PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Skittl1321
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
I read an article on NBC that the men were missing catches on release moves because they found it hard to differentiate the bars from the cream colored mats (then they continued to say "it is just something we have to get used to, not an excuse")

Have the women seemed to have any problems regarding the color scheme? (I never thought about it before, but those dark blue mats that are generally used probably serve a major purpose in orienting the ground and differentiating the color of the apparatus.)

The article also mentioned the material of the apparatus was wood, rather than fiber glass, and the floor has a foam base, not spring- all things US gymnasts aren't used to (but have been exposed to before.)

suep1963
07-26-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd like to know who thought that the red/cream of the mats went well with the pink. That is one fugly color combination!

tarotx
07-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Maroney's vaults certainly seemed sloppier than usual but I suppose that isn't too surprising since she hasnt done much of anything for at least 2 days. Has anyone noticed how she has ALWAYS taken a big step or hop forward on her Amanar this year? I don't think she has done it with less than a .3 landing deduction even once. Last year she was constantly doing it with only small steps or hops, often only .1 deductions. I am surprised she hasn't honed in on the landing yet but maybe they would prefer to take the deduction rather than risk injury trying to stick. She can certainly afford it. Well she has had a broken toe since May (made worst or re-injured training in London). That might have played a part in not being able to clean the vault up as the bigger meets (for us Olympic selection) all happened after that.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-blogs/gymnastics/mckayla-maroney-to-compete-with-broken-toe.html

ilovesalchows
07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Romania up now!

http://www.examiner.com/article/quick-hits-women-s-podium-training-at-the-2012-olympic-games-subdivision-v

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Ponor is doing a full twisting double layout on floor - I bet it looks lovely. :shuffle:

...In other news, her full twisting vagina flash on balance beam remains to be seen. And I hope it stays that way. :lynch:

I have a feeling I'm going to absolutely love Bulimar after this competition. :)

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Bulimar sounds good.

Full twisting DLO from Ponor.

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 08:34 PM
The whole situation reminds me of 1996 - Milo with a strained ankle, Gogean just recovered from appendicitis operation and Ana Maria Bican out shortly before the games with a knee injury and Romania had to compete with 6 instead of 7 gymnasts.

ioana
07-26-2012, 08:40 PM
The whole situation reminds me of 1996 - Milo with a strained ankle, Gogean just recovered from appendicitis operation and Ana Maria Bican out shortly before the games with a knee injury and Romania had to compete with 6 instead of 7 gymnasts.

Cacovean and Presecan never made it to Atlanta with other injuries -and that was even more :fragile: and :wuzrobbed:-worthy as far as I'm concerned. Cacovean, in particular deserved a chance to compete at the Olympics.

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Izbasa is doing the Cheng, Chelaru doing DTY jump half turn.... Amazing how they are still in it the way that they are, I think they could still medal after all of this drama. :respec:

And Dominique Dawes just answered a question I asked her on twitter, says her fav gymnast ever was Daniela Silivas. Just all kind of fab great taste and amazing that Awesome Dawesome is. :kickass:

pollyanna
07-26-2012, 08:51 PM
And Dominique Dawes just answered a question I asked her on twitter, says her fav gymnast ever was Daniela Silivas. Just all kind of fab great taste and amazing that Awesome Dawesome is. :kickass:
:swoon: I love her even more now. :swoon:

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Cacovean and Presecan never made it to Atlanta with other injuries -and that was even more :fragile: and :wuzrobbed:-worthy as far as I'm concerned. Cacovean, in particular deserved a chance to compete at the Olympics.

Maybe she did objectively but I never warmed to her. Her releases on the bar were always sooo tiny and IMO she did nothing really spectacular.
I was more sorry not to see Ana-Maria who I thought was quite expressive...such a long time ago! wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1AYOz0jyQ

Oh, and I just remember Claudia Rusan of the era - she never made a Romanian World team but I thought she was spectacular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhX0Rc903bs

reese
07-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Just watched US podium training and oh my was Maroney sulking during the other three rotations.

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 08:57 PM
:swoon: I love her even more now. :swoon:

:swoon: I know right!? Man I just love her.

She's done a great job covering gymnastics and making a name for herself in the media the past few years too, everyone still loves and respects her. Kind of cute how her and Shannon are both covering gym for different news outlets now too. I think they were meant to compete with each other for life. ;)

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh Koko Tsurumi fell on her head and couldn't continue with floor. :eek:

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Yikes! She walked away though..