PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Tennis: Back to Wimbledon!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

Alixana
08-05-2012, 07:55 PM
:cheer2: Murray!:cheer2:

Just got home and watched this match unspoiled .. :cheer2: Murray!:cheer2:

AragornElessar
08-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Holy CRAP!!

Totally did not see this one coming. I hoped that Andy would have a good match, but taking Roger in three straight sets???? :eek: :eek:

So very sad for Roger, but OTOH, he does finally have an Olympic Medal and he looked and also sounds happy about it.

ANDY!!! So beyond thrilled for him and I think that Wimbledon Final was the start of this. He said in his interview w/McEnroe that Lendl told him after that loss a few weeks ago that from now on, it'll be easy because he got through the most pressure filled match of his life that day. True he didn't win, but he also didn't collapse either, and now Andy can handle anything.

I have a good feeling for the US Open and I can't wait!!! :D :D :D

I did have a bit of a laugh over the Medal Ceremony though when both British and Argentinian flags got blown so far backwards by the wind you couldn't really see them from the front, but the Swiss one never moved. All I could think was that even the Weather Gods thought Roger's the greatest of all time and by leaving his flag alone, was showing him the proper respect.

:D

And YAY for Bunny Nose!!!

Thanks Fergus for the new nickname for DelPo.

Quite the Olympics, wasn't it?

Oh and the empty seats thing, while yes we get why it happens, it's still a black eye to the Games and it bugged me watching Wimbledon coverage than anything else. That place is *always* packed for the Fortnight in early Summer, so to see empty seats *there* of all places during the Games really pissed me off more in way. So many fans could have gotten in there, but ohhhh nooo....

Yes, I get the Sponsors and "Olympic Family" are given blocks of seats, but when they're not claimed, then don't go w/the excuse of, "Oh, but it's a sold out event/venue..." crap when everyone else can easily see so many empty seats.

They really do need to come up w/something to fix this. It just looks so bad and doesn't serve the Games at all well either.

allezfred
08-05-2012, 09:42 PM
So very sad for Roger, but OTOH, he does finally have an Olympic Medal.

Errr he has a doubles gold from Beijing.

Cachoo
08-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I did not know Roger had a gold. Excellent.

AragornElessar
08-05-2012, 10:13 PM
And I knew that too. We had humidity we've never had in our area before all day yesterday and I just can't handle humidity anymore. I'm on fumes today thanks to that, so we'll chalk up my blank on that one. :)

kylet3
08-06-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm glad Lisa Raymond FINALLY has an Olympic medal. It's been a long time coming. I'm also glad she did it without the uber b*tch Huber :EVILLE: also glad that Makiri got something too. Good win for them. Pretty satisfied with the results all the way around.

Loves_Shizuka
08-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Maria/Nadia :cheer:

Aaron W
08-06-2012, 01:09 PM
I hadn't realized the men's final was best of 5. After Murray took the 2nd set, I was cheering as I thought he'd just won gold! I'm certainly thrilled he was able to remain strong enough in the 3rd set to avoid letting Roger back into the match. I hope this win instills more confidence in Andy in the future when he plays Roger, particularly at the US Open if they face each other.

liv
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM
So sad for Roger. He played poorly on Friday and today, on his favourite court, he didn't show up. If he had at least played well and gotten beaten I would have liked it better, but he coudln't get a shot between the lines in that tennis court for all the money in his bank. I think he'd be more disappointed with his play than with the actual loss. If you lose you always want to say you gave it your best and he can't say that.

Congratulations to Andy. While Roger didn't show up, Andy did. He did a good job of making sure Roger could not work his way back into the match even if his level had improved. that's not an easy feat. He didn't let up and kept the pressure on and rose to the occasion. Excellent job.

hydro
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Congratulations to Andy. While Roger didn't show up, Andy did. He did a good job of making sure Roger could not work his way back into the match even if his level had improved. that's not an easy feat. He didn't let up and kept the pressure on and rose to the occasion. Excellent job.

I really think the game in the 2nd set was the deciding factor, and Andy Murray's real arrival. He fought of 6 break points against Roger Federrer. I don't think the Andy Murray of last year could have done that.

skatesindreams
08-06-2012, 04:04 PM
He played poorly on Friday and today, on his favourite court, he didn't show up.

Who are you. to say that about Federer?

liv
08-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Roger himself said he didn't play well.

oleada
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Who are you. to say that about Federer?

:confused:
I don't think that's something anyone would disagree with. This forum wouldn't exist if only people who were capable to be world-level skaters couldn't comment on the performances.

skatesindreams
08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Comment on performances all you like.
However, to say
He didn't show up. is an insult Roger certainly doesn't deserve.

skipaway
08-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Comment on performances all you like.
However, to say is an insult Roger certainly doesn't deserve.

He showed up, but his game didn't.