PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics Podium Training WAG

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Doggygirl
07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Yes - ditto that thanks Theatregirl!

Skittl1321
07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
As long as they aren't in pink during competition, I'm fine with that.

Surely once they saw the color of the floor (entire gym...) they decided that would be a bad idea.

Then again, regardless of floor color, I think at the Olympics they need to be in red-white-blue.

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
You're welcome!

Here are the examiner quick hits:
http://www.examiner.com/article/quick-hits-women-s-podium-training-at-the-2012

Apparently Beth Tweedle lookes good. Rebecca Tunney had a big crash and is being seen by trainers.

Aly and Jordyn pretty much stuck, Kyla's looked beautiful, and Gabby got Martha cheering.

Video link for the US: http://t.co/JuMVhY1j
I can't watch it so I don't know if it works.

ETA: Beth did an excellent floor routine. Tunney is going on floor so she seems to be okay.

BigB08822
07-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Thank god they finally got the live stream working. I wish I could have seen those vaults but beam and floor will suffice.

Karpenko
07-26-2012, 03:29 PM
So thrilled to hear about McKayla on vault, the US is ready. :)

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Sounds like Maroney is done for the day which probably means Kyla will go in floor prelims. I love Maroney's floor but I couldn't stand to see her lose the chance to do that vault in EF because of an injury on floor, especially when we have a fine floor line up without her so this seems like the best choice.

ETA: Kyla fell on her punch front. Gabby stayed on but was wobbly. I have to say, I'm a bit more worried about beam than bars at this point. :lol:

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Order was Wieber, Raisman, Ross, Douglas on BB.

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
That can't be the order they are planning to actually go with. I'd die of shock if Gabby anchored beam.

Jordyn solid with one big wobble, apparently some of the connections look faster. Aly solid.

Did Jordyn and Aly go up twice? So the order is: Kyla, Gabby, Jordyn, Aly.

Kyla perfect on her second set, Gabby fell. Aly not even a wobble, stuck the patterson. Jordyn solid.

I don't think there's any way we can afford to use Gabby in team finals.

BigB08822
07-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Great beam rotation minus Ross. The order on beam is highly suspect, is Ross really only doing beam in prelim or is the prelim order switched up to allow the 3 AAers the best shot at high scores? I would prefer Ross go after Douglas but maybe Douglas doesn't handle lead off well? Raisman anchoring is not the best, either, IMO. She is solid but wont get a score boost, IMO.

BigB08822
07-26-2012, 03:46 PM
I watched the beam lineup and the order was:

Ross, Douglas, Wieber, Raisman.

Not sure where you got that, LoveShizuka.

Gabby wasn't wobbly either. Her leg came up on her back full but other than that she was really really solid.

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Great beam rotation minus Ross. The order on beam is highly suspect, is Ross really only doing beam in prelim or is the prelim order switched up to allow the 3 AAers the best shot at high scores? I would prefer Ross go after Douglas but maybe Douglas doesn't handle lead off well? Raisman anchoring is not the best, either, IMO. She is solid but wont get a score boost, IMO.

Martha may think Gabby will be stronger if she doesn't have to lead off.

Anna Li has torn a ligament in her neck and is no longer training as an alternate.

numbers123
07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Guess I'm the only one who sees the words "podium training" and wonders why the gymnasts need to practice receiving their medals. :slinkaway

me too

tg - i've tried logging into US, but it doesn't recognize us (husband and me) :(

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:51 PM
On twitter it also looked like they went through twice starting with Jordyn and Aly. Not that I don't trust you, just that that's how it read. As far as the wobbles, just reporting what is on twitter. Like I said, I can't watch at work. And she did fall the second time through.

Fridge_Break
tg - i've tried logging into US, but it doesn't recognize us (husband and me) :(

It was doing that for me too, then I discovered I was trying to log in with the wrong user name :o

itofan
Was it just me or did anyone here the camera man swearing? LOL!