PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Tennis: Back to Wimbledon!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Loves_Shizuka
08-04-2012, 05:13 PM
You learn quickly, young Skywalker.

Anyone know who British (Aussie?) announcer dude is? I'd love for Henman to go into commentating.

Where are you watching it? Henman commentates for BBC during Wimbledon. I find his voice a bit.... tinny.

london_calling
08-04-2012, 05:16 PM
at the risk of upsetting dear fergus, does anyone else get a creepy vibe from the bryans?

I've been giving the Bryan's the side eye for awhile now. I didn't even know their Dad wrote a book about raising children to be champions until recently, which made me feel a bit sorry for them.

Fergus
08-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Where are you watching it? Henman commentates for BBC during Wimbledon. I find his voice a bit.... tinny.

NBCOlympics website. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Henman.

*giggle* Tinny Henman. :P

Loves_Shizuka
08-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I've been giving the Bryan's the side eye for awhile now. I didn't even know their Dad wrote a book about raising children to be champions until recently, which made me feel a bit sorry for them.

:rofl:

(Never heard this before)

Lorac
08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Murray and Robson are through to the mixed double final. Murray is guarrented two medals from these Olympics!!! And Robson will get either a gold or silver!!!! Wow!!

os168
08-04-2012, 05:36 PM
AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we beat the Germans!! Great Robson/Murray just won the doubles through to the finals. Murray need to get to win another one with Federer now!! (i love Fed, bit wouldn't it be sweet to do it for GB)

Fergus
08-04-2012, 05:41 PM
MY BOYS!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Career "Golden Slam"! :biggrinbo

Fergus
08-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok, I LOVED that announcer dude was referring to them as "Bob & Mike Brady". :rofl:

Overjoyed, tanked, and ready to spend my better-half's inheritance on accessories! :40beers: I'm so giddy, we might even ogle straight boys in the park just for sport!

Fergus
08-04-2012, 05:55 PM
France hasn't won an Olympic Men's Doubles Tennis medal since 1924, so WELL DONE to them for silver & bronze. :)

oleada
08-04-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm glad France got 2 medals here, they have great depth in the men's :)
Now Mike has to hussle back on court to play the Mixed SF!

hydro
08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Just getting caught up, so excited for Serena! Olympic Champ! Career Golden Slam! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: She was so cute at the end with that interview.

I am a bit shocked at the utter dominance she displayed at these games. I know people were predicting her to win, but to win 6-0, 6-1 against Sharapova is just insane.

Congrats to the Bryan brothers as well, that's really great especially after Beijing.

Now on to Murray/Federrer :eek:

Cachoo
08-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I love watching the Bryan brothers when they are that in synch on the court which is much of the time. And I'm psyched for Serena too. Now I would love, love, love to see Murray win his match tomorrow.

oleada
08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Federer has to win tomorrow! He has to! :drama:

Robson/Murray will face Azarenka/Mirnyi in the mixed final. The home team is a sweet story and all....but I hope Vika/Max win! And while I like Robson, I cannot bring myself to root for Murray :P

Cheylana
08-04-2012, 10:02 PM
YAY Serena! YAY Bryan Brothers!

I'll be rooting for Fed tomorrow, but won't complain (much) if Murray grabs gold for GB ;)

Cachoo
08-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Federer has to win tomorrow! He has to! :drama:

Robson/Murray will face Azarenka/Mirnyi in the mixed final. The home team is a sweet story and all....but I hope Vika/Max win! And while I like Robson, I cannot bring myself to root for Murray :P

Wow--I didn't know Murray made two finals. I like Roger and now I know if he wins that all is not lost for Andy. But seeing a guy win in his nation for his nation is compelling.