ah, thanks.

that is not:" in a minute" :mad:

;)

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Lol. No, it is not.

pollyanna
07-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Miruna posted this information (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3629410&postcount=418) about Iordache's chances to compete AA, and says Haidu is not yet being called to London.

Thank you Miruna!

ioana
07-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Bitang has confirmed Larisa has fasciatis in her left heel and even though she's now taped up which helps balance her foot, she will not be able to compete AA, but they (Belu and Bitang) will determine if can do UB and BB in prelims to try and qualify for event finals. She also said " there's no question of doing all around any longer and our chances for a team medal in her absence on 4 events are now non-existent."

http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/jo-2012/bitang-sa-fim-realisti-sansele-echipei-romaniei-la-o-medalie-au-devenit-nule-prin-accidentarea-larisei-348939.html

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the Iordache news.

I absolutely don't doubt the severity of the problem - but I'm not sure if I agree with Bitang that they have "0% chance for a team medal" - I wonder if she really believes that either?

Scintillation
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Ugh, I hope they don't throw in the towel now. It's a massive blow to their chances but you never know, China could have a seriously bad day and they might be able to get on the podium.
No one thought the US men had much of a chance for a medal after the Hamm brothers withdrew in 2008, but they ended up having a fantastic competition and won the bronze.

ioana
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the Iordache news.

I absolutely don't doubt the severity of the problem - but I'm not sure if I agree with Bitang that they have "0% chance for a team medal" - I wonder if she really believes that either?

Average doom-and-gloom pre-emptive damage control...Remember, these are the coaches who would whine about the team's state 8 years ago since "a gymnast of Sabou's level had to be included" on the Worlds team. Bitang has her qualities, but keeping cool under pressure and making level-headed statements ain't it.

ETA from the interview
Aren't you being pessimistic about the team's medal chances?
I'm realistic! We were fighting with Russia, but now we don't have a chance. We will try to get Larisa up on beam tonight, even if she doesn't do her entire routine. I hope the situation will motivate Sandra Izbaşa and Cătălina Ponor to give their best in this competition. For themselves and for Romania!

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
^:lol: Well, I still think they have a chance. China are wildcards to put it mildly.

altai_rose
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
There's also the not too remote chance that Russia will fall 3+ times on beam.

I'm saying this though I love them to bits!

Loves_Shizuka
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
The US group has started. And yes, they're wearing hot pink.

Fridge_Break
07-26-2012, 03:00 PM
As long as they aren't in pink during competition, I'm fine with that.

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
McKayla's doing the Amanar!

ETA: Apparently it was good. She's limiting repetitions. Gabby landed hers with a step back. Jordyn a little low in the air but landed. Raisman small hop. Gabby sat one but Jordyn nearly stuck her next one. McKayla did the Mustafina as well with a small hop.

BigB08822
07-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Thrilled for Maroney. Can someone link me the live quick hits they are following?

Theatregirl1122
07-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Thrilled for Maroney. Can someone link me the live quick hits they are following?

I've been following on twitter. Inside gymnastics, gymnastike, Nancy Armour, and Alexa Ainsworth are all tweeting live updates along with USA gym. Between the four of them, I pretty much get everything.

Looks like competition order is Aly, Gabby, Jordyn, McKayla. Aly and Jordyn both nearly stuck all of their Amanars (Jordyn stuck one), Gabby landed two and sat one.

Sounds like the USA ladies were proving a point. Lol.

ETA: linup looks to be Aly, Jordyn, Kyla, Gabby on bars. McKayla isn't practicing them.

Hedwig
07-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks for posting the twitter summaries, theatergirl. I am not on twitter so this is appreciated!