in Vancouver, but nope!!

HAPPY OLYMPICS DAY EVERYONE!! IT'S HERE!!! IT'S HERE!!! :rollin::rollin::rollin:

Still choked up after watching the piece on Ryder Hedjadal's Dad and best friends heading off to Milan to surprise him at the end of the second to last stage of the Giro D'Italia. That really gave me both the chills and the tears flowing.

Oh and what was HBC thinking w/our unis? They look like they're in the 70's, not 2012. When will the COC wake up and give that contract to someone who will outfit our athletes the way they deserve to be outfitted? :mad:

allezfred
07-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Wasn't Amir Khan on the record as saying he was against women boxing? :shuffle:

Spareoom
07-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Someone directed me to a live feed that's working. :D It's Brazilian and not the best quality, but it's WORKING! :D :D :D So excited. :D

Garden Kitty
07-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Still choked up after watching the piece on Ryder Hedjadal's Dad and best friends heading off to Milan to surprise him at the end of the second to last stage of the Giro D'Italia. That really gave me both the chills and the tears flowing.

Did you see Ryder auctioned off a pink jersey to raise funds for one of the women cyclists on the Canadian team. Very cool of him.

SHARPIE
07-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Sad fact: I used to entertain fantasies of bumping into Ben Ainslie on the Isle of Wight ferry :rofl:

I could entertain that fantasy too :D

:lol: it's raining! :cheer2:

poths
07-27-2012, 08:35 PM
LOVE Michael Johnson. Combined with Denise Lewis, they should have babies!

No ....it's raining! :drama: Begin as you mean to go on though, innit ? ;)

Garden Kitty
07-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Flyover (https://twitter.com/JasonLezak/status/228931975069696000/photo/1)

os168
07-27-2012, 08:39 PM
And the heaven's opened up... Welcome come to London! LOL!!! It is all that cloud!

AragornElessar
07-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Did you see Ryder auctioned off a pink jersey to raise funds for one of the women cyclists on the Canadian team. Very cool of him.

No I didn't. Awwww!! They were talking about his chances tomorrow and one thing they didn't mention is how perhaps that crash at the Tour de France might have been a Godsend, as he'll be rested. Every other rider will still be recovering from the last few weeks of the Tour. Surprised that didn't come up.

:lol: it's raining! :cheer2:

Of course it is. It's London. :D

Garden Kitty
07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
US outfits look worse than I imagined from the demo (https://twitter.com/CarliLloyd/status/228935180256153600/photo/1)

ETA: link for Aragorn re Ryder (http://ryderscyclingsociety.org/ryder-hesjedal-supports-fellow-olympian-and-cyclist-denise-ramsden-through-can-fund/)

poths
07-27-2012, 08:41 PM
British Olympians of days gone by are just swimming in the home games factor. Organisers invited all former medalists to opening ceremony. Nice touch! BBC are chatting to medalists that have never had a second look since their medal wins. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee for Olympians making $$$$$$$$ and getting airtime! :D

my little pony
07-27-2012, 08:44 PM
US outfits look worse than I imagined from the demo (https://twitter.com/CarliLloyd/status/228935180256153600/photo/1)

wow, they are unfortunate