PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

reese
07-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not a huge Maroney fan, but I feel a bit bad for her that she's relegated to vault only. I don't know if that will be good for her psychologically. I wonder if we'll find out after the event that her injury is worse than we were told-- like a Memmell '08 situation. I'd really rather see her on floor that Kyla and a hit prelim routine would give her a shot at EF, so they really must have reason to fear that the injury could get worse or know that it is actually pretty bad already.

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Her vaults looked fine and the class of the field. They are being careful as to not aggrivate the injury doing floor, so she doesn't lose out on her medal chances everywhere. It sucks for us fans, but she still gets to fully soak in the Olympics she was meant to have. The US still has a giant advantage if they put 3 of the vaults that were shown today. Aly in particular did a couple just like the one I saw at US Olympic Trials warmup - high and stuck. (still slack form but with the extra block it doesn't bug as much) And shes most likely the one we bench!

Komova is right on track. So glad she's got the Amanar under her belt again. :cheer2: The girl really needs to learn how to fight though. I like how Mustafina is attacking out there so far :cheer:

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Nabieva had an Amanar as well (at least she had one in 2010 not sure about this year) - why didn't they take her? She could have stepped up on bars as well if need be and she seems more consistent than Paseka.

ilovesalchows
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
I am not reading anything about Jinan?

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I am not reading anything about Jinan?

Yea as I said, where is she? :(

Tesla
07-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Komova is going to be on the Olympic AA podium even with a fall at this point I predict. So glad she's got the Amanar under her belt again. :cheer2:

If others don't fall, I hope she isn't on the podium with a fall. I'm with ilovesalchows, it won't happen, but I hope Grishina and Mustafina do the AA final.

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM
OK Yao just fell on a DTY :(

Hedwig
Yao Jinnan's DTY looks questionable. She just did one, with her coach standing in her close to grab her if necessary. He didn't need to grab her, but she did fall.

Braulio
Nabieva had an Amanar as well (at least she had one in 2010 not sure about this year) - why didn't they take her? She could have stepped up on bars as well if need be and she seems more consistent than Paseka.

Nabieva got injured at the last russian test training camp

Eventhough her form at the Amanar really got her, she didnīt even use it at last year worlds since she was scored very low on execution (rightfully) many reported that she was even attempting a Produnova (punch double front)

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Komova was fab on bars.

Grishina good too.

HQS had a good DTY. So did DLL.

Yao had a coach spotting her landing on vault, and still she fell. I'm worried. ETA: She landed her 2nd one, but still not great.

altai_rose
07-26-2012, 05:40 PM
They need to forget about Paseka and the second vault. She has sat two Amanars but now she is working on the OTHER vault? Didn't they just bring her along for the TF Amanar?

How much is this other vault worth? Is it worth higher than a dty?

zippy
07-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Anyone who can log into the NBCOlympics stream can rewind the video and watch vault/bars/anything they might have missed. :)

Do you happen to have the link handy? Sorry, I've been tearing through my apt all morning trying to find my Charter bill for the stupid account number, finally found it as soon as Subdivision 3 was over, then the internet went down, and now I'm combing through nbcolympics.com and absolutely cannot find it anywhere. Not that I really have time to watch it anyway. I hate NBC. Why is life so difficult?? :drama:

Braulio
07-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Komova just perfect at beam, she surely got the nerves out after the floor mistakes, if she can go on competition like today with floor cleanly or at least decently executed, she will be the Olympic AA Champion

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Sounds like HQS has had a good day. Please keep this up Huang - PLEEEEEASE?!

Fridge_Break
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Do you happen to have the link handy? Sorry, I've been tearing through my apt all morning trying to find my Charter bill for the stupid account number, finally found it as soon as Subdivision 3 was over, then the internet went down, and now I'm combing through nbcolympics.com and absolutely cannot find it anywhere. Not that I really have time to watch it anyway. I hate NBC. Why is life so difficult?? :drama:

Try this: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/gymnastics/gymnastics-podium-training-u-s-women.html