PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 05:55 PM
YJN fell on bars. HKX fell first try, but hit her 2nd routine.

Musty hit a good BB. The Russians, for the most part, sound good.

ilovesalchows
07-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Sounds like AA will be the Komova/Douglas/Wieber/2nd Russian show. Will Huang sneak in there?

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm watching the US podium training now, finally got the cable stuff to work. My scores for the US vault rotation:

Aly: 15.5 (a good one for her, .3 hop forward and the legs, but one of her better blocks)
Gabby: 15.6 (a little low and small step to side)
Jo: 15.8 (leg sep and I don't think her block is as good as last year or as it can be, but great landing)
McKayla: 15.9 (Amanar, slight knee bend and big step forward, one of her weaker of the year but shes still class of the field) 15.4 2nd vault (Mustafina slight knee bend, .3 step back) I do think she started off rather gingerly but the vaults are there and she improved them as the session went on. She just needs to rest up but she's got them still.
Kyla: 15.2 (DTY perfect stick landing, chest upright, just slight leg break on preflight and crossed feet a bit, but very nice)

Kyla will make the UB final if she hits in prelims, this routine has gotten very clean in the handstand department. She looks so nice and has really won me over the past month, I just do not like her floor choreography at all.

Aly's bars have cleaned up a good .4 since trials, still sloppy but this is the best she's ever looked on bars. Gabby needs to hit in prelims!!

Jo on bars still a bit labored but her arms are much closer together and she's more extended on everything. Handstands short .1 almost everywhere, piked down dismount, still a 14.9 or 15 set though.

pollyanna
07-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Interesting comment from quickhits:

If the top countries are having breakout gymnasts here, I'd say the breakout awards are going to Anastasia Grishina of Russia and Diana Bulimar of Romania based on what we saw in the training gym.

pollyanna
07-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Sounds like AA will be the Komova/Douglas/Wieber/2nd Russian show. Will Huang sneak in there?
Hope so. Blythe Lawrence said she was impressive throughout.

Is Bulimar up for AA now Iordache is out?

Tesla
07-26-2012, 06:04 PM
The person providing quick hits on the International Gymnast facebook page keeps talking about diva behavior from Mustafina. Does anyone know what this is referring to? That person also thinks she'll only be used on bars on the team final.

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 06:06 PM
Wow Kyla has cleaned up her bar routine a lot! Her routine didn't have the leg sep on the Khorkina 1/2 transition, the handstands are almost all completely on, this routine is going to go 15.5 I say pretty easily. Improved from Olympic Trials for sure.

Gabby on bars is a bit rushed, big step back on dismount. She's had a good day but some small jitters. Aly meanwhile I have to say looks extremely fit and the best I've ever seen her on both VT and UB so far (but Gabby still better on both). I also love this US leo, hope we get to see some variations in blue at some point.

ilovesalchows
07-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Hope so. Blythe Lawrence said she was impressive throughout.

Is Bulimar up for AA now Iordache is out?

I think only Ponor and Iordache will not be AA so yes!

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
The person providing quick hits on the International Gymnast facebook page keeps talking about diva behavior from Mustafina. Does anyone know what this is referring to? That person also thinks she'll only be used on bars on the team final.

That would be pretty stupid considering how great she sounds on beam and vault.

I guess that person does not like her. If you don't like Aliya you can take her mannerism as diva behaviour. She is not smiley and bubbly but serious.

ilovesalchows
07-26-2012, 06:09 PM
I actually think Musty will be the one person doing AA in TF for Russia. Komova doesn't look confident on floor. And Musty is who you want when it's on the line.

Tesla
07-26-2012, 06:10 PM
That would be pretty stupid considering how great she sounds on beam and vault.

I guess that person does not like her. If you don't like Aliya you can take her mannerism as diva behaviour. She is not smiley and bubbly but serious.

That's what I was thinking. I'll admit. I'm not a Mustafina fan, but I remember her from 2010. I didn't think she was a diva but very intense. I actually think Komova is a bit of a diva. :shuffle: I didn't like how she gave up a few times last year.

zippy
07-26-2012, 06:14 PM
Try this: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/gymnastics/gymnastics-podium-training-u-s-women.html

Thank you!!! You are my hero, the wind beneath my wings, etc.! Wow it's all so pink - I feel like I'm living inside a pepto bismol bottle.

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 06:24 PM

They're talking nonsense; I've seen some of their updates and their bias against Musty is rather obvious. Not professional at all.

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 06:33 PM
That's what I was thinking. I'll admit. I'm not a Mustafina fan, but I remember her from 2010. I didn't think she was a diva but very intense. I actually think Komova is a bit of a diva. :shuffle: I didn't like how she gave up a few times last year.

I agree about Komova and Musty in 2010.

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 06:34 PM
They're talking nonsense; I've seen some of their updates and their bias against Musty is rather obvious. Not professional at all.

It is a pity. Even if you are not a fan of a particular gymnast you should be able to appreciate their gymnastics if it is great.