PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Tennis: Back to Wimbledon!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]

Lorac
08-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Who are you. to say that about Federer?

Unfortunately it is true and even Roger said he just didn't play as well as he would have wanted.

Lorac
08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Comment on performances all you like.
However, to say is an insult Roger certainly doesn't deserve.

It is not an insult - and as several of us already said Roger himself as said he did not play as he can (which is what 'not showed up' means).

Loves_Shizuka
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
However, to say is an insult Roger certainly doesn't deserve.

:confused: You've never heard this before?!

If anything, it's a compliment. If he HAD "turned up" and STILL got thrashed like that... well, that'd be time to worry.

AragornElessar
08-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Colour me confused too, especially as Roger himself said he didn't really come back the way he'd hoped he would and didn't perform the way he usually does. It's not an insult, but the truth sadly.

Even Roger realized that and, as usual, even as he was confirming that, he was still complimenting Andy's level of play. Classy as always and although he didn't outright say it, he did not "show up" and he knew it too. The words we've heard out of his mouth only confirm that.

Cachoo
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Roger just had a bad day: I hear the talking heads mention the three great players and then add Andy as a distant fourth. I hope that this match turns some heads. I hope Andy is at the top to stay and will be able to win regularly against the big three.

duane
08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
However, to say___ is an insult Roger certainly doesn't deserve.
No, it's simply the truth. AWFUL performance, better if he hadn't showed up--literally! His only worst best-of-5 performance that comes to mind is 2008 RG.

Having said that, Roger made it to his 7th final of the year, he won his first singles Olympic medal after 3 previous failures, and his lead in the rankings over Novak and Nadal has increased.

hydro
08-07-2012, 09:08 PM
I had no idea Tanith Belbin was doing commentary for this Olys. So weird to see Tanith talking about tennis!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/2012/possibilities-serena-dominates-sharapova-for-tennis-title.html?chrcontext=beyond-possibilities

jeffisjeff
08-07-2012, 09:27 PM
I had no idea Tanith Belbin was doing commentary for this Olys. So weird to see Tanith talking about tennis!

She frequently pops up during the online coverage. She'll present the previous day's highlights, or things like that, during the commercial breaks. She really does a great job. I think she's got a real career ahead of her.